Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anthony Brown BC QB in hospital?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Anthony Brown BC QB in hospital?

Nov 11, 2018, 9:01 AM

Read he was taken to the hospital for internal injuries. Another article mentioned his knee. Looked to me like it might be a shoulder issue.

Man, I hope he's okay. Thoughts and prayers for him and hopefully nothing serious.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anthony Brown BC QB in hospital?

Nov 11, 2018, 9:04 AM

I know how great our D is, and they have to do their job, so I just always hope for no injuries to our opponents. Maybe just hurt their pride, but that's all.

I hope Brown is okay and recovers quickly. He is a talented player and I respect that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reggie Merriweather said on the radio.....

Nov 11, 2018, 9:06 AM

.....broadcast he heard (I assume on sidelines) it was his spleen. Whatever it is, hate it for Brown. Sure hope he's OK.

We had a tight end that ruptured his spleen in 2005 against

Nov 11, 2018, 9:20 AM

Miami, IIRC.

I remember that because the game went into overtime, it allowed the ambulance to get him to the hospital in time, otherwise it is speculated that it would have been a serious crisis.

Edit: found it

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Spleen-Surgery-Likely-Ends-Downers-Season-Career-4978

Message was edited by: Tigersense®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Reggie Merriweather said on the radio.....

Nov 11, 2018, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Reggie Merriweather said on the radio..... ]

After a few minutes of watching the medical staff attend to Brown, I wondered if it was his spleen. I'm certainly no doctor, but if my memory is correct we had a guy in '04 or '05 who was injured in a game & ended up in surgery to have his spleen removed over at Oconee Memorial.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reggie Merriweather said on the radio.....

Nov 11, 2018, 1:15 PM

That's exactly what I thought after the hit.

Could be a lacerated spleen. Punctured lung like Dw4 had or broken ribs. it was a brutal force that CW42 came down with.

Praying for Anthony...

Nov 11, 2018, 9:27 AM

I am hoping for a quick recovery.

Nov 11, 2018, 9:28 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/update/BC-quarterback-hospitalized-with-internal-injury-31488

Godspeed young man! ******

Nov 11, 2018, 10:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I have no idea what his injury is, the pain from

Nov 11, 2018, 11:27 AM

internal(abdominal) bleeding is often referred to the right shoulder. If this the result of a ruptured spleen, a splenectomy might be a better surgery to recover from (in the longterm) than a shoulder injury/surgery. It is all conjecture for now. Hopefully whatever the injury is, he recovers fully and quickly.

Nov 11, 2018, 1:09 PM

Done. And I know CW is the first one to fell remorseful but it was just a freak injury from a football play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic