Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For you folks that think the SEC is way ahead of the ACC in football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

For you folks that think the SEC is way ahead of the ACC in football

Jan 18, 2019, 12:02 PM

Some stats for the past three years:

ACC has two national titles...SEC one.

ACC has better CFP win percentage

ACC has more bowl wins & better win percentage in bowls

ACC is only conference where every team has been to a bowl, during the past 3 years

Head to head, ACC is 19-17 vs SEC, over past three years.

Last three years bowl records ACC 19-14, Big10 15-12, Big12 13-8, SEC 17-19, PAC12 7-15

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The last 3 years? What is the significance of only looking

Jan 18, 2019, 12:06 PM

back 3 years? Seems arbitrary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Over the last 6 years, ACC 3, SEC 2, and B1G 1.***

Jan 18, 2019, 12:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Over the last 6 years, ACC 3, SEC 2, and B1G 1.***

Jan 18, 2019, 1:16 PM

You could go back longer but 3-4 years would seem to encompass the lifespan of anyone currently playing college football. For this discussion it doesn't really matter if the SEC was superior in 2008. Football, like life, is a what have you done for me lately environment .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, go back six, ACC has 3 national championships, SEC 2.

Jan 18, 2019, 12:20 PM [ in reply to The last 3 years? What is the significance of only looking ]

But, the recent years are the most relevant, why go back 20 or 30?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't disagree that the last 20 or 30 years

Jan 18, 2019, 12:53 PM

are irrelevant to today. What is the significance of the last 6 years? Just going back far enough to include another ACC national champion? Looking at head-to-head, national championships, CFP records for both conferences in the playoff era seems relevant, the last 5 years.

Each conference has 2 championships

I believe the SEC has gone 7-4 in the playoffs and the ACC has gone 5-3

But I have no idea what head-to-head records are over the last 5 years.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: For you folks that think the SEC is way ahead of the ACC in football

Jan 18, 2019, 12:08 PM

The gap isn’t nearly as big as everyone says.

But....

3 of your 4 bullet points are all because of Clemson.

Clemson is 8-1 against sec teams over the last year. Take our record out and all other teams are 11-16.

You take Clemson out of the acc and bama out of the sec, the sec is much better.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 12:19 PM

I didn’t think we should remove a team to make the conference look worse or better.I thought it was the entire conference. Ala and Clemson are better than the other teams in the conferences .We could remove Vanderbilt,ark., tenn,and a couple more if you want to skew the numbers

Jan 18, 2019, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: For you folks that think the SEC is way ahead of the ACC in football ]

Take out Bama and what has the SEC done? Exactly.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 12:25 PM

I am with you. I have never understood how a propaganda machine is so effective on so many people. I see what I see, if what I’m hearing doesn’t match what I see, I ignore my ears and believe my eyes.

Is 3 three years arbitrary? Sure. Is 5 years arbitrary, 10 years, 20 years? Yes they’re all arbitrary. 3 years is the recent trend and the recent trend is the only valid time period for looking at the recent trend. The statistics for the recent trend indicate that my ears have been subjected to 1000 days of hogwash emanating from my TV, but my eyeballs have been loving it.

Jan 18, 2019, 12:31 PM

If you give frogs wings, they will quit bumping their butts.

Unquestionably (in my mind) the SEC is overrated.

Jan 18, 2019, 12:38 PM

It’s fine but the idea that it is something amazing is way overblown.

The ACC suffers from name programs being down...FSU, Miami and VT.

null

Jan 18, 2019, 12:44 PM

The difference and where it is, is obvious. It's at the top. In the last few years,m as that is what you want to discuss, no one has approached Clemson'rt eliteness in the ACC. There is no one else at tier #1. The SEC has several that are at tier #1. That's the difference. When you drop from the top tier, then to me, not much difference. But until you have two or three teams vying for a championship consistently, then you have to admit the SEC is better, overall. But who cares really? I always pull for conference teams when they play out of the conference. It makes the conference better when they win. But I'm not getting worked up if we are the only great team in the conference.

With all due respect...

Jan 18, 2019, 12:50 PM

There are only two Tier 1 teams...and each gave the other their worse loss in the past number of years. There are some (current) Tier 2 teams, which are needed for the other two CFP slots...and then...the rest. It's a massive gap at the moment, in my view. But, to suggest Bama and Clemson have challengers at the moment (which doesn't mean they won't slip up in a game) is to belie what one's eyes are seeing.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were way better in 2018, just not every year.***

Jan 18, 2019, 1:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic