Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is the Best Prank Ever Played on The Coot U by Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

What is the Best Prank Ever Played on The Coot U by Clemson?

Nov 19, 2018, 9:58 AM
Tiger 1.jpg(81.2 K)

What say ye?

Looking for old timers to chime in as well.

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is the Best Prank Ever Played on The Coot U by Clemson?

Nov 19, 2018, 10:04 AM

One of the Clemson fraternities and the think the cheerleaders organized the paw prints into Columbia one year. There were Tiger Paws on the interstate all the way into Columbia. It was done at night and it was cool. The funny part is the Coots tried it the next year and got arrested! LOL. I think is was in '77 or 78' if I remember correctly

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 10:07 AM

Giving them hope in 2015.

They had people in each county, used CB radios to coordinate***

Nov 19, 2018, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: What is the Best Prank Ever Played on The Coot U by Clemson? ]

clemson rejects all their freshmen..***

Nov 19, 2018, 10:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

That's not a prank.***

Nov 19, 2018, 1:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 11:09 AM

I think it was in the late 70's when we let them come from about 24 points down to
take the lead in the game in the final couple of minutes.
That's when they started showing off the 'No cigar today' shirts they were wearing
under their jerseys.
Then Steve Fuller drove Clemson right down the field and hit Jerry Butler for the winning TD.
It was a glorious moment.
Pretty sure the older ones are still stinging from that.

Nov 19, 2018, 11:33 AM

I don't know about the best , but the elder Tigers said on a Big Thursday game , A Clemson Man
took a live chicken to Midfield and wrung its neck and It flopped on the ground until it died .
Then an all out brawl was started , that took an hour to clear .,

I would pay to see that one .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 12:39 PM

It was 1977 we let USCjr think they were going to win before Butler's catch!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: What is the Best Prank Ever Played on The Coot U by Clemson? ]

I know the guys who did this. One was a friend of mines father. The other two-I sat next to them in the Board Of Trustees Box during the 100th anniversary game.

The Catch I***

Nov 19, 2018, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: What is the Best Prank Ever Played on The Coot U by Clemson? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 19, 2018, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: What is the Best Prank Ever Played on The Coot U by Clemson? ]

Do not forget the two passes before Butler's catch. Both were caught by Dwight Clark. What would that duo do in today's scheme.

Nov 19, 2018, 12:57 PM

Not so much a prank, but was funny when it happened...

It was either the 1977 or 79 game in cootlumbia. Prior to the game, they'd drive a hearse around the inside of the stadium for a Clemson funeral. The crowd would go crazy as it passed...they had cheerleaders and their mascot at the time Big Spur following behind it. As it ended its march around the field, they can to the Clemson section. We were booing, but the tiger (maybe Zach Mills) patiently waited and fired the cannon, maybe 3 feet from the cheerleaders. Scared the crap out of me in the stands...can only imagine what it'd have been like to be in front of it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 1:33 PM

Letting them think it is actually a rivalry

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

56 - 7

Nov 19, 2018, 1:33 PM

Although 63-17 is a close second.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Nov 19, 2018, 1:50 PM

Ferrell, Bryant, and Wilkins returning for a Bentley

I also found this ol' timy photo

http://www.ludhamarchive.org.uk/coot7.JPG

Nov 19, 2018, 2:05 PM

I heard someone mailed our Ray Tanner a list on official Clemson Letterhead a few years back that said, "If Dabo ever leaves, our top coaching prospects to takeover as Head Coach are: 1. Will Muschamp...."

The rest is history.

Not going to name names, but a recently transferred DT

Nov 19, 2018, 2:17 PM

Nov 19, 2018, 2:33 PM

Maybe not the best prank, but I'll confess to buying a couple of rubber chickens and a bunch of rope prior to the 1990 game in Clemson, and in the wee hours Satuday morning hanging one chicken from the railroad trestle between Anderson and Clemson (glad a train didn't come when we were out there) and the other off the overpass coming into Clemson on 123.

Nov 19, 2018, 2:42 PM

When we said...Yeah, if you guys leave the conference, we'll be right behind you.

Nov 19, 2018, 9:27 PM

I won’t claim it as the best prank ever but I’m still proud of doing this back in 1982. It was hung while adding the east upper deck at willie b during the summer of 1982

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 9:45 PM

I think it was in 71 that early before the game, someone used the cannon on a live chicken.

Nov 19, 2018, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: What is the Best Prank Ever Played on The Coot U by Clemson? ]

I can’t believe I forgot about that! That was great... it was all over the news. #### fans were up in arms. If you did this I bow to your greatness!

Nov 19, 2018, 9:53 PM

??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 10:16 PM

The day spurrier quit there was an auction on eBay. The auction read something like this:

“The University of South Carolina Athletic Department will auction to the highest bidder the banner outside W-B stadium of Steve Spurrier. The ole ball coach brought our school to new heights and this is your chance to own a piece of Gamecock history. Good luck on your bidding “

This was posted by a Clemson fan I know very well. The auction post began around 8pm the night he quit. By 6am the next morning the bidding had reached about $5,000. My friend got a little nervous and called eBay to tell them it was not a real auction but just a joke. eBay understood and they pulled the auction down.

FGF has several posts about the auction and then they were all pissed when it disappeared. ??

We're in the middle of the prank:

Nov 19, 2018, 11:34 PM

Handing them the game in several games to give them five in a row an make them think it's actually a rivalry. Then running off a dozen in a row to rip their little chicken hearts out once again.

Fifteen year pranks are the best!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic