Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What do y’all guys expect from GTs offense against Clemson!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

What do y’all guys expect from GTs offense against Clemson!

Jul 16, 2019, 11:20 AM

Obviously Clemson will win but I expect some elements of surprise from GT. We don’t have much film at all to study on them. All we know is there likely to throw it around a little bit. My guess is we prepare for them about like we do Syracuse. It might be close for about a half before Clemson shuts them down in second half. I’ll wait on my final score prediction but I expect Clemson to win this game by 20 at least. And I cannot wait till kick off Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is plenty of tape on both Geoff Collins and

Jul 16, 2019, 11:23 AM

Dave Patenaude as HC/OC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: There is plenty of tape on both Geoff Collins and

Jul 16, 2019, 11:28 AM

This should be slaughter city.

Re: I think you have it backwards....what can GT's offense

Jul 16, 2019, 11:31 AM

expect from our defense?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: What do y’all guys expect from GTs offense against Clemson!

Jul 16, 2019, 11:32 AM

I expect their offense to be mediocre at best. Success against the nerds continues...

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 11:53 AM

I don't expect them to put up enough of a fight for us to need to do anything beyond vanilla. Why give A&M any exotic looks to prepare for if we don't have to? I'd expect us to rotate on defense early and often to get people's feet wet, especially at backer. I'd keep it simple and out-athlete them on defense. Offense should have no problem supporting the defense on game 1.

Having personnel for option learning an entirely new offense playing

Jul 16, 2019, 12:01 PM

Clemson as their first game with a comfortable qb? I think they may try some new wrinkles and maybe a few surprises for the first quarter. After that I expect BV to have his men settled down and all over it. I expect them to make mistakes in the new system and will be surprised if there aren’t several procedure penalties and a couple of turnovers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely nothing.***

Jul 16, 2019, 12:27 PM

Prediction for GT?

Jul 16, 2019, 12:31 PM

Pain. Pure, unadulterated pain.

Re: They may try some of the formations USCe had to see if they still work***

Jul 16, 2019, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Absolutely nothing.*** ]

Varies

Jul 16, 2019, 12:35 PM

Will range from hot burning garbage to a dumpster fire.

Will set the game of football back even further than their segregation-era previous offense did.

Less cut blocks***

Jul 16, 2019, 1:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

^^^This***

Jul 16, 2019, 7:19 PM

Jul 16, 2019, 1:04 PM

What do I expect? I expect it to fail.

They will be trying to force a square peg through a round

Jul 16, 2019, 7:21 PM

hole for a while there. Let's just say we won't really know much about our defense after week 1.

I expect not more than 10 points from GT! ***

Jul 16, 2019, 7:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Question: how many saw gt sg?

Jul 16, 2019, 9:40 PM

I am aware it was them against themselves, but the players have taken well to the new offense. Much better than I think people realize based on the comments.
I see GT becoming a real pain for us and Georgia. Geoff Collins has that "synergy" to draw recruits. And, greater Atlanta is where we have thrived in recent years.
I fully expect we beat them, say 3 tds. But, they do have the element of surprise. And will have nothing to lose, because they are supposed to get trounced. Dangerous combo that our coaching staff will be prepared for.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well gt doesn't recruit dumb athletes...

Jul 16, 2019, 10:01 PM

They did not get the 5* recruits under PJ but just gaining admission to gt probably meant they didn't scrape the bottom of the barrel in brains. I suspect they will pick up a new offense quickly but I am not sure the have the "guns" to stick with our talent. They may do well in years to come but PJ's offense may have hindered their current offense's ability to execute. Time will tell but we just need to play our game and win.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Negative yards.***

Jul 16, 2019, 7:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 9:49 PM

I expect them to wet their pants and run away.

Jul 16, 2019, 9:54 PM

I expect the nerds to try to run a lot of trick plays because they know they can't play us straight up. The talent level gap is too wide for the bees to keep up. I think BV will blitz early and often to disrupt the timing of the trick plays.

I Expect Little or Nothing

Jul 16, 2019, 9:55 PM

The disadvantage of installing a new offensive scheme is huge. Especially in light of over 3/4ths of their recruiting history being focused on option players. Clemson’s talent and speed will destroy this fledgling offense.

AND

Most importantly the prior ball control option game shortened the game. This new offense will leave Trevor and team even more time to score. This one is over by mid 2nd qtr.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Expect Little or Nothing

Jul 17, 2019, 4:00 PM

Agree. I see our 4th string playing quarter speed in second half AND scoring.

Jul 16, 2019, 10:11 PM

This game will be easier than with PJ there.

Jul 16, 2019, 10:13 PM

Oliver is their new QB with not all that much PT last year. He only completed 7 passes, but actually rushed for more TD's than Marshall (starter). I expect GT to still include a lot of option plays, but far less than under PJ. I don't think Oliver passes all that well (7 for 16), so they had better have some really good RB's to try and run the ball a lot.

Either way, GT is going to get pummeled.

Jul 16, 2019, 10:44 PM

Won't be much more trouble for us than ala-bambi was.

Jul 16, 2019, 11:20 PM

They dont have the talent for their new scheme.

A couple TD's and a lot of punts. Being a first game with a

Jul 16, 2019, 11:37 PM

completely unknown O, they will strike oil a few times I would think, especially as they start to get further and further behind as our vanilla game plan simply out-athletes them. I don't expect a super blowout in our first game out of the box. Dabo will play too many guys to get the kinks out and ready them up for the rest of the season ahead.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nada***

Jul 17, 2019, 9:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2019, 12:44 PM

I really expect they will sprinkle in some of the old optionrooney either to start or after we start to crack the code on their new O. Just because they will expect that we haven't prepared for it and the fact that our front 7 is a little wet behind the ears.

Jul 17, 2019, 4:07 PM

Ineptitude , confusion . An offense that feels like it can't do anything ...which will be justified .
Their defense might as well stay in Atlanta and study ...results wouldn't vary much for them either way .

DB23

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic