Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was wondering about the playoff system and why not make...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Was wondering about the playoff system and why not make...

Dec 4, 2017, 10:01 AM

the RESULTS of the season count more? To me, this 'eye test' takes away from importance of season altogether. And listening to the talking heads of ESPN (Booger McFarland, Greg McElroy, Jesse Palmer, David Pollack, Paul Finebaum - notice what they all have in common?), you know folks from the PAC 12, Big 10, and Big 12 are tired of their opinions.... those of us in the ACC that have never been left out by the committee are. I do realize they have been talking up Clemson lately because we are good and have certainly earned it.

I guess I would be happy going back to an 11-game season and rivalry games back up to the week before Thanksgiving like they used to with the holiday weekend being a break. Then introduce a 6-team playoff, and if you are a conference champion from the Big 5 and ACA, you are IN. Seeds 1 and 2 would get a BYE and the QTR finals would be played what is this coming weekend (after the conference championship) - that is the only real "opinion" to be levied. The SEMI and Championship games would resume the normal New Year's schedule.

It doesn't mean you cannot lose a conference game, but they all count. We enjoy the "Cinderellas" of basketball, why not football? And I think with a QTR and SEMI round, a 'pretender' doesn't survive.

I just hate to see the schedule not really matter and championships left up to so much opinion, and would think this would give most every FBS team an incentive again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was wondering about the playoff system and why not make...

Dec 4, 2017, 10:07 AM

I agree. But even with the 4 playoff it should be that way. 4 conf champs out of 5. Ok so a 8-3 GT gets to ACC Champ Game and beats us. You have 5 champs to pick from so you can still avoid the 8-3 team. And if there are 2 out of 5 with 8-3, tough ####. Like you said, let the underdog play!

This eye test #### sucks.

There are points to argue In and Out. Every team can be argued.

Bama gets No.1 all year so must be good. ########.

4 Conf Champs. Only discussion should be picking from the 5.

Schedule, Conference would matter.

we don't start the season with goals of not winning the ACC.

Bama lost to Allbarn, tough ####. Try again next year!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This near identical CFP committe

Dec 4, 2017, 10:23 AM

Put a non conference big10 champ in the playoff last year instead of the actual big10conference champ.

This year they put a team that couldn't even win their division in over 2 conference champions.

Both are total BS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic