Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We need to run up the score on NC State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

We need to run up the score on NC State

Nov 4, 2019, 4:58 PM

because of the points Wake Forest hung on them. If we can't beat them by more than Wake did, the voters will not be impressed because they probably don't think Wake is very good even though they're ranked.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope we win by one point

Nov 4, 2019, 5:03 PM

Just so I can laugh at all the national media who will call it a loss.

Since when is a win a loss??

I wish Dabo would win 7 more games this year by one point just for fun.

Re: I hope we win by one point

Nov 4, 2019, 5:05 PM

I understand your angle there, but I’d rather win the next 7 by 10+ points. Little easier on the nerves.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David Hood started all that chit last year with his "Win

Nov 6, 2019, 9:29 AM [ in reply to I hope we win by one point ]

feels like a Loss" column. The national pundits just picked up on it, because they can't do anything original themselves. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The AP Poll will be obsolete tomorrow night.

Nov 4, 2019, 5:05 PM

Re: We need to run up the score on NC State

Nov 4, 2019, 5:20 PM

The Tigers can name the score. As a State grad and longtime season-ticket holder who has sons who graduated from both State and Clemson, the Wolfpack is just another cupcake on the Tigers' schedule this season. The program has taken a precipitous fall this season. I'll be there Saturday to witness the execution.

A big beat on NC State is always high on my wish list

Nov 4, 2019, 5:56 PM

for any season but seldom expected. I believe the return to the scene of the Laptopgate Affair will add some extra mojo to the whole crew this time around. I can see a "let's show the world how you play and destroy an opponent with class" type of pre-game going on up there Saturday.

Go Tigers. Beat the Pack!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A big beat on NC State is always high on my wish list

Nov 4, 2019, 6:04 PM

With that stupid yapping dog hand gesture, they are just asking for a beat down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It is a little nastier than you're thinking...

Nov 6, 2019, 10:21 AM

...they're trying to get something else off of their finger. Remember, you never know where someone's fingers have been.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Don’t think they’re going to have to try very hard to accomplish that

Nov 4, 2019, 6:08 PM

BV going up against freshman QB making his 2nd ever start and the rest of them are pretty banged up.

Even the State fans have written off the game as a murder.

Nov 6, 2019, 8:35 AM

Bump - as a reminder.

Now we're in the position of needing a convincing win by either 'Bama or LSU for us to climb into the group of four. We need to put up as many points as we can against State and Wake..... at least 60 on each team.

Play angry, men.... very angry.

Nov 6, 2019, 9:31 AM

We just need to win. Thats all. Score doesnt matter.

Nov 6, 2019, 10:04 AM

Correct. If the scores the Tigers have already put up didn’t get them in the Top 4, no score against the future opponents will either.

I kind of hope we go 13-0 and get left out. Win the bowl game for 29 straight and have Jostens make some rings up and fly our own banner. Think how much credibility the media and CFP will lose knowing they kept out the Tigers because Saban is scared of 44/51-16.

Nov 6, 2019, 10:00 AM

No we don't, we control our own destiny. Running up the score against bad teams don't help us, but developing depth and honing in the playbook/execution will help us in the long term. Despite the stellar performance of the starters, we could be one injury away from disaster. Think of Mackensie Alexander in 15', Julian Love (of Notre Dame last year).

Nov 6, 2019, 10:06 AM

So you're saying for Clemson not to run up the score, but teams like bama, OSU can. I think they should just to shut ESPN up. Hang as many points ad possible. Show no mercy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We only need to win by one for each game the

Nov 6, 2019, 10:11 AM

rest of the year.

Once two teams above us lose and there are at most three other undefeated P5 teams, we are fine. The undefeated conference champion defending national champion riding a 28 game winning streak who crushed their Playoff opponents last year will not be left out of the playoffs in favor of a one-loss team. Just won’t happen.

But I have full confidence in this team. They will be focused and I think they can win Saturday by multiple possessions.

null

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic