Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We have become losers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

We have become losers

Dec 1, 2012, 12:35 PM

We have become what the coots use to be. My defintion of losers are fans who sit around talking about woulda coulda shoulda. We sit around talking about thugs and use terms like "class" meanwhile good teams just smack our team in the mouth and we do nothing about it. We sit around waiting for other teams to back door us in to a descent bowl game just so we can get smacked in the mouth again. Then we get back on the message boards and talk about ifs and buts and wait till next year and use terms like "building" to satisfy the masses. We have gotten away from what made Clemson not only a great football school but a "feared" football school. That rock once meant something and now its meaningless from what I'm seeing. I do not like our offense because it leads to having a weak defense. The reason it leads to a weak defense is because they are on the field the whole game against really good teams. Its been shown time and time again. We have become a team of statistics and setting meaningless offensive records. We have become the dreaded finesse school and I cant think of a more girly term than that. This is not going to change until we get a real coaching staff who believes in toughness and smacking the other team around. If you don't like what you saw this year you better get use to it cause from what Im seeing on this board its what you want. If you want it you get it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hum! Two division championships. One Conference

Dec 1, 2012, 12:44 PM

Championship. 20 wins two years. And you think we have become the Coots?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Have you seen the W-L record of the teams we beat?

Dec 1, 2012, 12:50 PM

This has been nothing but smoke and mirrors. Every single time we have played a GOOD team in the last 2 years we have been spanked. You know it and I know it. Yes we won the ACC championship last year but did that really feel like we won a championship to you last year? The answer is hell no. We just lost for the 4th consecutive time to our hated chicken rivals and all you and others like you do is talk about how we are building. We aren't building squat. What are you going to say if we get spanked in our bowl game? You gonna be singing the same tune or are you gonna wake up and see what I am seeing.

Self fulfilling: if we beat #5 VT, then they must suck and

Dec 1, 2012, 1:01 PM

the win doesn't count for anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Really?

Dec 1, 2012, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Have you seen the W-L record of the teams we beat? ]

You don't think beating FSU and VT twice qualifies as beating good teams? I'm not suggesting they are the best teams in the world, but they weren't exactly bad teams either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes I am saying neither FSU or VT were any good last year

Dec 1, 2012, 1:17 PM

FSU was good this year but we got beat by them. VT was wayyyy over rated last year and it was telling in how it ended up this season. I want to see us go in and beat a good team. We have a chance to do this in our bowl game. If we are what we think we are then we will win that game. As it stands right now I have not seen Dabo beat one team that is anything to hang your hat on. So how long do we give him and how many losses to the coots does it take before fans demand better?

SO, to understand

Dec 1, 2012, 1:20 PM

VT was no good last year, and by evidence you point to this year.

FSU was no good last year, but good this year, but somehow being good this year doesn't reflect on beating them last year.

Seems you can't have it both ways there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have you seen the W-L record of the teams we beat?

Dec 1, 2012, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Have you seen the W-L record of the teams we beat? ]

Yeah #3 VT #11 FSU, #12 VT #24 AU yeah no good wins

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And how did those teams end up?

We all know VT was over rated. I would have to say that our victory over FSU may be Dabos best win but that aint sayin much. The Auburn win? It looked good at the time but by years end we saw they were just a mediocre team. What really good teams have we beaten under Dabo?

Honest question

Dec 1, 2012, 1:35 PM

Other than FSU this year and Auburn 2 years ago what teams would you have called very good had we beaten them?

Had we beaten WVU you would've said they weren't that good. Both USC this year and last I doubt you'd have chalked up as excellent (had we beaten them).

Dec 1, 2012, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Have you seen the W-L record of the teams we beat? ]

> Yeah #3 VT #11 FSU, #12 VT #24 AU yeah no good wins

Lol 3 of those teams are from last year and I'm not sure if you're referring to 2011 Auburn or 2012. Either way, neither team finished ranked. LOL if you're including 2012 Auburn.

Dec 1, 2012, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Have you seen the W-L record of the teams we beat? ]

> Yeah #3 VT #11 FSU, #12 VT #24 AU yeah no good wins

He probably didn't know you could use last year and this year combined. Yeah, VT is powerful this year, and so is AU. FSU is good, and that's about it. But whatever works.

Dec 2, 2012, 9:59 AM

Yeah, and USC has been able to beat all the big dogs. Most of USC's wins in the SEC are against the bottom feeders and teams like FL and TN when they were down.

Go to your own site dude, until you get half a brain and don't want to be a jerk.

"#3" Virginia Tech, LMAO. You're a joke.***

Dec 1, 2012, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Have you seen the W-L record of the teams we beat? ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What were they at end of the year?

Dec 1, 2012, 6:16 PM

#3 at the time we played them is what the real joke was sorta like Arkansas as top 10 this year.

Dec 2, 2012, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Have you seen the W-L record of the teams we beat? ]

Virgina Tech FSU...Virgina Tech sucks...and FSU can't beat anyone but YOU...lol

Re: Hum! Two division championships. One Conference

Dec 2, 2012, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Hum! Two division championships. One Conference ]

....20 wins against who???...panzy a$$ teams...Carolina has won 30 in the last three years...and beaten your brains out 4 in a row..and #5 is on the way...L O S E R S....

Yeah, remember when the coots won their conference and had

Dec 1, 2012, 12:49 PM

back to back 10 win seasons? I can't believe we've become that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

i think posting this comment will change things...

Dec 1, 2012, 12:49 PM

the 2 losses this year will magically disapear

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

If the FANS demand change then change comes

Dec 1, 2012, 12:51 PM

Sitting back and letting them BS you about "Next Year" will never work.

agree.. posting on tnet will change things

Dec 1, 2012, 12:53 PM

especially
" i will not accept losses"
posting that on a free intent message board makes everything different

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: We have become losers

Dec 1, 2012, 12:55 PM

This post is pathetic. Ignore.

Oh please

Dec 1, 2012, 12:58 PM

We haven't fallen that far...yet. Maybe if they win another 4 strait. We have been a finesse team since Bowden. The coots are still nationally irrelevant just like us at the moment. Relax. Oregon runs a high powered spread and they played and almost won the MNC a few years back. We just need a better defense and it's as simple as that. CM is a brilliant offensive mind and our offense is fantastic. Please stop perpetuating the myth that running a spread O contributes to a a weak defense. That is a complete myth. The only side effect of running the HUHN is that you also give the other teams more possessions which simply means the games will be higher-scoring. It does not mean that your team automatically has a weak defense. We have a non-existant pass rush and a high school team could pass for 300+ on our secondary. In summary, you're wrong.

Re: Oh please

100% agreeing with you. I didn't see anyone complaining about firing this or that coach when we were breaking school records and scoring over 41 points a game. I hate them coots also but we need to put things in focus and set goals.

Goals for Clemson
1) Focus on being the ACC Champs
2) Focus on staying in the top 10 year in and year out
3) Focus on winning the National champs...again

If we focus on those things...who really cares what happens to that other school in South Carolina. Everything will equal itself out.

I don't won't to get the mindset that Carolina has had for so many years, where they just focused on beating us. We need to focus on those 3 things and everything will work itself out.

^^^THIS^^^^

Dec 2, 2012, 9:49 AM

As "relevant" as USuC is now from their SEC ties, their favorite teams are in this order:

Any team playing Clemson
SEC
USuC

THAT, I don't want to be.

Message was edited by: Tiger8693®

Re: Oh please

Dec 2, 2012, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Oh please ]

..myth???...REALLY???..lol...

Hey...

Dec 1, 2012, 1:02 PM

Just wait 'til next year! ;)

if you can play defense, it doesn't matter what type "o"

Dec 1, 2012, 1:10 PM

you run. you may have to play a few more snaps, but what the hay. rotate d-linemen. lb's and secondary should be good to go. i just don't buy that excuse. we have 85 schollies, plus x number of walk-ons every year, if you want physical in practice for the "d" ( if any team out there is that UN-physical) let them practice against a run up the middle every play scout team. that is just stupid, because no team plays like that. if you look at our t.o.p., it isn't that skewed, except for our last half of football for the regular season. we could have corrected that with a few stops on 3rd and forever. if you go big and physical, you give up speed. there has to be a fine line with the many different styles of offense you face during a typical season.

You new to football are ya??

Dec 1, 2012, 1:12 PM

All of this talk is pretty common for every fan base I've ever seen even in pro ball. Have ya heard Jets fans lately for example???????/

I can't even respond to that

Dec 1, 2012, 1:24 PM

oh please !

Speak for yourself fool***

Dec 1, 2012, 1:28 PM

Newsflash: There's really only 1 winner at end of the year.***

Dec 1, 2012, 1:37 PM

10-2

Dec 1, 2012, 1:53 PM

Doesn't qualify as loser

Can't argue with any of that.***

Dec 1, 2012, 1:56 PM

Frustrated, but he doesn't get it.***

Dec 1, 2012, 2:04 PM

If you want to do something

Dec 1, 2012, 3:09 PM

Write the people who make the decisions.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

One person cant change anything

Dec 1, 2012, 3:40 PM

It seems Dabo has the rest of Tiger nation snowballed so I will have to deal with it until everyone wakes up. Have you wondered why no other university has come looking for Dabo as a coaching hire? I mean Dabo has won the ACC and was coach of the year last year and up for it this year as well. He has 10 win seasons in last years and this years team. The reason why is they know what I know and that its all smoke and mirrors. Look....our hated chicken crap rival hopes we keep the dabo man and all his cheerleading...that should tell you all you need to know. I was gonna cut the guy some slack but when he lost that last game to the coots I am absolutely all out and I think many will be coming to join me very soon. Im not buying his bs any more.

What??? You're angry because of what SC fans

Dec 1, 2012, 3:43 PM

think??

I do not want anything those ### clowns want

Dec 1, 2012, 3:54 PM

and they want us to keep Dabo...just go ask one. Im not ANGRY but for one thing...that the whole of Tiger Nation has been snowballed.

Re: I do not want anything those ### clowns want

Dec 1, 2012, 3:57 PM

Sorry but I smell a coot. Go back to your own board and cause trouble.

butt

Dec 2, 2012, 7:52 AM [ in reply to I do not want anything those ### clowns want ]

some ### clowns are good for society

Re: One person cant change anything

Dec 2, 2012, 8:56 AM [ in reply to One person cant change anything ]

Uh-oh! Someone who finally gets it!

Dec 1, 2012, 4:44 PM

> I do not like our offense because it leads to having a weak defense.

Wow, that sentence was a whole lot of stupid.

Yes, you are a loser

Dec 2, 2012, 8:37 AM

Dabo has this program going in thr right direction for the first time in 20 years. Would you prefer 7-4 with a win over scar?

Dec 2, 2012, 8:38 AM

You may be a loser but I certainly am not. I pull for my tigers no matter what. 4 years of moderate success doesn't mean you are a great program.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2012, 8:49 AM

You,my friend,have not a clue. Put our defense on the field with an offense that tries to play power football,and you will get a real ass-cutting. To have a successful power team,you must have strong,dominant lines and powerful backs. We have neither. I assume you want us to be Iowa,Michigan State,or some of those other Big 10 teams. Even the fabulous sec defenses are now getting shredded by today's offenses (see Johnny football). We are not going back to the 80's. Yes,we need a strong defense,but also a modern offense.

Dec 2, 2012, 10:01 AM

I think tigerroar61 must be bart wright. Sounds like the same drivel he writes in the greenville snooze.

Dec 2, 2012, 10:52 AM

I've been giving you all a lot of grief lately....but let me say onn thing to you in all honesty...You are right!!!! Clemson had a reputation for being a PHYSICALLY tough team...even when they didn't win..it was a war!...I said when they hired the OC..this is NOT Clemson's personality....the Clemson fans want to see good solid football..not this crap...Dabo has single handedly cut your football programs balls off. It will NEVER work...I don't want you to fire Swinney...but i would...I'd run that whole crowd off...send them to Tulsa...where they play that candy a$$ crap....that's where they belong...

Your post has SOME valid points

Dec 2, 2012, 10:57 AM

but how it received 38 thumbs up is what alarms me.

Coot gathering here .....

Dec 2, 2012, 11:00 AM

lol...coots come on board and coots thumbs up, and then next thing you know , you got a coot trophy post ...lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2012, 12:44 PM

The Rock has always been meaningless to you coots.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic