Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A SLAP IN THE FACE??? REALLY KB?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

A SLAP IN THE FACE??? REALLY KB?

Sep 26, 2018, 10:39 AM

I cannot believe that this man has made that comment. Does this guy really think he has the tools and skillset to play in the NFL. I can tell you right now that based on what I've seen he does NOT and will not play in the NFL EVER. I'm sure that he is upset, but to air out dirty laundry to Greenville News is a step over the line if you ask me. He lost his starting position so he has three options.

1. He could stick it out and try to compete. (Risky)
2. He could thank Clemson for an education, growth, and the opportunity and quietly transfer.
3. He could #### and moan about losing his position and blame it on someone else.

He chose option three and to me that's a slap in the face to Coach Swinney who has backed this man up from day one when it was obvious to all others that Trevor Lawrence was the better Quarterback. I can tell you this much, former players have probably reached out to Kelly Bryant and poisoned his ear with a bunch of nonsense because they hold a bias towards Kelly. I hope that those former players do not poison the rest of the team. It really matters if the team rallies around Trevor and supports him as their new leader. This is huge for Clemson right now and presents a very fragile situation. For the sake of the team and the program, I hope that the players rally around him for support.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Meh.

Sep 26, 2018, 11:04 AM

KB left a lot of sweat and blood on the field our Tigers. He has a right to process a lot of conflicted feelings about all of this, and everybody (media/fans) would be better off giving him a little space right now.

This program is a lot bigger than a (slight) bit of shade in the media. Maybe you should follow Swinney's lead, and take the high road.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well-conveyed. Completely agree.

Sep 26, 2018, 11:06 AM

Allow Kelly to be emotional right now. It's a sign that he truly cared about Clemson and his job.

He needs the tiger family to support him now more than ever.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well-conveyed. Completely agree.

Sep 26, 2018, 11:15 AM

Wish Kelly would take time before making life change. He will get playing time and he can accomplish more by digging deeper. Returning to number one spot on depth chart will give proof he can play at next level and reach for stars.

Hoping whispers from dark side do not truly prevail here. May light shine upon him, the team, Tiger Nation and may we show why we are Tigers with orange and purple in our blood and souls.

He doesn't have time. He's a senior who has played 4 games

Sep 26, 2018, 11:43 AM

this season. With the current NCAA rules, you can't play more than 4 games and transfer. Yeah, maybe he would have gotten a few snaps next week but then he'd be done completely.

GO TIGERS

Re: Well-conveyed. Completely agree.

Sep 26, 2018, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Well-conveyed. Completely agree. ]

Wish Kelly would take time before making life change. He will get playing time and he can accomplish more by digging deeper. Returning to number one spot on depth chart will give proof he can play at next level and reach for stars.

Hoping whispers from dark side do not truly prevail here. May light shine upon him, the team, Tiger Nation and may we show why we are Tigers with orange and purple in our blood and souls.

I think he's spot on - if those quotes are legitimate

Sep 26, 2018, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Meh. ]

then Kelly Bryant is acting immature. He has every right to be emotional about losing the starting job, but he was flat out wrong for the backhanded statements. If all he could come up were those comments, then he should have just said no comment.

I don't think there will be any media blowback...

Sep 26, 2018, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Meh. ]

they've been watching the same games we have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Meh.

Sep 26, 2018, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Meh. ]

Hoping whispers from dark side do not truly prevail here. May light shine upon him, the team, Tiger Nation and may we show why we are Tigers with orange and purple in our blood and souls

Message was edited by: pkinATL

"i waited my turn"

Sep 26, 2018, 11:10 AM

talk about entitled

That only happens in Japan***

Sep 26, 2018, 11:40 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in the end he did what was best for HIM

Sep 26, 2018, 11:11 AM

what a leader

I can’t help but think of Cole Stoudt

Sep 26, 2018, 11:12 AM

He lost his starting position for DW4 and took it in stride. Came in at the bowl game and became a hero of Tiger nation. Cole Stoudt did it the right way.
If Bryant would have told the Coaches first , like they did him. They didn’t announce it at the press conference first. I’m disappointed in how KB is handling this. Just sounds like entitlement to me.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

Re: A SLAP IN THE FACE??? REALLY KB?

Sep 26, 2018, 11:20 AM

Exactly. Everyone can understand he doesn't like being removed as a starter but it happens to players at every position. They all know (or should) that if a guy is playing better than you, you may lose your starting job. This isn't new to sports. You never seem to hear this kind of groaning about being entitled to a starting role from anyone but QBs.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:52 PM

oh, I don't know about that. Wide receivers can spend a lot of time complaining about the ball not coming their way.

I'm not so quick to think he was intent on insulting Dabo..

Sep 26, 2018, 11:20 AM

or any of our coaching staff. I know for a fact you have suffered circumstances in life which were as stunning as a slap in the face. I know you've not turned to find someone to blame but deal with the issue like a man.

I think the comment was a truthful evaluation of the pain which stunned him from being in a position in life which dictated that he depart from Clemson to do what was best for him. Perhaps it was the first time he felt that life had defeated him.

I'm just asking you to find a frame of reference in your experience that seems comparable to the one Kelly found himself in a coupe days ago. I've claimed several times that the drop off in his performance this season resulting in the lack of success on the field was a self imposed pressure which took away his edge.

Keeping with that theme I submit that he may be blaming himself for his plight. I just want everyone to hold the emotions until we can all be circumspect and take an objective look at the situation from Kelly's perspective.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 12:24 PM

Can't say I fully understand KB's decision here, but then again I have never even remotely been in that position. My only hope is that he or someone in his inner circle doesn't compound the situation and pull the race card. I hate myself for even thinking this way, but in this day and age anything is possible. That would be a real tragedy.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:38 PM

Excellent post. It is regretful that KB decided to go to the media. Even if he transfers to another program he has no guarantee of playing time. He would have accomplished far more by remaining at Clemson. He would have received playing time possibly at a new position where he might have a chance to play at a higher level after Clemson.

I did not mean any disrespect to KB but he is not NFL material as a QB. He is such a good athlete that he may have made it at another position. Or he could have stayed at Clemson to help launch his career as a football coach.

But you never ever air you locker room talk and what goes on behind the scenes to the media especially if you are in KB’s emotional state right now. Decisions he will live to regret for a long time. KB you will be in my prayers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never burn your bridges.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:45 PM

One day you'll need to cross it for some reason and it will be gone.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:46 PM

Shut up dude.

I drive through Calhoun Falls on my way to work to my high salary, corporate job. I'm blessed.

His mother, is not. She still lives in a dilapidated, leaky old trailer that I pass every day. Its a dump.

He wants to buy her a nice house for her and his family. He isnt doing that as the backup.

He gave it his all and lost after what some Clemson fans would call a controversial competition. He has other dreams besides football, and football money is the key to making those dreams. If he looks back on his life and says "yeah, I couldve transferred and kept working hard to try to make it to the league and bought my mom a house, but instead I sat on the bench and kept playing backup".

What looks like giving up to you is fighting for another chance for him. These players come to Clemson to contribute to the team to achieve personal dreams. If they cant do that for our team, they'll do it elsewhere. This man wants to get his mom out of that dump, and being QB2 wont give him the chance to try and earn that.

No, its not guaranteed that he will make it in the pros, but transferring gives him a better chance to get there. He could walk into any other ACC or SEC school right now and immediately be gifted the starting job. Riding the bench behind Trevor Lawrence kills any chances he may have of that.

Dabo made a business decision for whats best for the team. Kelly B made a business decision for whats best for him and his family, because that's all anyone ever has when its all said and done.

You criticize millenials for being "whiny snowflake quitters", well, I'm going to criticize YOU in this instance for your severe lack of critical thinking and the inability to put your frame of perspective in someone else's shoes.

Sep 27, 2018, 1:07 AM

I agree with your thinking but most scholarship players do not go to the NFL. That’s why you get you’re degree. He has a degree that was paid for by Clemson. Do the right thing. If someone told him he was NFL caliber, they should have kept there mouth closed.

Nt

Sep 27, 2018, 1:27 AM

Nt

Message was edited by: TheRock®

Sep 27, 2018, 1:27 AM [ in reply to Re: A SLAP IN THE FACE??? REALLY KB? ]

And I do hope he gets everything he wishes. Best of luck K.B. Thanks for everything.

Sep 27, 2018, 1:18 AM [ in reply to Re: A SLAP IN THE FACE??? REALLY KB? ]

I think most fans understand, if not agree with, Kelly's decision to transfer. What I think people are more upset about is the way he handled the situation (making comments about not being given a fair shot and calling it a slap in the face). Also, by choosing to quit the team now he is unnecessarily closing doors that could have been a help to him moving forward. He still could have remained with the team throughout the rest of the season and transferred once it was over. It seems as though he is choosing to act out of anger rather than making a business decision for what's best for him and his family. Wish him the best of luck and hope he does not look back and regret his decisions later on.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 2:17 AM [ in reply to Re: A SLAP IN THE FACE??? REALLY KB? ]

Nice article but the point is NOT that he made a decision to his benefit. The original point was that he has seemingly acted supremely childish and ungrateful. It would be hard to argue against his decision for the very reasons you stated (even though the glaring reality is that he is not an NFL QB). But it’s not hard to argue how he went about it.

Sep 27, 2018, 2:53 AM [ in reply to Re: A SLAP IN THE FACE??? REALLY KB? ]

How could anyone call it a controversial competition? Haven'T heard this.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:49 PM

I wish him all the best and hope this situation helps him mature. He's got a few more rude awakenings coming his way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 12:56 PM

Reality folks. Kelly transferred from a small high school to Wren where he could play in an offense similar to Clemson in preparation for a stellar college career that would lead into the NFL. Reality vs dreams are tough to take. Can’t fault him for chasing what he set-out to accomplish for such a long time. There is not a back-up plan.

Sep 27, 2018, 1:15 AM

It’s called a degree. Go to work like the rest of us.

That's what I did!***

Sep 27, 2018, 2:39 AM

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic