Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, there seems to be a lot of adults
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,587

Well, there seems to be a lot of adults

Dec 8, 2018, 8:36 PM

Doing their best 8th-grade meltdown over a basketball game in December. Full-blown Eeyore mode.

Mississippi State may not make 19 3-pointers the rest of December, but...and how dare Reed get hurt, but, hey, it's only one player. Just like football, right? Next man up and all?

Oh, well, carry on with your whine practice...no doubt it will age into a fine vintage.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, there seems to be a lot of adults

Dec 8, 2018, 8:46 PM

Ya you’re right my bad... great effort today by the team. A traditionally poor shooting team in Miss St just got lucky to make all those wide open 3s. Plus St Pete is a power house at some level so great team win there. In general the team coming off of a sweet 16 has looked very impressive and there’s no way we don’t duplicate that effort. You convinced me... wasn’t sure if that was Duke or Clemson out there today.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there is homerisim

Dec 8, 2018, 11:45 PM

And there is reality

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's pretty typical

Dec 9, 2018, 8:19 AM

expect more with every loss. Making the Sweet 16 made us a blue blood, don't you know? Losing to tourney teams was never going to happen again. Never mind our bench is inexperienced, our center has been hurt and unable to practice until recently, and yesterday 19ppg was missing from the lineup.

We certainly have areas we have to improve. Newman and Tyson are playing like Freshmen and need to grow up quick. Simms needs to continue to be assertive like yesterday. Mitchell needs to step up. But the doomsday talk is really premature. Need to survive the rest of the non conference schedule, and Radford will be extremely tough in a week. Then get through the gauntlet we open the league with with at least one win. We do that we're going to be fine, if we stay healthy.

Depth is my biggest concern right now. Need Newman, Tyson, White and Jemison to begin making strides, as playing with 6 guys, five yesterday without Reed, is a recipe for a long season. But IMO they will come along

What concerns me is one of those areas they

Dec 9, 2018, 8:33 AM

need to improve is shooting. You can't go 8 for 41 beyond the arc over a two game stretch and expect to win to many games. The second part of that is if you're shooting that bad, 41 3's is allot of attempts.

Re: It's pretty typical

Dec 9, 2018, 8:39 AM [ in reply to It's pretty typical ]

The preseason Fall practices were “hit or miss,” we have multiple injuries, and then our best player goes down. What the heck should fans expect? At the rate we are headed CBB and team will make the NIT and actually feel somewhat lucky. If we turn it all around and make the NCAA tournament so much the better.

Just beat Radford and Usuck first to right the ship so to speak.

Go Tigers ??!!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,587
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic