Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Again..last 10+ minute 4th qtr drive in Natty vs Bama longest in Clemson history..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Again..last 10+ minute 4th qtr drive in Natty vs Bama longest in Clemson history..

Feb 7, 2019, 10:35 AM

(especially with not really wanting to score and insult the foe). Drive was out of our end-zone area & ended up at the Bama 4 when coaches called off the Tiger!

Did this post to remind Coots & Tiders who they’re dealing with & to tell them to stop their SEC crapppo and know CLEMSON is the Big Boy on the Block now!

Haa....

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Again..last 10+ minute 4th qtr drive in Natty vs Bama longest in Clemson history..

Feb 7, 2019, 10:52 AM

My favorite part of that drive was when we ran the ball up the middle on the very last snap of the game.

We did not take a knee.

Bama players understood that it was their job to make the tackle or we would score.

Then once we got the clock under 40 seconds we let the clock run out.

There was no mention of disrespect for running the ball.

I would imagine if we had scored on the last snap, Bama fans would have been mad that they couldn't stop us again.

It was refreshing to see both teams do what they were supposed to do without any whining of not being fair or disrespect.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Again..last 10+ minute 4th qtr drive in Natty vs Bama longest in Clemson history..

Feb 7, 2019, 10:56 AM

That was a 4th and 5 and Dabo didn't want to give the ball back to them. So taking a knee would have stopped the clock and Bama would have the ball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 11:05 AM

Dabo would have run the same play on 3rd and 5. He wasn't taking a knee either way.

He was giving Adam Choice every carry he could get in his last game.

If he was worried about not giving the ball back, then he most likely would not have called a basic run up the middle.

We simply snapped the ball because one more snap was necessary to run out the clock.

Feb 7, 2019, 11:21 AM

He had been running up the middle with QB read options for most of that drive. the Play before Chase decided to keep in and lost a yard. Other than that the run up the middle was working against a defense that had quit and was tired. So yes it would have been the same play but the previous 10 plays were pretty much the same and that was the only one that was 4th down. He kind of knew that it has a great chance of getting the first down.

Feb 7, 2019, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Again..last 10+ minute 4th qtr drive in Natty vs Bama longest in Clemson history.. ]

A score there would have given the #1 team their worse defeat in college football history. I don't remember where I read that but if I recall correctly the worse lose by a #1 team was like 34 points.

Feb 7, 2019, 11:41 AM

It also would have completed a totally dominant 99-yard drive to end the CFP. What a cherry on top that would have been! I really thought we were going to do it.

Only one play of 20+ yards, but a dozen more that moved the chains. The ultimate difference between the two teams: one could not get the short yardage when they needed to, the other could.

The difference was that they took their great WRs off the field on short yardage plays, but we did not. This allowed our DBs to be involved in run support with minimal risk. Their DC couldn't do that, because our WRs are short yardage monsters, so they had to devote extra people to cover Tee and Ross.

How SWEET IT IS - and gets better each day***

Feb 7, 2019, 11:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What made it even greater, Bama knew we were trying to

Feb 7, 2019, 5:24 PM

be conservative to run clock, limiting our play calls, and they STILL could not keep us from getting first down after first down. I really wish we would have taken it in on that last drive, knowing the comments that the Bama whiners made after the game anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic