Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
-5 with the real feel of -20 today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

-5 with the real feel of -20 today

Jan 21, 2019, 8:32 AM

Wednesday we will hit 37 degrees and then it never get above 15 for 12 days.

This is when life in the North really starts sucking hard. 6 weeks of this crap ahead of us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: -5 with the real feel of -20 today

Jan 21, 2019, 8:34 AM

It seems you have a great life, BUT how did you end up in Detroit?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 8:36 AM

wife is from here and her family are all here....her HQ is here and it was a no brainer with two kiddos.

I like it here, but this is the hardest time of year. Like literally starting now till March 1st.

Time to book some work travel to the South.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 8:42 AM

Aside from the weather I hear it is great there now. Some of the best chefs in the US have relocated there for some reason. Anyway.....

F that noise***

Jan 21, 2019, 8:35 AM

I'm slowly trying to convince family to move to Colorado

Jan 21, 2019, 8:35 AM

(semi-serious) but the cold weather is what immediately turns WifeofGreenr into a nay-sayer.

That and losing Clemson's instate tuition for the kids.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm slowly trying to convince family to move to Colorado

Jan 21, 2019, 8:38 AM

I would buy a condo and not move. Flights are cheap and real estate is a plenty at this time. Or just wait until the recession and then take advantage of others' misfortune.

As much as I love it and probably would enjoy it, I wouldn't move out there.

why knot? (SRS, even though I spelled 'not' lungily)***

Jan 21, 2019, 8:53 AM

Re: why knot? (SRS, even though I spelled 'not' lungily)***

Jan 21, 2019, 8:59 AM

To go skiing from say boulder or denver is a hike (because of traffic) and something that locals complain about constantly. kind of like living in Wilmington and going to the beach. Its right there, but due to everyone else, its a hassle and headache, so you dont go.

My wife's uncle lives in Beaver Creek, which that is super cool, but its all service industry town and locals are fairly salty on life. Silverton or somewhere like those places are so remote when you think about it. Tough to get around during the winter and tourists just hammer the traffic and to get out and go somewhere you have at least two hours process to get to airport.

I would rather just go 3-4 times a year, enjoy it and get out. Twice to ski and twice to ride, I am set.

Message was edited by: tigermanac®

Re: I'm slowly trying to convince family to move to Colorado

Jan 21, 2019, 8:42 AM [ in reply to I'm slowly trying to convince family to move to Colorado ]

What part?

It would probably be just south of Denver. My company

Jan 21, 2019, 8:47 AM

has 2 Denver offices and a Boulder office. Living IN the mountains would limit where I could work greatly. However, we would be a HELLUVA lot closer.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus legal weed***

Jan 21, 2019, 9:45 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the plus side of her saying 'no' to that, is that

Jan 21, 2019, 8:52 AM [ in reply to I'm slowly trying to convince family to move to Colorado ]

I'll go.

I'll go with you.

That JOUNGE Engineering Company based in Breck sounds

Jan 21, 2019, 9:02 AM

really ####### awesome about right now.

Legal Weed and all...

Once that reel feel drops to -40

Jan 21, 2019, 8:51 AM

and it becomes hard to breathe, that's where you toss in the towel and move south.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fahrenheit or Celsius?***

Jan 21, 2019, 8:56 AM

At that point, does it really matter?***

Jan 21, 2019, 9:07 AM

F. Only been that cold once. Ever.***

Jan 21, 2019, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Fahrenheit or Celsius?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a trick question

Jan 21, 2019, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Fahrenheit or Celsius?*** ]

-40 Fahrenheit is -40 Celsius

inb4

Jan 21, 2019, 10:07 AM

Tiggity®

Well, I don't Celsius.***

Jan 21, 2019, 10:08 AM [ in reply to It was a trick question ]

I think it was winter of '03-'04 in NJ, and it didn't get

Jan 21, 2019, 9:04 AM

above 20° for around 30 days straight. I think that was a record, as it's usually no where near THAT bad for THAT long.

The day it broke, and got all the way up to 32°, people were out in shorts & flip flops, I saw convertibles with their tops down, etc....it was crazy, but it really did feel, comparatively, to a spring day

My coldest weather ever was at Sugar Mountain, NC

Jan 21, 2019, 10:04 AM

And I've been to Vail, Aspen, and Jungfraujoch several times. And Sugar Mtn. won by a MILE.

-12F and a howling 40mph wind put the wind chill just south of -40. Never got above zero that day.... maybe a degree or two. The slopes were actually open, but it was too cold to make snow. Snow sucked, and was frozen, especially at the top. Even though I packed warm, I had to buy a cover for my mouth as every inch of skin had to be covered. It was hard to breathe, like impossible really, without your mouth covered. Ended up looking like those guys at the South Pole with icicles in their beards, etc.

That was either the coldest, or one of the coldest days ever at Sugar Mtn. It was when I was in 7th or 8th grade, about 1989-90ish. It was UGA's rush week too and a bunch of drunk frat guys and sorority girls ended up passing out in the snow on the slopes in the middle of the night. I watched the resort people drag them off to warmth so they wouldn't die. One chick the church youth leader picked up. Brought her into the youth church retreat condo and offered her a warm shower. She warmed that condo very well. GF at the time got all pizzed when I stopped working on her nipple to watch the hot college girl walk out the bathroom wearing nothing but a towel.

Please note this was NOT my church, but a friend's church. Our church retreat sucked.

/endcoolstorybro

from 8 years old through Highschool, I was skiing in NY

Jan 21, 2019, 10:37 AM

every weekend from Nov thru March....every now end then, if we had a longer wknd or week, we'd get up to Vermont. At Mt Snow (Vermont) one time, it was -40 before windchill, and they closed the mountain for 2 days

The winter after we gradumated from Clemson, Future-SheGUAR and I were living in NJ, and 2 clemson buds flew up for a week of skiing in NY. On the drive up, there was a 100° delta between inside my car (80°) and outside (-20°)...with the windchill, it was -40° at least, possibly worse.

A few hours later, we were all drunk, and outside in the hot-tub. Even standing inside but at an open door, beer cans were freezing to our lips. We didn't realize until the next day that our feet were freezing to the ice on the deck....we found out after sobering up and seeing the bloody footprints on the linoleum (plus our torn up feet)

Are you sure the blood was from your feet?

Jan 21, 2019, 10:42 AM

It wasn't like running down your leg, to your feet?

You were just all so drunk.....you know?

I don't like to talk about it***

Jan 21, 2019, 10:44 AM

We need to consult some Russians on how to handle alcohol

Jan 21, 2019, 11:02 AM [ in reply to from 8 years old through Highschool, I was skiing in NY ]

and extreme cold. They seem to have a lock on both.

when the global warming finally gets Clemson's climate

Jan 21, 2019, 9:25 AM

to something like Jacksonville's or Orlando's year-round, we'e gonna have us a Utopia situation here ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice video

Jan 21, 2019, 9:47 AM

Her key hole video is better tho.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

my worstest was -35 in clearfield pa,-60 something chill

Jan 21, 2019, 11:21 AM

when somebody told me what the wind chill was my response was so what
it's -35 freakin degrees

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

spent a very SHORT time in Toledo, the cold drove me back

Jan 21, 2019, 9:05 PM

to SC.
I think I was meant to be a South Carolinian
born here
lived in Fla, VA and OH
and I'll die here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic