Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson vs. Texas A&M prediction: Tigers and Aggies tangle in Death Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,440

TNET: Clemson vs. Texas A&M prediction: Tigers and Aggies tangle in Death Valley

Sep 6, 2019, 1:30 PM

Clemson vs. Texas A&M prediction: Tigers and Aggies tangle in Death Valley

Clemson vs. Texas A&M. A hot and steamy Death Valley. A sold-out crowd. A national television audience. A rematch. ACC vs. SEC. Two great quarterbacks. Two National Championship coaches. Two programs with military history. A matchup of Top 12 teams. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talent vs Conditioning

Sep 6, 2019, 1:57 PM

I think the big factor tomorrow will be conditioning. It's going to be HOT out there. Both teams are very talented and only on their 2nd game, so there are still a lot of questions that don't have definite answers (Ga Tech and Texas St or whatever weren't the kind of games that bring out the most in a team).

I see it being like when DW4 was quarterback - lots of running plays and loads of offensive snaps to wear down the A&M D with the occasional shot downfield to keep them honest.

Shoot, I don't really care how we do it or what happens as long as we come out with an emphatic W!

Re: Talent vs Conditioning

Sep 6, 2019, 4:57 PM

It's hot in Texas too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Talent vs Conditioning

Sep 6, 2019, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Talent vs Conditioning ]

Wearing them down sounds good, but when you have a passing QB, no matter how good they are, they still have to find their rhythm for every game they play. So hopefully there will be run/pass plays evenly mixed in there so when needed, TL can hang them out to wonder how did he do that.

Fans say a lot of stuff when a game isn't going the way they expect it to go, but it is my belief that the game went last week exactly the way our coaches wanted it to go. I personally don't think that it was meant for Trevor or our receivers to show anything of what they are capable of. Showing what you have when it's not necessary, is giving your next week opponents film study that they shouldn't have had when you can win without showing it. The only thing that Trevor showed last week was that he can hall A S S if he has to, and that was bc Trevor didn't want anybody scoring from a mistake that he made. But I think that helped him more than it hurt him bc, he did stop that pick from scoring, and it really earned him a lot of respect from his defensive team mates, and they have said as much without actually saying it. That will be a good thing down the road if they really have to face adversity!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson vs. Texas A&M prediction: Tigers and Aggies tangle in Death Valley

Sep 6, 2019, 2:04 PM

Given what this year's DL makeup is, last week's GT game gave BV alot of fodder for working against Mond on the ground game. That GT QB and his main RB ripped many good runs off against the Tiger DL until a few adjustments shut them down. When GT finally got the ball aired out it was mainly against the non-starters and 3rd stringers. So I think the big bugaboo this week is the secondary coverage to keep Mond having to make the decision to do a QB option vs airing it out. If the Tigers secondary shuts down the air game expect the score to be more lopsided than this prediction. Personally though I think A&M a good team and definitely better than GT was last week, I believe they'll manage maybe 3 good drives for scores with quite a few punts once the Tiger DL settles in for the game.

My scoring figures 48-21 Tigers or worse if our boys come with their shoes tied and their determination set. If some of the youngsters get nervous and cause more of those penalties the game might be a bit closer, but I severely doubt Dabo will choose to take out the starters early this week so the game is going to be quite different than what we saw against GT.

Re: TNET: Clemson vs. Texas A&M prediction: Tigers and Aggies tangle in Death Valley

Sep 6, 2019, 2:57 PM

;)

Weak!

Sep 6, 2019, 3:52 PM

This offense will be better than last year's offense. If we smacked Bama down by 28 (and it easily could've been 35), we'll beat A&M by 30+. Y'all just watch. Elko is going to have to pick his poison. All-American QB or All-American RB. Pick one to try to stop.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Weak!

Sep 6, 2019, 4:02 PM

I think you have to factor the weaker Clemson defense. This could be a high score but close game

This defense is not weaker than our defense was week 2

Sep 6, 2019, 5:02 PM

last year. Our offense is a whole lot better than week 2 last year. A&Ms defense lost more than we did. Remember, our back ups played way more than anyone else's back-ups last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

38-17***

Sep 6, 2019, 8:26 PM

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,440
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic