Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Walking through a store and I see a perfectly normal person
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Walking through a store and I see a perfectly normal person

Mar 9, 2019, 6:02 PM

With a service dog. I think to myself it doesn’t get more Ridiculous than that. Then on the next aisle I see a family of four wearing gamecock shirts, so it does.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Service dogs don't just assist the physically disabled. They

Mar 9, 2019, 6:22 PM

are used with veterans with PTSD, people with anxiety, etc....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. As someone who knows people that require

Mar 9, 2019, 6:27 PM

these animals, I don't understand people's reaction to them. I'm far from a snowflake but it does bother me a little.

Re: Exactly. As someone who knows people that require

Mar 9, 2019, 9:33 PM

Service dogs are supposed to be identified as such so the person with the disability can be treated with respect and their rights recognized.

A random person bringing a leashed but unidentified dog or iguana or snake into a restaurant or other public place where animals are inappropriate does not deserve the same respect. In that case a manager has the responsibility to ask the person to remove the animal.

We had that happen here in Augusta a few years ago. A diner brought a python to a restaurant, said it was "for his comfort", implying it was a service animal. Restaurant kicked him out. Manager knew that only dogs can be service animals in GA.

Why would one need a dog to be treated with respect?***

Mar 9, 2019, 9:55 PM

Re: Why would one need a dog to be treated with respect?***

Mar 10, 2019, 9:04 AM

Because if your dog isn't identified and it's taking you into a restaurant, you won't be.

Maybe you prefer the cat-friendly kitchen down the street that scored a 66 on one of its health inspections?

Re: Exactly. As someone who knows people that require

Mar 10, 2019, 3:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Exactly. As someone who knows people that require ]

The
Rw43 said:

Service dogs are supposed to be identified as such so the person with the disability can be treated with respect and their rights recognized.

A random person bringing a leashed but unidentified dog or iguana or snake into a restaurant or other public place where animals are inappropriate does not deserve the same respect. In that case a manager has the responsibility to ask the person to remove the animal.

We had that happen here in Augusta a few years ago. A diner brought a python to a restaurant, said it was "for his comfort", implying it was a service animal. Restaurant kicked him out. Manager knew that only dogs can be service animals in GA.

The diner may have been the Snake Lady that used to dance with her snake at the Discotheque Lounge on Broad Street in Augusta. If it was her then the snake was a co-worker and should have been allowed.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Service dogs don't just assist the physically disabled. They

Mar 9, 2019, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Service dogs don't just assist the physically disabled. They ]

Yes they do! And trust me, mans bf is a life saver.

Re: Service dogs don't just assist the physically disabled. They

Mar 10, 2019, 1:07 AM

Dogs>>>>>>>>>>>People

Re: Walking through a store and I see a perfectly normal person

Mar 9, 2019, 6:27 PM

I like well behaved dogs.

How do you know he was perfectly normal??***

Mar 9, 2019, 9:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a difference between a “service animal”

Mar 9, 2019, 10:55 PM

and a “therapy pet”. The protection under the law is clear in the difference. Unfortunately there are people who try and confuse the issue for their own gain, all while disrespecting people who genuinely need service animals.

Re: There is a difference between a “service animal”

Mar 10, 2019, 1:19 AM

Exactly. There are many people who depend on service dogs. There are numerous people who have come to utilize therapy dogs, but there is a difference. But even then I am supportive of that, but unfortunately many cause the whole matter to be looked at with skepticism because of their desire to take their pet everywhere with them, to include on planes etc. Being close to the base here we see a lot of it, and had more than a few Marines come try to tell me they needed their dog with them at work, while Fido had received no training had no vest etc. Always a few bad apples that ruin it for eveyone sadly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me of my sister.....

Mar 10, 2019, 6:11 AM

She looks healthy and folks assume she is. She gets comments when she uses her handicap tag. Don't assume you know anything about a person because they look normal.

Happens to get all the time. I will never forget one time we were at Dollywood. She had a mobility scooter so that she could enjoy the trip with her children. One of the seaters at a show told her to get up and go up 10 rows of stairs and did not want to seat her in the handicap area. I jumped her sh!t.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was walking thru a store Friday night and saw...

Mar 10, 2019, 9:19 AM

SEVERAL NORMAL PEOPLE walking around with dogs. So I immediately complained to the store manager. And the crap that spewed out of that man’s mouth defending those “special” customers... I couldn’t believe it! THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THOSE PEOPLE!!!

Needless to say, I’m NEVER shopping at that PetSmart again!!! THE NERVE OF THAT STORE!!!

~JKB

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic