Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Message removed by Author
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Nov 10, 2019, 5:51 PM
crap fan.jpg(223.7 K)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should have poasted one

Nov 10, 2019, 6:00 PM

of her face and made her tnet famous

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: You should have poasted one

Nov 10, 2019, 6:48 PM

I'm wondering why the heck is Trevor Lawrence sitting 2 seats down from this girl when the game isn't over. Get your head in the game, Trevor!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Fans stand up

Nov 10, 2019, 6:03 PM

all the time and they should. If you don't want to be stuck behind fans that stand, don't go the game. It's really that simple.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Fans stand up

Nov 10, 2019, 6:07 PM

It's not a big deal to you because you probably like to stand up. How about next time you stand up the guy/gal in front of you stands on their seat so you can't see. You OK with that? Maybe they like to stand on their seat!

Standing on seats is not permitted and you will be told by

Nov 10, 2019, 8:44 AM

security not to do it. No, I don't like to stand the whole time but have had fans in front of me do it. I never once thought about asking them to sit down because it's expected.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's rude to stand when you are the only one standing

Nov 10, 2019, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Fans stand up ]

and everyone in front you is sitting. Some people are just rude. It's really that simple.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If only one person is standing you can move your head to the

Nov 10, 2019, 6:16 PM

side ever so slightly and see just fine. Now if you have a neck brace on maybe not but most people don't so it's a ridiculous complaint. Simple as that.

yeah, not much you can do with azzzholes.

Nov 10, 2019, 6:19 PM

If anybody in front of me is blocking any part of my field of vision, I stand. I don't mind standing the whole game. I don't mind sitting either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's rude to stand when you are the only one standing

Nov 11, 2019, 4:36 AM [ in reply to It's rude to stand when you are the only one standing ]

Very rude. Its very selfish.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Fans stand up ]

He wasn't at the game he was in a Bistro.

He is talking about at the game not the bistro.***

Nov 10, 2019, 6:32 PM

Re: He is talking about at the game not the bistro.***

Nov 10, 2019, 7:14 PM

But you are referring to people at the game.

You need to reread the post. The standing was at the game

Nov 10, 2019, 7:16 PM

not the bistro.

Nov 10, 2019, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Fans stand up ]

all the time and they should. If you don't want to be stuck behind fans that stand, don't go the game. It's really that simple.

You're the type of jacka$$ that I get seated behind occasionally.

FU. I don't stand up unless everyone is but you know

Nov 10, 2019, 6:41 PM

what, I don't give a crap if someone is in front of me does, unlike you azzhole.

Re: FU. I don't stand up unless everyone is but you know

Nov 10, 2019, 7:17 PM

There we go. I knew old Baltimore would be a quick tempered, foul- mouthed Yankee S*****.
And there it is. He better never stand in front of me at a game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't start the foul language. The poster I responded to

Nov 10, 2019, 7:20 PM

did. Read his post.

Nov 10, 2019, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Fans stand up ]

This was my view St UNC when I was seated. He stood the entire game. I stood as well and did my best to get a peek at the field.

Nov 10, 2019, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Fans stand up ]

That's a stupid comment. Maybe when you get 69 like me, you'll understand. I stand a lot but like to sit on occasion.... especially if everyone else is sitting. That's just inconsiderate

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or you could be considerate instead of a full-on

Nov 10, 2019, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Fans stand up ]

########.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Pretty much sums it up...

Nov 10, 2019, 9:59 PM

...used to be known as common courtesy. Welcome to 2019.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Nov 11, 2019, 2:09 AM [ in reply to Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Fans stand up ]

standing up is one thing during the game, yes people stand for big plays, I do it, everyone does it and fans understands that. She stood up and would not sit back down. She wasn't watching the game she was having a conversation with her mother. So you think she's just fine being rude and obnoxious to some older folks who also want to watch the game?

Stuff happening like this to me over 60+ yrs in stadiums is reason at 78 I stay put 90%

Nov 10, 2019, 6:03 PM

of the time..and when I owned 2 chairs at the Carolina Panthers Stadium it was worse due to beer & NFL type fans getting rowdy & bossy.

Not worth it any more and as I look at & read about low attendance nationally, it is caused by bad behavior, high ticket prices, more convenient to watch from home, etc.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was a bit shocked how nice the fans were.

Jun 20, 2021, 5:07 PM

The team and the fans gave up before the game started. Maybe if the game was a little closer it might have been different. The fans were very pleasant to me.

It seems that the older I get the less confrontation I see. It probably has as much or more to do with my behavior than it does the other fan basses.

But you advocate starting a confrontation for one person

Nov 10, 2019, 6:19 PM

standing?

Re: But you advocate starting a confrontation for one person

Nov 10, 2019, 6:28 PM

It would depend. If they are just standing, then I can stand and see and it’s no big deal. If however, you stand on your seat I will tap you on the shoulder and ask nicely for you to sit down. After that you have an option to sit down on your own or possibly sit in a wheelchair for life. The choice is yours. Most sit down or stand in the aisle like normal people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The OP never said she was standing on a seat.***

Nov 10, 2019, 6:35 PM

Re: NC State fans

Nov 10, 2019, 6:41 PM

So....your offended by a girl standing at a football game and her uninterested parents. Yet it seemed perfectly acceptable to you to not only photograph this girl but post her image on social media? Wow.

Good point.***

Nov 10, 2019, 6:46 PM

Well, it seems pretty obvious that I was raised

Nov 10, 2019, 6:49 PM

Rather poorly. Early on, I was taught that appropriate behavior, later learned as courtesy, was being attentive to how those around me were acting. If all were standing, it was cool to join in...and if they sat, I should consider similar.

What were my elders thinking?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is a pretty simple concept....***

Nov 10, 2019, 7:01 PM

Your elders probably wouldn't have complained

Nov 10, 2019, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Well, it seems pretty obvious that I was raised ]

about a young girl standing up and wouldn't have distributed her picture for others to see but what am I thinking.

Frankly, the evidence says you're more fixated on

Nov 10, 2019, 8:09 PM

Being thought of us as right...and getting the last word in. So, take it...the last word. Continuing, to me, is juvenile...and while I somewhat relish the thought of turning back time, chances are, the sequel to this point in my life just might be worse than the original. The floor...it's yours.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Re: NC State fans ]

Yea man, I think that is actually a privacy issue as it relates to minors and the net. Something about posting pictures of children without consent.

Probably want to take that down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2019, 2:16 AM [ in reply to Re: NC State fans ]

I did not post her face. This girl was flat out rude to these people. And her mother was almost as bad. And she stood simply because she was asked to sit so they could see. They were not asking her to sit the whole game but not stay standing in front of them the entire game either. Several people had to look around her, the game was at the far end of the stadium. A little courtesy goes a long way, everyone knows people stand during the game for big plays, that's part of the game. Having a mother-daughter talk isn't that.

In fairness...

Nov 10, 2019, 7:30 PM

most of them had already headed home by halftime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: In fairness...

Nov 10, 2019, 9:40 PM

I know this is dated, but at the 1979 ND game, there was one older woman in the stands who asked this older Clemson man to sit down, to which he stated " Ma'am, I did not drive for 18 hours to sit at this game!" I heard and saw this happen. Our next time at ND, they will not sit us in two distinct groups on near opposite ends of the stadium and give us balloons before the game. They became instant noise makers. But it was a beautiful day, weather wise for upper Indiana for mid-November. And if you folks have never been in that area, it is relatively flat.

Re: In fairness...

Nov 11, 2019, 2:19 AM

got the same thing when I went to ND, those people don't have season tickets they have real estate for life. They like to sit and watch their games... we did sit for the most part as it was their house and they were respectful to us.

Did you just post a picture of a little girl on the internet***

Nov 10, 2019, 10:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Did you just post a picture of a little girl on the internet***

Nov 11, 2019, 2:21 AM

Nope, I posted a picture of people in the stands at a game. There just happens to be one and only one standing....

Message was edited by: JPF16®

Did you post a picture on the internet of a group of people

Nov 11, 2019, 8:34 AM

and then single out a little girl ?

The #### is wrong with you? What if that was your child?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Did you post a picture on the internet of a group of people

Nov 11, 2019, 8:44 AM

If she were my child she would see that nobody else in the entire section is standing. Then out of respect for those around her she would also sit. She wouldn’t have to be asked.

HTH

Re: Message removed by Author

Nov 11, 2019, 6:04 AM

Easy solution: sit on your coach and watch the game at home. That way you don’t have to deal with any standing.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic