Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What will be the iconic play from the 2018
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,392

What will be the iconic play from the 2018

Jan 12, 2019, 11:16 AM

championship game? Terrell pick 6? Ross one handed catch? Higgins TD?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For me there are 2

Jan 12, 2019, 11:19 AM

Clemson Play: Ross's one hand twisting catch

Alabama Play: Failed fake FG

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To me, the Ross catch is the whole game in one play.

Jan 12, 2019, 11:29 AM

There's really no reason he should make that catch.

Going into the game, few gave Clemson a chance to win, and nobody was thinking they'd win by more than 7. This is Alabama. They have all the talent in the world. This might be Saban's best team ever. This might be the best college football team ever. They could beat the Raiders...

Ross' momentum is carrying him out of bounds, the ball is back towards his inside shoulder, he reaches out with one hand...even now, there's no reason he should make this catch. 99% of all receivers in the history of football, this is incomplete.

Alabama moved the ball at will between the 20s. They held our offense in check on first and second down. They may have made more plays by volume than we did, I haven't counted. But there were about ten key plays in the game and Clemson made nine of them.

The Tigers just wouldn't let this one go...and neither would Ross.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To me, the Ross catch is the whole game in one play.

Jan 12, 2019, 11:52 AM

Spot on! The will to win elevated the impossible to possible. It felt like a providential moment on every big play!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What will be the iconic play from the 2018

Jan 12, 2019, 11:30 AM

There was only one point in time the entire season in which we were in danger of not having a perfect season - 2nd half of Syracuse without our once in 5 generations-type QB. So I’m assuming the iconic play has to be when we succeeded when at our absolute most vulnerable - 4th and 6 against Syracuse.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The question was, "Iconic play of the championship game!"

Jan 12, 2019, 11:41 AM

Now, I can agree with you, if OP asked, "...of the season!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The question was, "Iconic play of the championship game!"

Jan 12, 2019, 3:17 PM

Oops. He broke up his sentence between the title and the body, and I didn’t read the whole first sentence. Why not just put the entire sentence in the headline?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 11:51 AM

Offense: Ross I handed catch, due to safety concerns for the Bama CB (broken ankle?) on Ross' TD catch.

Defense: Muse/Huggins stopping Tau on 4th down (shut the door). Pick 6 was a thing of beauty, as well (play call).

Special Teams: Niles stuffing the fake FG. The double donk missed PAT would have been crazy if it bounce in. Still, crazy bounce like none other.

Which Ross one handed catch?

Jan 12, 2019, 11:53 AM

The one where he only had one hand to catch with because the defender had the other or the one handed catch where the ball was thrown to the wrong shoulder and only one hand could reach that far?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No bobble

Jan 12, 2019, 1:18 PM

Pretty sure we all mean the clean one; where he reaches out fully extended and plucks the ball from the opposite side of the Bama defender, who has no idea where the ball is.

Jan 12, 2019, 3:29 PM

The pick knocked them back. We traded shots during the rest of the 1st Q...But when they could not respond in the 2nd Q... I think the stuffed fake FG let Saban know that he was SCREWED...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,392
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic