Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's say we only beat BC by 55 this weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Let's say we only beat BC by 55 this weekend

Oct 22, 2019, 12:27 PM

would the AP keep us in the top 10 or nah?

I'm thinking Dabo is paying close attention to the polls and I wouldn't be surprised to see a change at QB if Trevor throws an early pick. We have no margin for error and anything less than a 70 point win could prevent us from making the playoffs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Let's say we only beat BC by 55 this weekend

Oct 22, 2019, 12:34 PM

Cute. The only change I see is possibly keeping the first stringers in longer to make it to 55.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 1:02 PM

We might beat BC by 21 to24 points but 55 is a dream.BC runs the ball
a bunch and thats a clock eater. If we run a bunch it cuts into the
final score. I do believe that we will crank up the passing game and
go 50/50 pass rush.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

70 won't be enough! Heck Kansas beat BC. But

Oct 22, 2019, 12:36 PM

the same Kansas team that beat BC and everyone said, "look at the weak ACC; should have beaten Texas this past weekend"! The media darling - if they do anything good - they get over-hyped Texas longhorns were nearly beaten at home by Kansas.

So - people will look at that and go - if they beat them by X - Clemson ( who we hold on a different level) should win by a larger margin.

It's unfair and not right!

***I agree with you on the INT thing: as great a player as Trevor Lawrence will be hopefully - he still needs to be coached up! Perhaps sitting would do some good as far as perspective. He is a confident kid - it won't do long term damage to his ego. But, the defenses moving forward will only get better. You have to protect the football.

WR's too! They need to make sure of what they are reading and not break routes off or not run them poorly. QB's have to anticipate often so if they aren't on the same page, well you get picks.

BC - massive OL. AJ Dillon is a good RB. We will have to do a solid job of stopping the run. And be disciplined on the back end that they don't play action pass us to death.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't need style points

Oct 22, 2019, 12:40 PM

Clemson plays everybody! Everybody knows that. They kind of trying to beat Dabo up about it "on the sly"! Trying to force him to not play that number of players hoping it will: hurt depth development, hurt recruiting, etc. Right now - if you are a recruit - you know you will see the field at Clemson "if you work hard enough and retain coaching well enough"! The recruits know this!

So how do you stop it - pressure Clemson into not developing talent for the post season by having to run up the score! Which means keeping the starters in. Tua and company said they were tired last year despite beating the SEC competition by 29.1 ppg last year. Maybe had they developed some of their young talent(b.s. excuse I know just playing along).

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 1:31 PM

This stale joke is getting very old GWP.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for saying what many of us were thinking***

Oct 22, 2019, 2:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

"many"?

Oct 22, 2019, 2:26 PM

Try, "all".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

A joke? You think this is a joke?

Oct 22, 2019, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's say we only beat BC by 55 this weekend ]

I take Clemson football very seriously. A lot is at stake when it comes to making the playoffs. A lot more than just my own amusement or athletic achievements. Did you read the article where President Clements discussed the financial benefits to the entire institution as a result of our football success?

Not to mention the long hard hours our student-athletes have put in for many years, even before college to get to this point. The long hot practices, overcoming injuries and other obstacles in life to have this opportunity. What about those young men and their personal sacrifices?

So go ahead and look at all of this is a joke if you want, but I am glad there are people in charge who take it seriously.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oct 22, 2019, 2:21 PM

We’ll stay in the top 10; prolly around #7

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 2:34 PM

Well FL is off this weekend so they could leap the Tigers.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 2:35 PM

It depends. Who's next in line to jump us?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Penn State***

Oct 22, 2019, 2:41 PM

Let's see Fla and Uga are off, so they'll

Oct 22, 2019, 2:47 PM

move up of course. Auburn plays Lsu, Ohio St. plays Wisc. That's quality losses right there. I'm thinking we need about a 90 point win just to stay in touch with the top, say, 15. There may be a way though. Onside kicks!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic