Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We just not gonna talk about this?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

We just not gonna talk about this?

Jan 29, 2017, 8:39 PM

Posting it again because the silence on this one is deafening.

I'm game for anyone to tell me why this is good for our country.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38787241

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: We just not gonna talk about this?

Jan 29, 2017, 8:45 PM

In Trump we trust.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds good...

Jan 29, 2017, 8:48 PM

1. Barring immigration from certain nations: Great for national security!

2. Demoting the joint chiefs and putting a blogger ahead of them on national security issues: Also great for national security!

Makes sense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

I think I'm going with "just a blogger" vs "just a T-netter"

Jan 30, 2017, 11:19 AM

jus' sayin' ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2017, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: We just not gonna talk about this? ]

I think this is the most revealing post you've ever made, Hopalong.

I thought I replied to you earlier post about this..........

Jan 29, 2017, 8:46 PM

Maybe I didn't.

If he wants to put Bannon on the NSC fine. But to leave the Joint Chiefs of Staff off is stupid!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So according to the article

Jan 29, 2017, 8:55 PM

Bannon will "join high-level discussions about national security".

The horror.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here, allow me to help.

Jan 29, 2017, 8:59 PM

"President Donald Trump is reshuffling the US National Security Council (NSC), downgrading the military chiefs of staff and giving a regular seat to his chief strategist Steve Bannon."

"The director of national intelligence and the joint chiefs will attend when discussions pertain to their areas.

Under previous administrations, the director and joint chiefs attended all meetings of the NSC's inner circle, the principals' committee."

Reading the whole article helps. He's demoting the joint chiefs, giving them more limited roles, and giving Bannon a seat at every meeting.

More reading for your pleasure, if you like.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/us/politics/stephen-bannon-security-council.html

Which is worse, a Marxist or a Leninist?

Jan 29, 2017, 9:29 PM

I heard last week that because Trump, as the govt, has participated in direct intervention in capitalist markets he is a Marxist (this is apparently different from general policy of past presidents because he interferes with specific companies directly although I seem to remember others doing the same through bailouts etc) and I saw today where Bannon proudly claimed to be a Leninist I'm wondering which is worse.

I don't condone Marxism, or any ism for that matter.

Jan 29, 2017, 9:40 PM

Isms, in my opinion, are not good. A person should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, “I don’t believe in ‘Beatles’, I just believe in me.” Good point there. After all, he was the Walrus. I could be the Walrus, I’d still have to bum rides off of people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasn't sure if Trump was totally off the rocker until this

Jan 30, 2017, 12:10 AM

I mean the terrorist state immigration suspension is one obviously misguided thing, but there is just no defending this. He is obviously completely incompetent at a fundamental level if he thinks putting this wife-abusing, conspiracy-theory peddling, white supremacist crazy person with no experience whatsoever in the situation room while at the same time diminishing the roles of two key, established individuals with eons of experience and knowhow. I thought the reports of him clinging to Fox News and social media all day long were exaggerated but now I'm starting to believe it. I hope Republicans stand up to this nonsense. This is disturbing and shameful.

I'm giving him a broad range of latitude.

Jan 30, 2017, 4:28 AM

Mostly because I agree with just about everyth...nah, no sense BSing you. Trump knows what he's doing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Much ado about nothing

Jan 30, 2017, 1:15 AM

You guys are going to have to learn to pick your battles. You can't keep making everything out to be the worst thing in the world.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lulz***

Jan 30, 2017, 2:26 AM

That's my thought too.

Jan 30, 2017, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Much ado about nothing ]

The sky is falling on every single move Trump makes for these people. It's downright unhinged.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems awfully familiar to act like everything the opposition

Jan 30, 2017, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Much ado about nothing ]

does will lead to the end of times.

Where have we seen that before? Gee...

It's called presidential discretion.***

Jan 30, 2017, 4:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or stupidity

Jan 30, 2017, 8:34 AM

you'd rather the NIC* listen to Bannon instead of the CIA director or the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff? r

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/former-defense-secretary-robert-gates-big-mistake-trump-remove-members-n713781

* 'narcissist in chief'

Jan 30, 2017, 6:03 AM

The muslim ban served as a nice distraction.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TU from me to balance you out to a 50% ratio.

Jan 30, 2017, 6:54 AM

Neither side likes truth but I consider you might be right, Fordperfect might agree.

This appears to make it clear who he's listening to

Jan 30, 2017, 8:01 AM

and who he's not listening to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is highly disturbing to me. Very troubling.***

Jan 30, 2017, 8:21 AM

If I picture President Trump having an angel on one shoulder

Jan 30, 2017, 8:23 AM

and a devil on the other, Bannon is that devil. Please, please, Mr. President. Get him far, far away. I trust you 1000 times more than I trust him.

Jan 30, 2017, 8:34 AM

I think it is a mistake, especially the roles he is downgrading to optional. However, I don't think I would have as big an issue if it were someone sane being promoted to permanent status...Bannon is obviously very intelligent, but in a Hannibal Lecter kind of way.

did you have a problem with David Axelrod sitting in

Jan 30, 2017, 9:16 AM

on Security Council? because he did and he's purely political. Bannon has a military background. I have no problem with this at all

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

naw, Cata said he was just a blogger.

Jan 30, 2017, 11:10 AM

Bannon couldn't have been special assistant to the Chief of Naval Operations at the Pentagon. What? He was? Oh.

Cata just got POWNED!

Jan 30, 2017, 11:17 AM

LOL!

Re: naw, Cata said he was just a blogger.

Jan 30, 2017, 1:41 PM [ in reply to naw, Cata said he was just a blogger. ]

Oh, so that makes him qualified to serve on this board and have the military leaders demoted?

If Obama had done this with the Huffington chick, y'all would be running naked through the streets with rage.

I'm not saying I agree with the move, but I'm

Jan 30, 2017, 1:43 PM

also not reacting to your fire-alarm pulling until I know more about it, and I started by looking into his background to see if he was more than a "blogger".

He's unqualified, pure and simple...

Jan 30, 2017, 2:45 PM

And should not have more say than the joint chiefs.

And it's not just the left side of the aisle pointing this out.

I think using the term "demoted" is not correct...

Jan 30, 2017, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: naw, Cata said he was just a blogger. ]

from what I've read and heard.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you read that inaccurate drivel and believe it...

Jan 30, 2017, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: naw, Cata said he was just a blogger. ]

...I can understand you confusion.

No one was demoted. Some of the military folks were given an option on attending the non-military topics. Their choice to attend or not...not removed.

Is Bannon just going to be "sitting in"?***

Jan 30, 2017, 11:19 AM [ in reply to did you have a problem with David Axelrod sitting in ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Surely not, but this isn't some kind of crazy move***

Jan 30, 2017, 12:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, you can't reach that conclusion based on Axelrod.***

Jan 30, 2017, 12:35 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Are you saying it's not a valid comparison?***

Jan 30, 2017, 12:49 PM

To quote camcgee: "Surely not."***

Jan 30, 2017, 2:10 PM

- Jonathan Swift

the days of all talk, no action are over

Jan 30, 2017, 12:48 PM

Trump don't play dat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think one source of the hyper-angst is

Jan 30, 2017, 1:10 PM

the fact that the Obama revolutionaries or "progressives", who were all ready with "Hope and Change" on the vow to "reinvent America" got almost nothing in 8 years except the Obamacare monstrosity and a ton of racial strife. Remember the folks who paraded in the streets proclaiming Obama would be paying their bills and buying them cars (how'd that work out?).

Now, these folks are seeing a real, actual revolution happening before their eyes, but one where THEY are the mainstream being revolted against, not the agents of change they have always imagined themselves to be. And that's NOT a happy place. It's a very bitter place. Yet they - and the benevolent media they adore - STILL can't figure out why this is happening.

Oh, please

Jan 30, 2017, 1:10 PM [ in reply to the days of all talk, no action are over ]

The only way in which you're right is that this administration doesn't seem interested in talking at all before taking action.

Sean Spicer just debunked this myth

Jan 30, 2017, 2:13 PM

Just schooled the media on this. Wow, I'm embarrassed for the media that ran with similar stories.

Oh thank goodness. I thought Bannon was really on the NSC.***

Jan 30, 2017, 2:19 PM

- Jonathan Swift

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic