Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama — they seem beatable
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Alabama — they seem beatable

Sep 16, 2018, 11:00 AM

If they lose their qb, running back , a couple of DEs, three line backers, 2 OLs, 2 DLs,
2 safeties and 2 receivers ..

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Seem Unbeatable "why"? Lots of points............well

Sep 16, 2018, 11:07 AM

I seem to recall several teams who were "just smoking opponents early in the season" who did not walk away with the hardware. How quick a team gels is different from team to team. Some have it together early on; but lose steam late! Some others seem flat and then suddenly a sense of urgency overcomes the team as a whole and "you can't stay on the field with them"!
It's a long season...…..if they go wire to wire at this pace it would shock me! Also, they played, Louisville who had to rally to beat W. Kentucky at home. Arkansas St. and Ole Miss who was giving up 34 ppg coming into the contest with Bama!
I'll close by saying: Remember how Ohio St. was blasting people the year they got smoked 31-0?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama — they seem beatable

Sep 16, 2018, 11:07 AM

Let's see what happens when they play a team with a pulse. They are one of the top 5 teams out there no doubt but I'm not believing the hype until they play and pound a quality opponent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

QB

Sep 16, 2018, 11:21 AM

If Tua goes down, they could be in trouble. Lots of rumors that Hurts will play 4, redshirt to save this year of eligibility, graduate in December, then go to another program as a graduate transfer with 2 years of eligibility remaining.

There's a lot of "ifs" in that speculation. And who's to say Hurts wouldn't burn his year in a critical game late in the year with the championship on the line?

Regardless, their offense looks phenomenal so far and it all rests on Tua. If he gets injured, that offense slows way down.

As much as I hate to say it, Bama looks really good and if they avoid injuries, I'm not sure anyone can keep it close with them. Thank God it's early in the season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They do look good

Sep 16, 2018, 11:27 AM

You always know Bama has the best athletes & recruits. They used to be satisfied with just running it up the gut, mixed in with a few screens and play action passes and just physically demoralizing teams. Now they have a legit pocket passer that can move as well. Different animal this year. We'll serve ourselves well to keep developing TL as the season progresses. We'll need him

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

You have fallen for it, hook, line, and sinker.

Sep 16, 2018, 12:04 PM

It happens every year with Bama under Saban. After a few games, Bama is just too big, too fast, too talented. They are supermen. Scary.

Bullshid.

Then, every year, they lose. They are human after all. It's largely media driven hype, and everyone mindlessly jumps on the bandwagon. Don't. To be clear, Alabama is very, very good. They may indeed be the best team in the country. But they are human, and they tear and bleed just like everybody else. They can be beat - again. Don't fall for it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Plus

Sep 16, 2018, 12:07 PM

their OL gets to hold

All O-lines get to hold freely and openly.

Sep 16, 2018, 12:10 PM

Some are better at it than others, and benefit from it more, for sure.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: You have fallen for it, hook, line, and sinker.

Sep 16, 2018, 12:36 PM [ in reply to You have fallen for it, hook, line, and sinker. ]

There has never been any "hype" about Bama under Saban. Since 2008 their only disappointing stint was a 3 loss season in 2010.

The idea that they are unbeatable is ALL HYPE.

Sep 16, 2018, 1:38 PM

Or, you could call it a lie, because it's not true. Read my post again; I was very clear that Bama is very good and may be the best team in the country, and to that extent hype is deserved. It is not deserved to the extent that Bama is unbeatable, and that is a fact.

- H. L. Mencken

Sep 16, 2018, 12:36 PM [ in reply to You have fallen for it, hook, line, and sinker. ]

Nm

Message was edited by: K_arena1

Sep 16, 2018, 1:09 PM [ in reply to You have fallen for it, hook, line, and sinker. ]

But when they tear, they get a 5* to transfer in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Ok so they are nearly unbeatable.

Sep 16, 2018, 2:04 PM [ in reply to You have fallen for it, hook, line, and sinker. ]

Over the last 3 years they are 44-3.

44-3! That's insane. So they are 'nearly' unbeatable.

During the same amount of time, we are merely 43-4.

Feels like we lose all the time. So frustrating.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What Bama is doing right now is similar to when Oregon would

Sep 16, 2018, 12:23 PM

beat teams by 60.

If they can beat you by a little, they can beat you by a lot.

But they have yet to face even an average defense. Their OL gets leaky on pass pro, and the defense was giving up yards, even on the groudn, to Ole Miss. But Ole couldn't hold onto the ball.

THey are really good, but I want to see them against aTm and LSU first.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 12:30 PM

It reminds me of when Rocky Balboa fought the russian.... no chance... but ole Rock just kept coming, then he caught him with that left hook and drew blood...then the penguin, oops, Mick told him...see, he bleeds, he is human, he bleeds. I think by January, we can bloody Bamas nose!

No offense but Rocky/Sly Stallone make me want to vomit

Sep 16, 2018, 12:34 PM

I respect the story, but not the characters

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: No offense but Rocky/Sly Stallone make me want to vomit

Sep 16, 2018, 12:36 PM

None taken my fellow Tiger!

...only by the Tigers.

Sep 16, 2018, 12:38 PM

Alabama is not losing until they play us in the playoffs.

Sep 16, 2018, 12:42 PM

Talent wise, we match up well with them. I think at this point in time, their q.b. play is better than ours. Hopefully by playoff time, T.L. will have developed to his potential.

Ger back to me when Tua has a great game against a great pass rush

Sep 16, 2018, 1:18 PM

Jake Bentley looks great against a weak pass rush too. When Tua came In against UGA the dawgs were already tired and they had built their whole game plan around stopping the run.
Tua is clearly gifted. But you won’t know what is really between his ears until you see if up against a fast and big pass rush. It will help if the backfield judge actually calls holding when it happens.

Sep 16, 2018, 1:35 PM

Again: yeah, we'll see.

There will be plenty of chances to see, too. They play A&M, LSU, Mississippi State, and Auburn...and then likely would draw UGA in the SEC Championship Game, just in case they didn't get enough already.

A stumble in any of those games could knock them out of the playoff picture. If they get some key injuries - especially at LB, where they're paper-thin right now - they could look a lot more mortal, very quickly.

So it goes, in college football. It's a long, long, season, and it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic