Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We are really getting to a crisis point in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

We are really getting to a crisis point in

Dec 5, 2018, 12:04 PM

recruiting offensive linemen. This according to Shakin the Southland. I am wondering if we could swoop in and get some decommits from Ohio State that might not want to go there with Urban retiring.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are we so lax on recruiting olinemen?***

Dec 5, 2018, 12:11 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are really getting to a crisis point in

Dec 5, 2018, 12:13 PM

Yeah, Mitch Hyatt and Jackson Carman want to know why we can't recruit offensive linemen.

Dec 5, 2018, 3:53 PM

Lol. Two 5* players within 4 years at a positional group that has to play 5 at a time. That's nothing to write home about.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Dec 5, 2018, 4:06 PM

Just our 2 highest rated OL of all time that happen to be on the same team yeah you're right it's not progress or anything special.

Dec 5, 2018, 4:22 PM

One 5* offensive lineman every 3 years is not elite-level recruiting. Sorry to burst your bubble. Tennessee is about to land 2 in the same class and they have been a dumpster fire.

We've only got 14 scholarship OLmen and will lose at least 2 after this season. The coaches want to carry 15-16 scholarship OLmen. We've got 1 committed for 2019, so we are still 2-3 down on the target number.

We've got a good OL right now. We will probably be solid or better next season. But we've got to get 1-2 more solid recruits in this class or we will be scary thin/young in 2020.

Additionally, we have got to have close to a 100% hit rate on all of our OL commitments in the last couple of classes. That is possible, but really hard to do.

Snowflake Basher........Out

I’ve written home about it several times, actually.***

Dec 5, 2018, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: We are really getting to a crisis point in ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are what- 3 or 4 5 star OL a year

Dec 5, 2018, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: We are really getting to a crisis point in ]

And 120 + teams and we should get 1 or 2 of them every year???

A lot of posters should proof read before hitting send

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are what- 3 or 4 5 star OL a year

Dec 5, 2018, 6:24 PM

You should proof read also. Per 24/7 there are 9 5 star o linemen this class and 18 linemen in the top 100. In 2018 there were 5 5 star olinemen and In 2017 there were 7. Next time you should proof read.

They always finds something to complain about, we have the

Dec 5, 2018, 12:20 PM

#3 class right now and already have 3 OL commits for 2020. They should rename that site the frustrated angry old men.

Dec 5, 2018, 12:21 PM

Making it to CFP every year sounds like the kind of crisis every school wants to have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 12:44 PM

Lol what a brilliant thought I’m sure no one else thought of it

Click Bait - nothing to see here***

Dec 5, 2018, 1:29 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Dec 5, 2018, 1:40 PM

When the coaching staff gets to the crisis point and reports their disappointment to all of us peons, I may become a bit concerned. In the meantime, I will leave the worrying to them and continue to be happy in my usual state of ignorance. It's worked for me for these 97 years.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 1:52 PM

Joe21® said:

When the coaching staff gets to the crisis point and reports their disappointment to all of us peons, I may become a bit concerned. In the meantime, I will leave the worrying to them and continue to be happy in my usual state of ignorance. It's worked for me for these 97 years.

97!?!?!

Shirley you jest!

no

Dec 5, 2018, 1:57 PM

Joe is really 97

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, in awe of

Dec 5, 2018, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: We are really getting to a crisis point in ]

you being 97. What an inspiration. And great advice too.
Go Tigers!!!

Dec 5, 2018, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: We are really getting to a crisis point in ]

Bingo. Enjoy the ride because it hasn't always been enjoyable. These are good times!

Dec 5, 2018, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: We are really getting to a crisis point in ]

Joe .... just give it a little longer then you can go into the crisis mode! You have probably never been in a crisis ;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 1:50 PM

Yeah, such a crisis that every starter on our OL this year received some sort of All-ACC recognition. What a terrible thing to have, fire the coaches! /s

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 graduate this year. We have 1 commit so far and will

Dec 5, 2018, 1:56 PM

take at least 1 more maybe 2. Seems about right to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 graduate this year. We have 1 commit so far and will

Dec 5, 2018, 3:54 PM

No Neal ... the panic switch has been flipped . We'll all run out of here carrying whatever doesn't slow us down . It's time to see it for what it is ... Dabo has jumped the shark and our miserble , inconcievable OL recruiting failures are just the beginning .

I heard they were repossessing the slide in the new FOC building . Putt Putt course has been cordoned off .

Run for the hills !

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 5, 2018, 3:51 PM

Go JUCO or transfer route. Problem solved

We gave up a sack last week

Dec 5, 2018, 3:59 PM

we are giving up an average of 1.08 sacks per game. That puts us at 11th. Not even top 10. We have given up 14 sacks this year. Alabama has only given up 13.

We are doomed.

You're an idiot if you think it's that easy to replace OL***

Dec 5, 2018, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: We are really getting to a crisis point in ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone else smell chicken?***

Dec 5, 2018, 5:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 5:36 PM

I still find it hard to believe that people doubt Dabo and this staff... I’ll start to worry when we start losing more than 1 or maaaayyybbbeee 2 games a year..

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic