Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What Kind of Construction Activity is Going on at Bowman?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,926

What Kind of Construction Activity is Going on at Bowman?

Jul 2, 2018, 4:05 PM

Just Curious...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tennis?***

Jul 2, 2018, 4:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

For new business school building ...

Jul 2, 2018, 4:16 PM

... reworking highway 93 & streets in front of Sikes Hall.

Highway 93 is only one way coming from President's House towards downtown Clemson right now.

Supposed to be done before school starts back up in mid-August. I think as with every project in Clemson they will be behind schedule and everything will be a mess.

Re: For new business school building ...

Jul 2, 2018, 4:23 PM

Thanks

Re: What Kind of Construction Activity is Going on at Bowman?

Jul 2, 2018, 4:18 PM

I think they have been doing some sewer work. They cut up the asphalt (and the concrete under it, new manholes installed, and backfilling now. They’ve torn up the intersection at Calhoun drive, and of course the new business school building going in at street level at the foot of the hill where clemson house once was. The amount of dirt the moved after C house was down was staggering, they stored it all at the armory on Pendleton road, probably and acre 30 feet deep on the shallow end, deeper on the downshill side. Now they are doing a bunch of dirt work at the armory, looks like it is connecting to that newer parking lot behind the first cit bank on 93. Also tearing down the old water tower, and widening perimeter road. At some point supposedly doing a sewer line project down 123 which will be miserable, and eventually they will be doing all the work on college avenue, which will include retractable bollards to block college ave from 93 and making it more pedestrian friendly, wider Sikes walks, etc. will also be a major headache but that won’t occur for a few more years. Not sure what final plans for downtown the settled on but had them all posted on the town website. I’m sure someone on here is more in the know with what is actually going on on 93, would love to hear more myself.

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Jul 2, 2018, 4:23 PM

Thanks

Jul 2, 2018, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: What Kind of Construction Activity is Going on at Bowman? ]

Most of what Tiger XJ is saying is spot on. The utility construction on 93 is to the intersection of 93 and College. As he said that is to be finished by mid August in time for the students return. Then sometime next year they will do the second phase from College to the cooling station right across from the Esso Club. As for the College Avenue corridor changes most of the impactful stuff on the southern end (the downtown portion) won’t take place until there is a second parking garage. The location is yet to be determined and funded. Probably will take a while but the goal for College is to make it more pedestrian friendly.

As for 123 there hasn’t been any discussion about any sewer construction however once the new sewer plant is on line there may be some impacts. SCDOT and the city have been talking about putting a concrete median in place on 123 with specific turn opportunities. Not sure how that will play out but as you may know it can get hairy with all the uncontrolled turning opportunities.

Jul 2, 2018, 4:55 PM

Man a concrete median would be a blessing on 123, I’ve been making that argument for the past year. All the left turns make that stretch a zoo. Add in the fact that during the school year, half the drivers have less than 2-6 years experience driving, and every day I see something more ridiculous than the day before. Also, I enjoy chick fil a as much as the next guy, but I have never needed it so bad I was willing to stop in the middle of a travel lane and block traffic.

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

you are such a bollard

Jul 2, 2018, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: What Kind of Construction Activity is Going on at Bowman? ]

I like that word but don't know what it means

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Is Coach Howard involved in this construction project?

Jul 2, 2018, 5:37 PM

Saying..he told me personally in 1988 that he caused 123 Bypass to be built in 60’s due to telling Hwy Patrol to sit on their assses every Coot football game @ Clemson so their big wheels in the legislature would finally raise funds for new hwy to get to & to leave Tigertown quickly after their beatdowns.

What a guy & coach..From personally mowing football field to selling IPTAY dream to the 123 Bypass..and took his TiGERS to some impressive Bowls!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Coach Howard involved in this construction project?

Jul 2, 2018, 9:30 PM

Those who never knew Coach Howard missed a special person. He said exactly what he thought and didn't care who liked or didn't like it. The coots' "stated objection" to begin playing games at Clemson in 1960 was traffic congestion. He made a statement that gamecock fans would have no traffic problems at Clemson because they went home when losing and would be back in Columbia by the time the final whistle blew.

He despised Jake Penland, The State's sports editor, and he never passed up an opportunity to express his opinion of Penland. I attended the football banquet with my Dad as a young kid, and Coach thanked the sports writers for coming and added, "Even if you did bring Penland with you."

Re: Is Coach Howard involved in this construction project?

Jul 2, 2018, 10:47 PM

Had forgotten about Jake Penland. Thanks for the info.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,926
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic