Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well boys...this I'd Ple Dpudxs best duck on the hit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Well boys...this I'd Ple Dpudxs best duck on the hit

Jul 11, 2019, 1:49 PM

Post on the cockpit of my 28 foot Tracket
...where sm o today...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well boys...this I'd Ple Dpudxs best duck on the hit

Jul 11, 2019, 1:54 PM

Good call on 105.5 a few minutes ago. You said exactly what I was thinking after William whined, I mean called. Good luck on the Wando.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you have heard William over the past year

Jul 12, 2019, 8:28 AM

Or two....well...I had heard about all I could stomach...

It was a good call

Jul 12, 2019, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Well boys...this I'd Ple Dpudxs best duck on the hit ]

I know I'm a day late, but I did hear your call to Qualk.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Well boys...this I'd Ple Dpudxs best duck on the hit

Jul 11, 2019, 1:57 PM

I heard you, also. Good work!

Is this in some kind of code?***

Jul 11, 2019, 2:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is this in some kind of code?***

Jul 11, 2019, 2:22 PM

Yes - Spud ... was wondering if you are with LBB. ... and both already deep into the rum ?!? lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I was typing that just after launching my boat on the Wando

Jul 12, 2019, 8:16 AM

...at 61 I still get excited about going after big fish on topwater...

Right? Maybe Spud was hitting the suds more than the fish

Jul 11, 2019, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Is this in some kind of code?*** ]

were hitting his plugs!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A couple of years ago on the Wando, MBTC noticed a guy

Jul 12, 2019, 8:34 AM

that kept trolling by with a rod hangning off each side of the boat. They were bent over pretty good and after seeing him several times, he went over to ask him how many he had caught.The guy pulled up the rods, and he only had about 2 feet of line in the water with a 5 ounce weight on it. NO HOOKS,NO NOTHING BUT THE WEIGHTS. He said,"I don't want to catch anything. I just come out here and troll around a few hours so I can drink my beer in peace". True story.

Spud...

Jul 11, 2019, 8:59 PM

1) Smile for me.
2) What is your first name?
3) What day is it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Spud...

Jul 11, 2019, 9:16 PM

Hey - yes Francis .... I thought Spud posted early this year that he was going to start going by Fred ... or Frederic ... or something ..,, ?!? Did I just imagine that ?? -:D. BTW ..,, I think you should start going by Frank Marion ... has such a nice solid distinctive ring to it ... DYT ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Yeah, some lame brain changed the real estate laws where you

Jul 12, 2019, 8:38 AM

have to go by your FIRST name on all your stuff......Amazingly, LAWYERS DON"T HAVE TO DO THAT.They say is because of all the "Teams" in real estate and people need to be able to find you in the LLR registry if they want to file a complaint. I recommended an easy fix and common sense fix:MAKE IT MANDATORY TO POST YOUR REAL ESTATE LICENSE NUMBER on all ads and signs. But as a close friend often says,"Common sense ain't all that common".

Re: Well boys...this is Ole Spud's best suck in the gut

Jul 11, 2019, 9:35 PM

pic. ( I was mimicking Tigerdug.....) but I cannot type worth a plug nickle on my phone...Only caught 2 decent trout today. Trolling motor batteries DID NOT CHARGE the other night after hitting Goose Creek Reservoir...It sucked. Crank up the big motor, drift 50 yards...and crank up the big motor again....ALL DAY LONG>>>> And on top of that, the only big spottail that hit, crushed a DOA imitation of a spook and you just cannot get a hook set on those plugs. I have 8 of them that are free to the first person that wants'em....

I am gonna call Finebaum tomorrow and see if he can help me come up with some excuses.... Either him or William....

Spud

Spud, can you not try . . .

Jul 11, 2019, 10:02 PM

replacing the hooks on the D.O.A. Imitation Spooks?

It may just be cheaper to buy Heddon's product to begin with . . . just a thought . . . especially if you like the action/look of the imitation . . . evidently, the Red's like it!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It only has one huge hook. Probably a #7. The bait is a hard

Jul 11, 2019, 10:12 PM

foam rubber. Too hard. The hook goes through a slot in the bait and rests on top, like you would rig a fluke. I might be able to remove the hook and microwave the rubber for a few seconds to soften it up. the best thing about the bait is you can throw it way back in the grass.....but when you only hook about 1 out of 8...it just isn't worth all the casts you have to make....Although, a 3 foot boil in the grass is pretty exciting. For those of you on here that have never experienced it, you are missing out...However, today was not the day you would have wanted to be with me....fishing like I did without a trolling motor SUCKED. Kinda like Bama football without a kicker......Bwahahahaaaa

The highlight of my day today was calling in to Qwalk's show and roasting all the excuse makers for the past few months....

Here is a video....

Jul 11, 2019, 10:13 PM

https://youtu.be/c5E0mJfPsVQ

I cannot imagine why he would use that lure in that open

Jul 11, 2019, 10:18 PM

water...and as you can see, the fish blew up on it and MISSED IT>

Not at all what I was imagining . . .

Jul 12, 2019, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Here is a video.... ]

But I can easily relate to the hook-setting issues you are facing!!!

Would a 4-5" white, paddle-tailed swim bait, unweighted, rigged weedless, give you enough motion to draw the strikes in the grass? It's at least a soft bodied bait that's much easier to get a hook-set.

I'm sure the batteries are charging as I type . . . Have a better day today Spud!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It might...but when that spook stops and sits over their

Jul 12, 2019, 8:03 AM

heads....those spottails cannot stand it..I actually took a Kermit the Frog and painted it my special color but the paint just would not dry on that rubbery plastic and it got discolored. I am going to try and find something like that which is shaped like a spook and is soft....

Don't speak catfish.

Jul 11, 2019, 10:16 PM

Can you translate it to black bass.

Re: Don't speak catfish.

Jul 12, 2019, 8:29 AM

I thought maybe Coach O (aka Shrimp Boat Captain) posted on the wrong Tiger Board.

Data goodindar.

Jul 12, 2019, 2:59 PM

"O"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry fellas..just peckerheads to wrap up the week..

Jul 13, 2019, 8:54 AM

Lots of blowups yesterday..but they were just not taking it . Probably missed 30 fish. 3 good ones...I mean Good Ones...Anyway...on to football season!

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic