Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Warning: Pointless story. So I'm a critical care RN in Cali
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,829

Warning: Pointless story. So I'm a critical care RN in Cali

Oct 18, 2018, 10:15 PM

I love my job, I've done it for 12 years+, learn something everyday, and always leave the hospital happy to be upright and breathing. I get to walk families through their toughest days as loved ones pass, literally turn around patients trying to die and see them walk out with their families, and everything in between.
Pretty cool opportunity..

But there's this one thing that kills me. See, its not all glamorous. Despite my awesome chest compressions aided by my added on weight, the job has its less illustrious aspects.

So tonight I'm taking care of this lady. She appears to perhaps have a GI infection called C.Diff. You have to get a poop specimen and send it down to the lab.. ON ICE.

Nobody gets it! Even work with a Gamecock, and said, "Look, doo doo ice."

Sigh :)

Addendum: i googled doo doo ice for context.. here ya go
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Gamecock-Tradition-DOO-DOO-ICE-413219

Read the 3rd comment on this one. Hahaha!
https://247sports.com/college/south-carolina/Board/44/Contents/Doo-Doo-ice-4984785/
Message was edited by: soywaker®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Warning: Pointless story. So I'm a critical care RN in Cali

Oct 18, 2018, 11:00 PM

Is that anything like Dippin' Dots ?

God bless you and all our nurses, we need more good ones.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll be on 4th floor Levine Thoracic infusion at 12:30 pm

Oct 19, 2018, 1:10 AM

Friday afternoon for labs and vitals...

Re: I'll be on 4th floor Levine Thoracic infusion at 12:30 pm

Oct 19, 2018, 1:12 AM

I thot you worked in charlotte---chemo brain going 10+

Can't wait to hear how things go for you. Praying for the best my friend!!***

Oct 19, 2018, 1:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I once had a nurse give my bladder the ultrasound once over.

Oct 19, 2018, 1:20 AM

When she left, I told my wife that I think she might have touched my peener. Wife said that must've been why she had an "unimpressed" look on her face.

Jokes on her. She married me.

That's the hardest I've laughed all day.***

Oct 19, 2018, 1:44 AM

null

Oct 19, 2018, 1:41 AM

Kudos to you for being a nurse. I worked in hospital IT for 30+ years, and my sister (also a CLEMSON grad) is an RN dealing with heart patients. I would have loved to have been a doctor, but I don't like that blood thing. My sister got all those abilities and I just got computer geek talent.

That being said - you nurses have a dark side of humor. You nurses seem to look at things from a totally different perspective than 'normal' folk. :) I'm basing that from my sister's traits.

Oct 19, 2018, 1:51 AM

We need more threads like this .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2018, 6:01 AM

Oh man, this story just reminds me how much I don't miss the clinical setting. I'll never forget having to give a Vanc enema for C-Diff. It was literally like poop lava bubbling and running out...after I was done I went to the intern and said, "Next time y'all are administering that! What the heck is the point if it just runs right back out!" He said, "Oh you gotta get them to hold it in." I'm like they haven't been able to stop pooping for 3 straight days how heck do you expect it to just stop now?!?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I nearly aspirated coffee. When folks don't get it, you have

Oct 19, 2018, 6:54 AM

to do it for your own amusement, then share it with those who appreciate it. Good lord, that was funny.

Thanks for what you do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha. Not often you hear humor associated w c diff

Oct 19, 2018, 7:45 AM

Hilarious. Also glad my specialty doesn’t involve doing anything with c diff. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,829
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic