Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We’re generally lucky - not that many rainy or cold games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

We’re generally lucky - not that many rainy or cold games

Jun 14, 2019, 5:57 PM

I would assume the Notre Dame had to be the wettest ever, and I’m sure Baylor in the ATL was coldest (maybe the game in Boise?)

Any others stand out? (Would ask about hottest but way too many of those!)

I recall my parents telling me about an away game they went to back in probably 50s I think at GT. I forget if it was there or at one of the NC schools. She would always talk about how the water was just pouring down the steps and her and woman from other couple they were with couldn’t take it and had to leave and stand under an overhang (still got wet). Of course Dad and his buddy just sat in rain .

Any good rain/cold stories out there?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We’re generally lucky - not that many rainy or cold games

Jun 14, 2019, 6:24 PM

I was at the Notre Dame game and loved it. Yes, it was the wettest football game I've ever played in or sat through, but it was one of the greatest games I've ever seen.

A couple of years before, it poured rain during the Uof5C game. A couple of coots unprepared for the weather sat behind me and were absolutely miserable. One said "I don't know why I keep coming here for this game.... I'll never do it again. It's the worst place in the world". I just chuckled in my rain suit.

I didn’t go, but wasn’t 2018 ACCCG pretty miserable?***

Jun 14, 2019, 7:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was Valhalla . . . ??????

Jun 14, 2019, 7:53 PM

?????Compared to the ND Game!!!!!!! ?????

The TCU ?? Game was a Wet One TOO!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I didn’t go, but wasn’t 2018 ACCCG pretty miserable?***

Jun 14, 2019, 8:04 PM [ in reply to I didn’t go, but wasn’t 2018 ACCCG pretty miserable?*** ]

Nothing compared to ND.

I would say that's the majority opinion. Don't know

Jun 14, 2019, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: We’re generally lucky - not that many rainy or cold games ]

anyone that didn't love that miserable game.

That must have been the year before the ND game, since

Jun 14, 2019, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: We’re generally lucky - not that many rainy or cold games ]

2014 was the year we ended their run! And the ND game was in 2015.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2019, 8:07 PM

Agree with you on the Peach Bowl at Fulton County Stadium Atl.
As cold as I've ever been.
Another was at the Gator Bowl one year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was is the radio booth for that game

Jun 14, 2019, 9:12 PM

but it wasn't a booth. Was an auxiliary press box, open air, at the very top of the stadium. Wind was blowing right at our backs the whole game. Cannot ever remember being colder. Was 75 degrees in Greenville the day before

Jun 14, 2019, 8:55 PM

Nope. I think the coldest and wettest game I’ve ever attended was the 72 game when we beat the chickens 7-6... at Tigertown.

Not sure what the temp was but I do remember it was a cold blowing rain and I remember after the game when we got back to the car, the windows and windshield had ice on them....

Couldn’t feel our legs or hands or nothing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at the '72 chicken plucking, but to me, that Peach

Jun 14, 2019, 9:24 PM

Bowl game was much colder to me! Losing that one had to be worse than any win against the chickens!

Jun 14, 2019, 9:09 PM

2011 acc championship vs vtech

Low 30s blowing 15 knots

Good win but man that was a cold game

Jun 14, 2019, 10:20 PM

ACCCG was not bad. Drizzle and light rain. Watching ETN break that long run for a TD on his first carry made me forget about rain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2019, 11:35 PM

Puntrooski game in ‘88 vs FSU was a slopfest of rain too but it was early in the season so it wasn’t a cold rain.

Peach Bowl vs Baylor was just a damp cold that got in your bones.

Kind of funny but the Natty in Tampa was actually pretty cold once the sun went down. It was a bit of a cold snap that some people didn’t have the clothes for.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic