Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Nick Saban explains his team losing the 'Alabama factor' in loss to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 97
| visibility 1

TNET: Nick Saban explains his team losing the 'Alabama factor' in loss to Clemson

Feb 8, 2019, 9:21 AM

Nick Saban explains his team losing the 'Alabama factor' in loss to Clemson

Alabama players and national media are still dumbfounded how Clemson won 44-16 over the Crimson Tide in the latest College Football Playoff National Championshi Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Nick Saban explains his team losing the 'Alabama factor' in loss to Clemson

Feb 8, 2019, 9:27 AM

Hmmmmmmmmm...

Go Tigers!!!

Soooooo ....,

Feb 8, 2019, 9:28 AM

...add one more excuse to the already exceedingly long list of excuses Nick!! Took him a month to think up that one ....??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: Soooooo ....,

Feb 8, 2019, 10:17 AM

Somebody could write a book with all of the excuses in it. The title could be: "No Matter How You Crap It, It's The Same Old Bull____".

Feb 8, 2019, 11:10 AM

It is so amusing to hear and respond to Alabama fans and their multitude of excuse. Every-time they state a reason they back themselves in to a corner.

Our O line was dominating we should have run more...but you couldn't punch it from 1st and goal, isn't that the most important part of running the ball, actually crossing into the endzone? :)

We didn't show up? but you guys were actually playing physical and scoring in the first quarter. How do you not show up for the second quarter?

Clemson had better athletes. So you haven't had the number one recruiting class 6 of the last 8 years?

and on and on and on, absolutely amusing

Feb 8, 2019, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Soooooo ...., ]

Or We got the snot kicked out of us .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2019, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Soooooo ...., ]

Yet on the same board, same day, Dabo talks about the "totality" of Clemson and the "culture" of Clemson and is cheered on. For saying the same thing as Saban differently. I wouldn't argue with Saban because that certainly wasn't the Alabama the playoffs have come to know, and a lot of the reason was that this time they played a team that wasn't scared, and admit it or not, Alabama scares people. The credit goes to Clemson, but Saban ain't all wrong unless one is willing to say Dabo is wrong on his culture view. And keep in mind some on this board were after his head when he started Lawrence ahead of Bryant and Bryant quit the team, claiming he just cost Clemson the national championship. And of course they were out-coached, in the run-up and in the game itself.

Feb 8, 2019, 6:59 PM

Dabo’s cup is half full - while Nick’s cup is half empty. Go Tigers!

Feb 8, 2019, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Soooooo ...., ]

Dabo’s cup is half full - while Nick’s cup is half empty. Go Tigers!

Feb 8, 2019, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Soooooo ...., ]

OK. “Culture” aside, the reason you play the game to find out who has the better team. Alabama was better the first year, Clemson the next. Alabama last year & Clemson was better this year, BY A LOT. I don’t understand what there is to explain. Maybe we could just skip the game and see who can ‘splain the best. Naw that won’t work. Alabama might ‘splain better this year, Clemson the next. Maybe even Notre Dame might get to do some ‘splaining.

Feb 21, 2019, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Soooooo ...., ]

Bottom line. We were better. No question. Better players. Better coach. This year. Period.

Re: TNET: Nick Saban explains his team losing the 'Alabama factor' in loss to Clemson

Feb 8, 2019, 9:29 AM

What he is saying may be true but that was not the reason they lost. There is only one way to respond to all these lame excuses - beat them again and again.

Feb 8, 2019, 9:32 AM

Bring it on! It will just give us that underdog material. We beat the living SNOT out of the bully and still don't get their respect!! See you next year if you make it!!

I need some waders...

Feb 8, 2019, 9:31 AM

Lots of elephant dung

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^New phone, who dis?***

Feb 8, 2019, 9:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

dang man!! Where have you been?***

Feb 8, 2019, 11:05 AM [ in reply to I need some waders... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes - where have you been franc? ....

Feb 9, 2019, 1:54 AM [ in reply to I need some waders... ]

..., Haven’t seen you Tnettin’ in a while... -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Sounds like Nikki is getting tired.

Feb 8, 2019, 9:31 AM

Too much turnover, too much turmoil, too much work. He's built a gigantic turn-style revolving door and now he's reaping the consequences of it. I can't remember this much sustained internal disruption at a major program since Bobby Bowden's final years. Who can weather new coordinators every single year after year after year? I am reminded of of something i think Terry Allen said right after Dabo got here, when someone asked him the difference between him and Ford. He said "Ford always expected you to do the right thing...Dabo makes sure you do the right thing." Nikki just lost his grip on "the process" for whatever reason, and we humiliated him as result. He should take solace...Dabo could have made it much, much worse.

Feb 8, 2019, 9:34 AM

Hey Nick!....pretty sure that describes "The Clemson Factor".
Bama was outplayed and out coached. 11 players for each team at the NFL Combine.....just sayin

Feb 8, 2019, 9:45 AM

That's true ....except the "Clemson factor" is real!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tool.***

Feb 8, 2019, 9:36 AM

Tiny little salty man***

Feb 8, 2019, 9:37 AM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Very unseemly for a leader to nudge everyone under the bus

Feb 8, 2019, 9:38 AM

by saying "well, some people put themselves first" blah blah blah. Whether it's true or not, YOUR answer should be "I didn't have my team prepared, and we got beat by a better squad. Period" All that other stuff you handle internally. Poor leadership.

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT, IT'S THE PLAYER'S FAULT!"

Feb 8, 2019, 9:43 AM

That classless sunofabeech! It's not just denial that Clemson beat their butts three ways from Sunday he's saying it's all because the players screwed up. No mention of the fact that our guys are better than his guys.

Either the game has passed that old man by or he has been nibbling on the rat poison. It's most likely a combination of both and I've lost the little bit of respect I had left for him.

That's the most classless, tasteless and cheap BS chit I've ever heard of.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "IT'S NOT MY FAULT, IT'S THE PLAYER'S FAULT!"

Feb 8, 2019, 12:11 PM

He just threw his players under the ROY bus.

Feb 13, 2019, 8:46 PM

Well, There was room on the ROY bus bc Dabo and his team no longer needed our seats on the ROY bus bc we are riding the WIN bus!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2019, 12:16 PM [ in reply to "IT'S NOT MY FAULT, IT'S THE PLAYER'S FAULT!" ]

He just threw his players under the ROY bus

I think what Alabama coaches and players are failing to

Feb 8, 2019, 9:44 AM

realize is that, for years, teams could beat Alabama but they had to have a perfect game plan and execute it to perfection. If a team made a couple mistakes, Bama would make them pay for it and just do Bama things. Their opponent would then start pressing and getting away from their game plan.

That's Clemson now. We can be beaten with a perfect game plan - Pitt in '16, Cuse in '17, Bama in '17, but your plan has to be perfect, you have to stick with your plan and you better not make any mistakes or you will absolutely pay for it. Tua's INTs and that atrocious fake FG were more than enough for Clemson to step on their throats. The WR group we put on the field was too much for them to contain...oh and it helps to have a freshman phenom dropping dimes at QB.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Clemson has the better program.***

Feb 8, 2019, 10:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How so? Looking at this objectively, Clemson has an

Feb 8, 2019, 10:37 AM

advantage with coaching stability and returning the same coaching staff year after year. We've seen that pay dividends with recruits like Justyn Ross. At the same time, Bama keeps bringing in #1 recruiting classes, they've made the CFP all 5 years, won 2 national championships in the playoff era that included two wins over Clemson and they are coming off an SEC championship.

Clemson has a family and Bama has a process. Some kids favor 1 approach, some kids favor the other approach. If I was a high school recruit I would definitely favor Clemson over Bama, but that's because I think Saban is a first class a-whole.

Even after winning 44-16 I don't think Clemson has the better program. I think over the last 4 years we have proved that we are Bama's only equal, or that Bama is our only equal. Clemson and Bama have different programs, but I don't think we can unequivocally say Clemson has the better program. That being said, if we finish ahead of Bama the next 2 years, I'm on board with saying we have the better program.

Thanks for not hitting me with my own purse.

Feb 8, 2019, 10:43 AM

I'm just keeping the company line.

https://www.tigernet.com/story/Streeter-says-Clemson-not-Alabama-is-the-best-program-in-the-country-17668

So...your answer is "because our QB coach said so?"***

Feb 8, 2019, 10:52 AM

No, honey.

Feb 8, 2019, 12:26 PM

I say it because of the gifted abilities of our coaches to find, recruit and teach players who become part of our family. I just linked Brandon's statements to support my opinion.

Neither he, none of our other coaches or any one of our players would treat a girl like you treat me and the rest of your babymamas.

Re: How so? Looking at this objectively, Clemson has an

Feb 8, 2019, 10:55 AM [ in reply to How so? Looking at this objectively, Clemson has an ]

I disagree for this year. The Tigers undeniably had the better program this year. You don't beat the #3 and #1 CFP teams by 4 TDS and go undefeated the entire year and not be convincingly the best team. And by team, I include coaches as well. Saban is too proud to say that publicly, imo. I would of been more impressed if he had.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not only did we have the best team this year, we

Feb 8, 2019, 11:01 AM

arguably had the best team in the history of college football this year.

I'm just not ready to say our program is better than Bama's yet. I think we're equals, both tied for first even though the two programs are radically different.

Will you believe we are the better program after...

Feb 8, 2019, 12:30 PM

we win two more national championships in a row and Bama fails to make the playoff for the next two years? I make this prediction with full confidence that Saban's day has passed.

Yes, if that happens I will believe it 110%***

Feb 8, 2019, 12:45 PM

I said program, not team.

Feb 8, 2019, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: How so? Looking at this objectively, Clemson has an ]

Of course everyone knows this team was better than Bama's. I think we'll be better than Bama until at least after Dabo retires.

Re: How so? Looking at this objectively, Clemson has an

Feb 8, 2019, 12:02 PM [ in reply to How so? Looking at this objectively, Clemson has an ]

You can have the #1 player at every position, but if they play for themselves, then they are not a team. Dabo recruits not just great players, but great Team players. Football is a team sport. If Saban's players were playing for themselves, it is because Saban recruited the wrong players, no matter how good they are.

K***

Feb 8, 2019, 12:22 PM

I agree with everything you are saying, but the perfect game

Feb 8, 2019, 1:11 PM [ in reply to I think what Alabama coaches and players are failing to ]

plan in 17 appeared to involve a team with a pulse forcing us to throw the ball, we know what caused that anomaly, and I look forward to it being the outlier for years to come

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2019, 9:46 AM

AL is #1 at two two things, recruiting and making excuses. They AL factor Nick speaks of is normally using his #1 recruiting caliber talent to just simply out athlete everyone they play. However, when faced with similar or superior talent they don’t have the coaching ability to outscheme their opponent. Nicky is a smart guy and he knows this, he just won’t admit it. His play calling in the Natty proved it. When he attempted the first 4th down conversion early in the game deep on their side of the field, you immediately new he was desperate. It was the play call of a coach that knew he had to pull a rabbit out of the hat to win and it continued throughout the game. Little Nicky knew he was beat before he stepped on the field.

Feb 21, 2019, 8:07 PM

I would say the thing about the first Natty game as well. The difference is that the onside kick worked. If that kick had not worked, we would have 4 national championships at this point!

Well if the "Alabama factor" = "swag" then yes, they lost it

Feb 8, 2019, 9:52 AM

because our guys took it away from them - they didn't know what hit them and Saban knew he was in for a long night from the 2nd quarter on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well if the "Alabama factor" = "swag" then yes, they lost it

Feb 8, 2019, 9:55 AM

He forgot to mention that they also get favorable calls from the referees and broader spotting of the ball on third down plays.

Re: Well if the "Alabama factor" = "swag" then yes, they lost it

Feb 8, 2019, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Well if the "Alabama factor" = "swag" then yes, they lost it ]

Bama was playing against the best QB in college football and the best to ever play at Clemson. Add to that the best wide receiver group in the country, an offensive line that prevented their vaunted defense from recording a single sack, and an RB that is quickly being recognized as one the premier backs in the country. Add to that the return of four premier defensive-front guys who would have gone very high up in the NFl draft had they not chosen to return to Clemson to take care of unfinished business. We'll have our big-time QB back this season as well as our top receivers. On the LOS I'm not sure. That will be the make or break. Alabama is a factory,and I'm just not sure we are really at their level as yet. Plus we are a much tougher school to navigate academically. As for the "unrated" lineman we recruited, I think we'll redshirt him, and Batson will turn him into a beast.

Dabo needs to get full credit for strategic genius.

Feb 8, 2019, 10:00 AM

Granted he's an incredible recruiter, but he struck out on his own path instead of following the crowd. For a decade, everyone in the SEC tried to beat Bama by being a better version OF Bama. And no one has done it yet. Dabo said you play your white chess game, and we will play our black game. Black will never win if they play white's game, but they can win if they play black's game.

I still feel like the scariest moment in Saban's career was that 2015 NC. Although he won, he saw the future and he wasn't it. He had never dealt with a passing game like ours, and to Dabo's credit, Saban tried to emulate us by recruiting Tua. But just like we won't beat Bama at their game, he won't beat Dabo at Dabo's game. And Dabo's game is BETTER than Saban's game. Nikki's time is OVER. As Agent Smith said...This time is our time.

I believe Saban saw the future when he faced Manziel.

Feb 8, 2019, 10:10 AM

Knowing the game was changing Saban hired Kiffen. Before Kiffen could hand him a finished product Saban ran him off. Coaches leave that program not because Saban pushes them but because of the direction he pushes. He overwhelms them and stifles their creativity with micromanagement.

Dabo and Chad had the same experience.

Well, Manziel did NOT get him ready for Trevor, 2 completely

Feb 8, 2019, 2:58 PM

different type of QB's

Re: Dabo needs to get full credit for strategic genius.

Feb 8, 2019, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Dabo needs to get full credit for strategic genius. ]

I wouldn't say Saban's time is over yet. Maybe his time as being the clear #1 without question is over, but they're still going to be a huge factor in whoever wins the NC for at least the next few years.

Re: Dabo needs to get full credit for strategic genius.

Feb 8, 2019, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Dabo needs to get full credit for strategic genius. ]

I think you have it there. I see a gradual decline there despite the talent that is stockpiled. 3 to 5 years he is gone. Maybe 1 more NC and 2 or 3 CFPs in next 5 years. We have set the template for Fla and LSU. Ga too stubborn to follow it. Auburn will get them within a couple years again. A&M very possibly if Jimbo goes away from pro style. The end is near.

Throwing players under the bus

Feb 8, 2019, 10:02 AM

..is never a winning strategy, Nick.

"The Alabama Factor"....really? What does that consist of exactly? Beating up on teams like the Citadel? Or, maybe it's winning "epic" SEC Championships against hapless Head Coaches like Kirby Smart?

Give me a break, I've lost all respect.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see anything wrong with what he said***

Feb 8, 2019, 10:11 AM

Re: I don't see anything wrong with what he said***

Feb 8, 2019, 12:13 PM

I heard about twenty 'uhmm..you know' in his presser.

That's someone thinking up a lie as they go along.

“We have to do a better job as coaches.” answer 30 years ago

Feb 8, 2019, 1:59 PM [ in reply to I don't see anything wrong with what he said*** ]

You almost never heard a coach blame his players in public back in the day.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nick Saban lost his own 'Alabama factor'

Feb 8, 2019, 10:19 AM

Really.... Nikki and other coaching staff pretty much are the ones who lost that 'factor'. I didn't see Bama players underplaying their positions... I did however see Nikki like a deer in the headlights!

And the other real factor as we know is the Clemson Tiger factor... doing the job, doing it well, doing it consistently and doing it to Alabama!

The Panic Factor

Feb 8, 2019, 10:37 AM

Nobody can make Saban panic like Dabo does. It worked out for Bama with on onsides kick once, but if it hadn't we would have 3 NCs in the last four years.

He went for it on fourth around his own 35 this year and got away with it, but the "fake" FG that everyone saw coming was pathetic. When he's playing against Clemson, and sees that his offense can't keep up, he hits the panic button early and often.

Bama just wasn't good enough

Feb 8, 2019, 10:42 AM

I have never seen such a bunch of weaklings--making up excuse after excuse. Be strong and accept that the better team won. You will be much more respected.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

At halftime Saban said 'Clemson ran some copycat plays...

Feb 8, 2019, 10:46 AM

that we hadn't practiced for.' That's paraphrased from memory but reflects Saban's exact thought. It also contradicts his statement about players not having the 'Bama Factor.'

He's working on his story. Maybe we'll get a good excuse out of him before UGA whips their butts in the SECCCG this fall.

I didn't watch his presser but based on this excerpt I don't see

Feb 8, 2019, 11:01 AM

where hes blaming the entire loss on this. It was one factor out of many.

I think hes right that Alabama mistakes (some forced and some unforced) and lack of discipline were absolutely a factor in this game and those aren't things that you typically see a Nick Saban team do.

It was Alabama getting the false start at the 1, Alabama losing the turnover battle by 2, Alabama getting multiple personal foul penalties, Alabama kicking the ball out of bounds.

Right now Alabama fans want to hear about something that went wrong that can be fixed. This is something that can be fixed.

He's given different explanations at different times.

Feb 8, 2019, 11:54 AM

When asked to explain, his story has evolved. Halftime he's talking about copycat play he hadn't practiced then in the post game presser he said he got out coached. I haven't heard him admit that since.

You should watch the latest video. FF through the questions about recruiting a little at a time and you won't be bored to death with the recruiting rhetoric.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Feb 8, 2019, 10:52 AM

SEC = Sorry Excuse Conference
When they win they were the better team/conference. When they lose they didn’t want to be there or weren’t prepared or whatever..

Feb 8, 2019, 11:00 AM

I said this before. Go back and watch Saban running through the tunnel onto the field before the NCG. Look at his facial expressions and body language. He already knew he was beaten.

Sounds like a leadership problem

Feb 8, 2019, 11:29 AM

Couple that with "we were missing starters" (lack of depth), "Clemson used copy cat plays" (poor prep / poor coaching), "Clemson didn't do anything special" (better play on our side), "coaching turnover" (Clemson has better chemistry) etc. etc. and you are left with the simple fact that Clemson is a better program. All of these "excuses", as many here like to call them, are really just admissions the Clemson is better in those facets of the game.

Feb 8, 2019, 11:30 AM

“You never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man.” Vince Lombardi

Coach Saban lost the war to the man in front him. The same can be said for his team and the entire Bama organization.

We need to start calling Alabama the Swimsuit Models,

Feb 8, 2019, 11:37 AM

because even if they won't admit it, everybody knows they got their a$$ WAXED!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For Bama fans, players and coaches...

Feb 8, 2019, 11:46 AM

I guess that's better than the truth.

The simple fact of the matter is, no matter how you choose to spin it in some weak, sad, pathetic, and desperate attempt to make yourselves feel better, at the end of the day, the bottom line is, you got you a$$es handed to you by a better team PERIOD, and no amoung of mindless rhetoric, b!tching, moaning whinning or complaining is going to change that but by all means, don't let that stop you from looking and sounding like a bunch of candya$$ cry babies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

it is perfectly fine with me . . .

Feb 8, 2019, 11:57 AM

if we shove that "bama factor" up that fat disingenuous pachyderm a$$ next year . . . AGAIN!!!!!!!

The king of the mighty SEC was thoroughly beaten and sadly reverted to coot-like behavior with their reasoning.
As long as they make excuses and fail to acknowledge being dominated, we will continue to pound them.

I hope they whine all Spring and Summer . . . we will meet them again . . . if their attitude remains coot-like, the outcome will be eerily similar . . . and the process will continue.

Relish their plight!!! Embrace our standing!!! It's a Great Day to be a Tiger!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2019, 12:02 PM

Here's the mighty Tide now ... having turned and receded .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Buggs definitely threw in the towel in the 4th***

Feb 8, 2019, 12:13 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Buggs definitely threw in the towel in the 4th***

Feb 8, 2019, 12:41 PM

Absolutely he wouldn’t even run to try to tackle, it was more like a slow trot in the general direction

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Conditioning... They try to out-muscle everybody early...

Feb 8, 2019, 3:34 PM

When it doesn't work, they're gassed and have no options....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama excuse factorY.***

Feb 8, 2019, 12:45 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I think he meant to say...

Feb 8, 2019, 12:46 PM

Our QB got outplayed by a true freshman QB

Our DBs couldn't cover their WRs

We got pushed around at the lines of scrimmage in the 2nd half

Hunter Renfrow was on the field

Feb 8, 2019, 1:50 PM

Yea, they lost it a few minutes into the second qtr.

Nicky, you didn't lose your "" Bama" factor.

Feb 8, 2019, 1:54 PM

The Tigers TOOK it from you.

Feb 8, 2019, 2:02 PM

So, after reading Nick Saban's explanation what the 'Alabama Factor' is, it seems one could substitute the word 'arrogance' for Alabama and not change the meaning.

Different day... Another Excuse...

Feb 8, 2019, 2:36 PM

Wash, Rinse, Repeat....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2019, 2:52 PM

They lost the Bama factor - they ran into a team that isn’t intimidated by them.

FIRST DOWN ON 4 WITH 49 SECONDS LEFT, AFTER THAT

Feb 8, 2019, 2:56 PM

10.5 minute 87 YD. DRIVE was proof in the pudding! Next time just go ahead and add on Tigers! I wish that drive would beon YouTube like the game -winning drive in 2016.

1 to the 5... 94 yards and an absolute statement...***

Feb 8, 2019, 3:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2019, 5:04 PM

Nicks lack of acknowledgment to me shows that his standard and his drive are shrinking, this is a real sign of the end of his run! For Alabama to have the run they have had in recruiting verses where we have been, which hasn’t been bad, truly shows the strength of the Clemson coaching staff and there ability to develop players! Matter of time before we consistently outperform, our recruit them and they fade with their next coach failing! IT WILL HAPPEN!!! ??????????????

Everybody is intimidated by Alabama and Clemson is NOT!

Feb 8, 2019, 5:12 PM

Thats the Alabama factor. Intimidation. Opponents do not believe they can win because the numbers say they cant. At CLEMSON we believe in each other and our ability to overcome all odds. If GOD is with us who can stand against us? Go Tigers!

Sounds like he is mentally fatigued.***

Feb 8, 2019, 6:07 PM

Feb 8, 2019, 6:33 PM

This has reached epic levels of ridiculousness!! I’ve never liked Alabama, since I was a kid and my irish immigrant Pop pop would mumble about Bear Bryant and how he was sure he cheated to the present day. They may have great teams but Alabama players aren’t always going to be guys you invite to Sunday dinner. Not all of course, but can you imagine one of our players screaming “F Trump” in front of cameras and a live studio audience before the title game?? Can you imagine our coach not responding with an apology? That being said, even with the nonsense that goes on with some of their players, I’ve always respected Saban. If my son were a five Star there’s no way I’d let him play for him but these poor uneducated kids that have lived in poverty their entire life see saban as their ticket to the NFL? He’s one heck of a coach but to sit there and try to save face with recruits and basically throw your players under the bus, is a disgrace. Isn’t the coach supposed to have his team ready to play? If the players didn’t play the “Alabama way” doesn’t thatbstart at the top?? He was beaten. He was thoroughly out coached. He ate the rat poison going into that game. He thought a freshman qb and a healthy tua and Clemson doesn’t stand a chance. He was beaten in every phase. Offense and defense. Special teams and coaching. It wasn’t a win with one TD (which by the way was no fluke either and I hate when people diminish that win) this was a beat down. In little league they would’ve called the mercy rule. The coach said at the half “they’re running copycat plays that were weren’t prepared for?” What? Really. You didn’t look at what other teams did to you and fix that because you didn’t think Clemson could do it. The selfish player he’s talking about I feel is tua. Tua proved one thing that night, unless Trevor get injured he will never sniff the heisman trophy! Tua is driving the ROY bus as far as QBs go. Clemson will play fornback to back titles. Don’t be surprised if Bama isn’t even there

This has reached epic levels of ridiculousness!! I’ve never liked Alabama, since I was a kid and my irish immigrant Pop pop would mumble about Bear Bryant and how he was sure he cheated to the present day. They may have great teams but Alabama players aren’t always going to be guys you invite to Sunday dinner. Not all of course, but can you imagine one of our players screaming “F Trump” in front of cameras and a live studio audience before the title game?? Can you imagine our coach not responding with an apology? That being said, even with the nonsense that goes on with some of their players, I’ve always respected Saban. If my son were a five Star there’s no way I’d let him play for him but these poor uneducated kids that have lived in poverty their entire life see saban as their ticket to the NFL? He’s one heck of a coach but to sit there and try to save face with recruits and basically throw your players under the bus, is a disgrace. Isn’t the coach supposed to have his team ready to play? If the players didn’t play the “Alabama way” doesn’t thatbstart at the top?? He was beaten. He was thoroughly out coached. He ate the rat poison going into that game. He thought a freshman qb and a healthy tua and Clemson doesn’t stand a chance. He was beaten in every phase. Offense and defense. Special teams and coaching. It wasn’t a win with one TD (which by the way was no fluke either and I hate when people diminish that win) this was a beat down. In little league they would’ve called the mercy rule. The coach said at the half “they’re running copycat plays that were weren’t prepared for?” What? Really. You didn’t look at what other teams did to you and fix that because you didn’t think Clemson could do it. The selfish player he’s talking about I feel is tua. Tua proved one thing that night, unless Trevor get injured he will never sniff the heisman trophy! Tua is driving the ROY bus as far as QBs go. Clemson will play fornback to back titles. Don’t be surprised if Bama isn’t even there

Feb 8, 2019, 7:43 PM

EXCUSES, EXCUSES,EXCUSES. YOU LOST. YOU LOST BIG TIME! THE BEST TEAM WON! YOU ARE NOT (THE TEAM) ANY LONGER. WE ARE! THE CLEMSON TIGERS ARE THE "THE TEAM" NOW. GET USED TO IT!

Feb 8, 2019, 7:47 PM

So what he's trying to say is that we didn't actually beat 'Alabama' since the team we played that day had lost the Alabama 'factor'...haha Cute.

Doc filter

Feb 9, 2019, 9:51 AM

Some of our team quit after 28-16. We fully quit, 5 minutes left in Q3 per sideline video.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

B!tch,...please. Dabo forwarding your tickets to Elba...***

Feb 9, 2019, 9:53 AM

Feb 9, 2019, 11:09 AM

Wow, this guy has no shame.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2019, 11:20 AM

I'm so glad Dabbo isnt a sore loser like Saban. Sad when a grown man cant admit when his team gets out played got to blame it on what they did wrong and not what we did right.

Feb 9, 2019, 12:10 PM

It is unusual for Saban to underestimate an opponent, but it appears he did. UGA had them on the ropes and choked. Bama jumped out on OK and held off a good comeback attempt by Kyler Murray and still won by 11. Bama was overconfident and Clemson punched them in the mouth (and kept punching them).

Or to be fair, they had the "Alabama factor" beat right out

Feb 9, 2019, 12:12 PM

of 'em. And if they bring around here next year, we're going to beat it right out of them again.

That's just how we roll... :)

Feb 10, 2019, 10:52 AM

#ClemsonFactor is what decided that game!

Feb 11, 2019, 4:41 PM

Honestly, if they want to go there I don't have a problem with it...the fact is we were the better team, and it wasn't even close. But if they want to go there...then it needs to be said (re-said) that we suffered from the same in last year's semifinal game, and that game was closer than the score showed, a few plays made the difference in the game. Not only seeing our performance in that game - we looked flat and certainly didn't come to play - but then to read comments from some of the players leading into this years CFP, it certainly all makes sense now. Players were out on Bourbon street and just not focused, some of our players that were leaving for the NFL certainly didn't come to play (and it was evident) and it showed, and we lost. People fail to bring that up when they talk about last year's semifinal game...instead they'll use terms like "Bama blew out Clemson, etc." where in reality if you watched the game, it was a few plays that made the difference, a few plays that likely would've gone our way if we had the focus and drive that was needed.

So they can say they didn't have the killer instinct this year...fine...fact is we annihilated them in every aspect this year, and last year, when our team had their heads somewhere else (ie similar scenario if you want to use their current narrative), they muscled out a win.

That said, in our 4 games against Bama, it shouldn't come as a surprise that the team that lost last, has won the following game...seems the deal between us and Bama is who is playing with more of a chip on their shoulder, ie who wants it more.

Feb 12, 2019, 7:21 AM

For goodness ake, how many more excuses? How much longer do we have to read/hear this stuff?

You lost. On the day you were outplayed by the better team and outcoached by the better coach. Deal with it, move on.

Replies: 97
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic