Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What do each of you charge Finebaum for living in your head?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

What do each of you charge Finebaum for living in your head?

Jan 10, 2019, 10:11 AM

Asking for a friend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To me he's on par with Korncoot...have never

Jan 10, 2019, 10:19 AM

and will never listen to either...

Message was edited by: tigermaniac®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not 1 cent...to me he's on par with Korncoot...have never

Jan 10, 2019, 10:22 AM

Some posts just leave me shaking my head

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 10:33 AM

I've been listening to Korncoot in the evenings since he's on WCCP now. He is now complementary of Clemson. I realize he wasn't always.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 10:34 AM

meant to reply to the poster above you

Re: What do each of you charge Finebaum for living in your head?

Jan 10, 2019, 10:27 AM

I'll never understand the ones who think ESPN is biased and hates us, yet they seem to watch every single day. I don't think ESPN is biased like many do. However, Finebaum is their SEC guy and they don't hide the fact that his job is to cover the SEC. They know most of his listeners are SEC fans. If you listen to him and expect anything other than an SEC slant then that's on you. That's like being a South Carolina fan and coming over here expecting an unbiased view of their own team.

As for the rest of ESPN, I've just simply never seen the bias. What usually happens is some guy on ESPN says he thinks Bama is the best team, or says we might struggle with our upcoming opponent, and a few people run on here to complain of how ESPN is biased towards Bama/SEC and hates us. I don't take predictions/opinions as something to get upset about because I don't need the approval of everyone.

We've long passed the point as a program where it should matter. If someone in the media says we'll miss the CFP next year then we'll either prove that person wrong or we won't. Their actual opinion doesn't impact us on the field, and they have a right to their opinion. If someone picks us to win the NC next season then I wouldn't expect anyone on here to say that person is biased in favor of us or that they hate all the other teams. So why do we so many people lose that common sense when someone picks against us?

Nothing, never watch him

Jan 10, 2019, 10:27 AM

I do not watch people that I do not value their opinion. Life is too short to dwell on small minds.

Jan 10, 2019, 10:30 AM

I don't listen to him but I lived in Birmingham from 84 to 86. Eli Gold was not Al. play by play, but had an afternoon call in show. On Tuesday Eli did NASCAR and Finebaum was his fill in. Coach Howard was being interviewed by Finebaum. He was there to be inducted into one of the Hall of Fames. Classic Frank. He laid out so much BS Finebaum seemed dumbfounded. He stated that Coach you are from Alabama right.
Coach told him that's right. I lived about a wagon greasing out of Mobile. Then rambled on about his humble beginnings. Hilarious. Coach Howard took over the show. Finebaum was overwhelmed.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 10:58 AM

Worry not, Finebaum pays the rent. The entertainment provided by the SEC homers calling in from the trailer parks is priceless.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic