Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Weekend rotation set
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,496

Weekend rotation set

Feb 12, 2019, 3:03 PM

Friday- Crawford
Saturday- Davis Sharpe
Sunday- Justin Wrobleski

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Weekend rotation set

Feb 12, 2019, 6:01 PM

It feels weird not seeing Jacob penciled in as the Friday night starter but with him in the bullpen, we’ll have some serious depth. It’ll also be nice knowing that we have a guy that can give us 4-6 innings out of the bullpen if a starter struggles. Can’t wait! Let’s go to Omaha!!! Go Tigers!!!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 6:09 PM

We’re going to need some serious improvement from Travis Marr, Owen Griffith, and Sam Weatherly or the relief pitching will be suspect. I’ve seen lots of talk about our bullpen being good. I must be missing something because we don’t have many “proven” arms

Feb 12, 2019, 6:26 PM

We'll have two studs in Jacob Hennessy and Carson Spiers. Holt Jones has a cannon for an arm. Owen Griffith has great stuff but was inconsistent. However, after the off-season, I expect him to be much more accuratet. If Sam Hall and Travis Marr continue to develop like they are, we should have one of the better bullpens in the nation.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 8:55 PM

If Hennessy and Spiers are bullpen guys, who starts midweek?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 8:57 PM

Holt Jones and/or Sam Weatherly

Feb 12, 2019, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Weekend rotation set ]

I'm really surprised that they are not Sat and Sun starters. The other 2 must have stepped up big time in practice.

Feb 12, 2019, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Weekend rotation set ]

that is why they practice and get a year older and stronger. plus there are other guys that have joined the staff. maybe you could just wait one whole game before you jump off the cliff

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 9:03 PM

No cliff jumping here. And I won’t be after “one whole game” either when we play 56+. It won’t be easy replacing Gilliam and Miller.

Feb 14, 2019, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Weekend rotation set ]

deroberts said:

that is why they practice and get a year older and stronger. plus there are other guys that have joined the staff. maybe you could just wait one whole game before you jump off the cliff

I must have missed it but when did you find the time to hit the button and go all non caps now! CRAZY!

Feb 14, 2019, 8:40 AM

That's why they scrimmage in the fall. Spiers is the real deal. Hennessy is rock solid as well. The rotation will be fluid, i'd bet you a hundy on that.

I think there are more arms this year in pen that can get outs short of the two back end guys. This is a growth year for ML and the program, most are his guys and while i hear the internal leadership is off the charts wins and a regional host spot and victory is what the fans will judge him by, not building character and having projectible guys on the roster. Go Tigers!!

Feb 14, 2019, 11:58 AM

Which is right. He should only be judged for his postseason performances.

Feb 14, 2019, 2:40 PM

One night I had a little bit more fun then I usually do and I went on a Clemson baseball 2019 break down of the roster and from my zero watching practice just going off of interviews and scouting reports and from watching seasons past this is what I came up with as far as pitching.

Starters
Crawford
Strider
Henny

Obviously that’s not happening so it’s

Crawford
Sharpe
Wro

Then I was thinking Weatherly & Jones as weekday starters with a splattering of Clark & Marr here and there

Now onto the weekend bullpen I was thinking it was something like this

Henny- 1st out
Clark -set up?
Spiers -Closer/Stopper
Weatherly
Askew -set up?
OG
Jones
Marr
Lamb?
Lindley?
Hawkins?
Huggins?

Just me thinking out loud.

Feb 14, 2019, 6:51 PM

Spiers should be the Closer. Not a Fireman. That whole Fireman thing is what burned Ryley out in 2017. It was like no on else was given the chance to get a tough out. I get it, it about the wins baby but if he was fresher i think we had a better chance in that regional. Heck, i think our starters ran outta gas last year and the pressure on the BP mounted along with the innings. Maybe this year, ML harnesses that and gets more from his frontline guys. I hope so. Having Henny in the pen is invaluable but i see him eventually taking a weekend spot. I would love to see this team take the next step, Lord knows we couldn't do it over the last 3 years. I hope to get up that way for games and the Cheap Seats and drink so coldies and see old friends but will be watching online and wherever they're on and pulling for the boys in the Clemson Cut pants. #ClemsonFamily

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,496
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic