Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tournament or Not
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Tournament or Not

Mar 9, 2019, 9:53 PM

All you BB critics need to SHUT UP ! Any school that fires a coach that won 25 last year and 19 this year would be a bunch of total IDIOTS. Now just SHUT UP !!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Performance doesn't matter

Mar 9, 2019, 9:58 PM

Ticket sales and attendance will be BB's downfall. His type of coaching leads to boring basketball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Performance doesn't matter

Mar 9, 2019, 10:00 PM

Example of Idiot !

What exactly is boring about it?

Mar 9, 2019, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Performance doesn't matter ]

Virginia has the slowest tempo in all of CBB (353 teams), but nobody is calling Tony Bennett's style boring because his team is currently 28-2 with one of the highest AdjEM's ever posted on KenPom.

Winning consistently is all that matters.

It's not boring if you win with it!!***

Mar 9, 2019, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Performance doesn't matter ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Performance doesn't matter

Mar 10, 2019, 4:28 AM [ in reply to Performance doesn't matter ]

Boring? It’s not boring. Where did that come from? We may struggle to score sometimes but it’s not because of a boring scheme like Virginia. Albeit they’re pretty good

Re: Tournament or Not

Mar 9, 2019, 10:05 PM

I thought we made the ACC tournament?!?!

Mar 9, 2019, 10:39 PM

We have won despite poor coaching. It will be a long year for the next several years with no recruits.

Mar 10, 2019, 5:32 AM

We have 3 really good commitments coming in. We will have really good guard play in the future.

Mar 10, 2019, 12:28 AM

Do you get into fights over Crab Legs?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2019, 4:44 AM

I want BB at clemson but the argument is logical. We made a sweet 16 and won 25 games. We have 4 seniors along with Aamir Simms and we win 19 so far this year? That’s the concern for some folks. If he can’t get a team like this back to the tourney any easier than this with a veteran team then what should we expect when all these guys are gone? What should we expect when the next recruiting class are veterans in a few years? Will we be improving? I hope so. I want him to be the guy to get it done. We’re about to lose major pieces. I don’t see us having another team soon with a scorer like reed and a big man like Thomas.

Mar 10, 2019, 8:34 AM

OK.I'll SHUT UP about firing BB. However, I won't SHUT UP about why some people thin he should be fired.
It's called consistency, and YOU pointed it out.25 wins last year,19 this year. Under BB, now in his 9th season, he has an overall .572 winning percentage. but in ACC play his record is a subpar 74-81(.477), and not all of those losses have come against teams named Dookies, UNCheats or Virginia Chokealeers.
And in those 9 years, what does he have to show for it, but two trips to the Big Dance(one I will admit to was the Sweet Sixteen, but that can be offset by a first-round home loss in the N.I.T.).Again, its called consistency.
Add to that they have, what is it 4 losses this year by fewer than 3 points vs one win (against the Irish this week). Even one of those losses, which come against teams BB should be able to beat, not just compete against, and we might not be having this discussion.
You want Brad around, then fine. But he needs to find someways to recruit players who can compete game in and game out, for 40 minutes, not 39.
How we managed to win that game yesterday, I'll never know, but the first half was dismal, to say the least.
Of course, you will gladly take the win, and fortunately, you don't need "style points" like you sometimes do in football, to advance, but if you want to get to the NCAA's you had better be able to beat the Wolf Puppies on Wednesday, something they couldn't do a month ago on the road, which seems to be another problem of consistency for this team.

And anybody who post 500 youtube music videos on a

Mar 10, 2019, 9:06 AM

Sports Board is a sociopath.

Mar 10, 2019, 9:19 AM

It is inevitable that he will eventually get fired. I am thankful he has represented Clemson with class and integrity. That being said, I still think it is time for a change. I am ok with him staying another year. He earned it by putting us in place for back to back trips to the dance. Ultimately, nobody will succeed here unless they can recruit really well. We have zero tradition. We are a below average team historically. We also play in the greatest basketball conference in the country. I just hope he does not get another extension. To answer the question, yes we will make it to the tournament. I think we will make sweet 16. Mark me down so you can hate on prediction in a couple weeks.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Mar 10, 2019, 9:48 AM

We might make the Tournament, but no way do we make the Sweet Sixteen!
See, I didn't even have to wait a couple of weeks.

I cringe every time you and Jessy

Mar 10, 2019, 9:51 AM

Use 'we' and 'us'. You and Jessy are neither. Period. Give it up. You're 'they' and 'them'...with feathers.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I cringe every time you and Jessy

Mar 10, 2019, 9:58 AM

O.K."Clemson" makes the tournament, but no way does "Clemson" make the Sweet Sixteen!

Mar 10, 2019, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Tournament or Not ]

Well we are playing decent. Alot of heart yesterday and an awful shooting first half, yet they played well. I am thinking we get in at last four in. We will then play like an eleven seed and if we win that we will play a 4 seed. I can see us playing good enough to win that with my orange colored glasses.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic