Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can we hire the Duke or Wofford hitting coach?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,734

Can we hire the Duke or Wofford hitting coach?

Apr 23, 2019, 10:01 PM

I’m really not being facetious. Both teams have done a good job at going with the pitch our pitching gave them.

Sharpe looked so good at the plate the first couple months and now it seems he’s picked up bad habits. Baffling.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can we hire the Duke or Wofford hitting coach?

Apr 23, 2019, 10:04 PM

I was impressed at how scrappy and well coached Duke was. They lost a ton off a good team last year and are playing good ball at the right time

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The sky has fallen?

Apr 23, 2019, 10:08 PM

But you're right... we need to hit with a better average, or we won't go very far in the postseason.

We took Duke's pitching coach a couple years ago.

Apr 23, 2019, 10:11 PM

Be careful what you ask for.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We took Duke's pitching coach a couple years ago.

Apr 23, 2019, 10:23 PM

Obviously they replaced him with a better one then. Idk. But I do know what radio has said all year long and they joke about Clemson losing too many balls in batting practice because they’re hit so hard.

That tells me we’re either pitching bp wrong or our guys are freezing up at the plate.

I don’t watch any of the games, just radio. Wish I could go and sit behind home. We seem to hit a lot of pop ups and weak ground balls right into the shift. That’s when we’re not striking out. Not sure why Monte keeps saying in his pressers that we have good ab’s.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

K-too . . .

Apr 23, 2019, 10:42 PM

Download this app on your iPad . . . I watch almost all of our games here!!!

No reason not to see our Tigers play!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: K-too . . .

Apr 23, 2019, 11:44 PM

Thank you. I really appreciate it. I remember back in the 60’s listening to the Braves games on radio. Had to string tin foil out the window because it was only AM. It was so much fun. Idk what it is but I just love listening to it on the radio.

What I really want to do is get my health in order and finances so I can quit working and go to the games next year.

Just so frustrated and I ache for the youngsters on the field. I know they’re trying as hard as they can. Reality setting in when we have to use Wilkie as our DH. If we’d played like this all year, I could swallow that... we definitely need a healthy team.

K-too . . .

Apr 24, 2019, 12:22 AM

You’ve been added to my prayer list. I trust you’ll be fit and ready for ball next spring!!!

The iPad viewing is pretty good. Only occasionally do I listen to the broadcasters. I really don’t need sound to enjoy a baseball game.

My heart aches for these guys. They been winners their entire life. You know they’ve been the best on their past teams. You know this isn’t what they are accustomed to doing.

The good teams are always “player led”, “player driven”. We are lacking someone on this team to step up and lead, to take the reigns and say, “###### guys, follow me . . . We will not lose this game!!!”

I thought Logan was that guy . . . but his avg has fallen off ~30-40 points. Sam could be the guy, but he looked lost, as if he didn’t want to be there tonight. Wilkie should be able to.

While Monte and I don’t agree on all things baseball, I still believe he is the man for this job. He is well respected by every high school coach in the State. The kids seem to enjoy him.

Maybe this weekend we’ll get a few bodies back and it will give us the spark needed . . . but some PLAYER HAS TO TAKE THE REIGNS!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry K-too . . . Forgot to attach

Apr 23, 2019, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: We took Duke's pitching coach a couple years ago. ]
IMG_1031.PNG(121.8 K)

Watch ESPN app

They need to stop swining for the fences.

Apr 23, 2019, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Re: We took Duke's pitching coach a couple years ago. ]

And why does no one choke up anymore?

And swinging :)***

Apr 23, 2019, 10:59 PM

Apr 23, 2019, 10:39 PM

Could be a good thing - kerigantoo ..,,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Who are you going to fire?

Apr 24, 2019, 12:30 AM

You can only have three paid coaches in college ball.

We have a few volunteer assistants (unpaid labor) who must teach school, or run baseball clinics or something to support themselves or their family.

And don’t get me started on 11.75 Scholarships for a 30-35 member squad. Baseball is treated like a red-haired stepchild by the NCAA!!!

Apr 24, 2019, 4:30 AM

We don't need a stinking hitting coach, we need better pitching and better hitting and a new defense!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Apr 24, 2019, 7:44 AM

We don't need a stinking hitting coach, we need better pitching and better hitting and a new defense!

Agree. The Tiger pitchers can't continue to give 8 or 9 runs a game and expect to win. Injuries and young arms haven't helped. The young arms (all the young players) are now feeling the grind of a NCAA baseball schedule.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2019, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Can we hire the Duke or Wofford hitting coach? ]

I know. We’ll get there. As Skeeta points out, it’s a darn shame the ncaa shot down the coaches request to hire another full paid coach. It’s tough on them because unlike b-ball and football, there’s not a lot of support they get for what they have to do.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,734
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic