Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
we will never know if ucf belongs unless given a chance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

we will never know if ucf belongs unless given a chance

Jan 1, 2019, 1:36 PM

i mean honestly whats the worst that could happen they get blown out like notre dame?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we will never know if ucf belongs unless given a chance

Jan 1, 2019, 1:37 PM

They would get a chance if they choose to play somebody.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

as i said give them a shot

Jan 1, 2019, 1:38 PM

the "they played no one" is stupid logic..they cant do any worse than oklahoma and notre dame did in their ### whoopings they got

It’s a valid argument.

Jan 1, 2019, 2:19 PM

They need to have a “We’ll play anyone, anywhere, anytime.” mentality. You have to earn respect, they apparently just want it handed to them. I had a lot more respect for them before they turned down Florida’s offer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Exactly***

Jan 1, 2019, 2:30 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Florida's offer was designed specifically so that

Jan 1, 2019, 2:35 PM [ in reply to It’s a valid argument. ]

it would get turned down and UF could claim they tried. It wasn't even a 2-for-1, it was 2 at Florida and one neutral site.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like I said; anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Jan 1, 2019, 2:36 PM

UCF blew it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Meh, surely they can get a single away game

Jan 1, 2019, 2:37 PM

from someone instead of committing to two road games and not even getting a home game back.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s no different than a career.

Jan 1, 2019, 2:45 PM

You start out taking jobs that might not be ideal, but you do those jobs to the best of your ability and hope others take notice. If those who have been there longer do notice your work, you move up, and eventually you are in upper management. If you come in your first week complaining that you don’t get any respect, you probably won’t be there long. UCF needs to be willing to do the work.

I agree they should be willing to be road warriors

Jan 1, 2019, 2:53 PM

but there's no reason to take that deal from Florida. I'm sure they'll sign up to play one of those Georgia Dome games or a single road game against different teams. Wouldn't mind seeing Radakovich schedule them.

I do hope that they get a few big time regular

Jan 1, 2019, 2:54 PM

season games over the next few years. Hopefully they can keep it going.

Jan 1, 2019, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: we will never know if ucf belongs unless given a chance ]

The schedule argument is such a cop out.

They would have needed to know 5-10 years prior that they would have a good team, and have gotten a couple power five teams to agree to schedule them, and those power 5 teams would also be good this year.

They did schedule two, but one was only the ACC Coastal champ, and the other got canceled due to a hurricane.

Jan 1, 2019, 2:51 PM

Then at least try beating Memphis by more than 1 point? Last year they needed double overtime to beat Memphis. That’s the same Memphis team that Missouri beat by over 30 this year, and that lost to a Wake team that we beat 63-3.

If you want schedules to not matter then why should Clemson and other P5 teams bother to schedule any difficult OOC games? Let’s drop A&M for next year and replace them with SC State since we don’t want to run the risk of a loss.

Jan 1, 2019, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: we will never know if ucf belongs unless given a chance ]

Then at least try beating Memphis by more than 1 point? Last year they needed double overtime to beat Memphis. That’s the same Memphis team that Missouri beat by over 30 this year, and that lost to a Wake team that we beat 63-3.

If you want schedules to not matter then why should Clemson and other P5 teams bother to schedule any difficult OOC games? Let’s drop A&M for next year and replace them with SC State since we don’t want to run the risk of a loss.

Well right now, looks like they don't

Jan 1, 2019, 2:24 PM

LSU looks like they actually wants to win this game, unlike Auburn last year in Atlanta

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 2:27 PM

If they get beat badly today , there goes their chance .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're saying UCF deserved to take NDs spot?

Jan 1, 2019, 2:50 PM

That makes no sense when rationally looking at it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic