Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Day 6, no heat.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Day 6, no heat.

Jan 22, 2019, 9:08 AM

I have more electric space heaters running than H8N. House still 60 degrees.

Part supposed to arrive today. HVAC company better pray it does, lest Obed drive over there and go all "Falling Down" on them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good sleeping temp!***

Jan 22, 2019, 9:09 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You only have one unit?***

Jan 22, 2019, 9:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but it's a giant MF'er.

Jan 22, 2019, 9:13 AM

That's part of the problem, it's a 5 ton packaged unit with a 3/4 hp blower motor. HVAC place only usually stocks 1/4 and 1/2 hp. Dude was like "Man, you basically have a commercial unit attached to your house".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, that sucks

Jan 22, 2019, 9:10 AM

Why does heat always go out in the winter? If it were to go out in the winter, wouldn't be a big deal b/c you wouldn't be using it.

Re: Wow, that sucks

Jan 22, 2019, 9:11 AM

McLovin said:

Why does heat always go out in the winter? If it were to go out in the summer, wouldn't be a big deal b/c you wouldn't be using it.

Way to go, Aero.***

Jan 22, 2019, 9:13 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dude, that was completely understandable and only had

Jan 22, 2019, 9:14 AM

1 word wrong.

I saw no griping about company policies either.***

Jan 22, 2019, 9:15 AM

Slippery slope***

Jan 22, 2019, 9:16 AM [ in reply to dude, that was completely understandable and only had ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, or even why doesn't it go out in March or somethin?***

Jan 22, 2019, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Wow, that sucks ]

Falling Down... underrated movie.

Jan 22, 2019, 9:17 AM

"Think about it"

Re: Falling Down... underrated movie.

Jan 22, 2019, 9:18 AM

Sheila: Hi, can I help you?
Bill Foster: Yes, I'd like a ham and cheese whamlet and some whammy fries--
Sheila: I'm sorry, we've stopped serving breakfast but we are on the lunch menu now.
Bill Foster: But I want breakfast.
Sheila: You can't have it, we're not serving it.
Bill Foster: So you said. Is that the manager?
Sheila: (sighs) Yeah.
Bill Foster: Could I speak to him please?
Sheila: Sure. Rick, there's a customer who would like to speak with you.
[a young man with a happy smile walks up to the counter]
Rick: Yes, sir?
Bill Foster: I'd like some breakfast?
Rick: We stopped serving breakfast.
Bill Foster: I know you stopped serving breakfast Rick, Sheila told me that you... why am I calling you by your first names? I don't even know you. I still call my boss 'Mister' even though I've been working with him for seven years, but all of a sudden I walk in here and I'm calling you Rick and Sheila like we're in some kind of AA meeting and... I don't want to be your buddy, Rick. I just want a little breakfast?
Sheila: You can call me Miss Folsom if you want.
Rick: Sheila. We stopped serving breakfast at 11:30.
[Foster looks at his watch to find it's 3 minutes past the deadline. He becomes angry]
Bill Foster: Rick, have you ever heard the expression "the customer is always right"?
Rick: (sighs) Yeah.
Bill Foster: Well, here I am. The customer.
Rick: (still smiling) That's not our policy. You have to order something from the lunch menu.
Bill Foster: I don't want lunch. I want breakfast.
Rick: Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.
Bill Foster: (smiles back) Yeah, I'm real sorry too. (pulls out an Uzi)

Our former BB coach is in Falling Down?***

Jan 22, 2019, 9:31 AM

TOO MUCH!***

Jan 22, 2019, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Falling Down... underrated movie. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falling Down:

Jan 22, 2019, 9:18 AM

https://24miles.wordpress.com/2014/07/15/daily-movie-falling-down-1993/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That and The Game are two fantastic movies.

Jan 22, 2019, 9:20 AM

MD was on a roll then, taking a chance on some decidedly not-blockbuster scripts.

Love Wonder Boys: Sexual confusion.

Jan 22, 2019, 9:23 AM

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZMASxQ-lsB0

never seen---added to my list.***

Jan 22, 2019, 9:29 AM

There's no excuse for that.

Jan 22, 2019, 9:20 AM

Making your family freeze to death when you could easily go get several 55 gallon drums and a couple of truckloads of wood pallets and heat the whole house with burn barrels, I mean.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait until you see your power bill

Jan 22, 2019, 9:24 AM

Our last house was so poorly constructed, that we had a series of space heaters strategically placed throughout in order to maintain a modest 68-70 degree temperature. You were OK during the day, because the sun would heat the house up, but after 7:00 or so it was time to crank them up.

I had/have a 'Dr. Heater' infrared that is a beast. When the hydronic heater couldn't keep up, we'd turn that bad boy on and it would heat the room up 10 degrees. However, I'm pretty sure it cost like $1 a minute to operate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hydroponic heater? For your "tomatoes"?

Jan 22, 2019, 9:25 AM

but yeah, I'm with you. Not wanting to see my power bill next month. I think the bearing on the wheel on my power meter is burning out.

You know, I was always on the Obed is a LDR buss

Jan 22, 2019, 9:40 AM

But, ####, waiting six days with no heat ? Sounds like atoal UDP issue to me.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's where I veered into UDP-ville.

Jan 22, 2019, 9:43 AM

I have a home warranty that I'm filing this claim under, so I'm at their mercy.

I don't feel like swapping it out myself, and I don't feel like paying a company out of pocket $800 to install a $225 motor, so here I am.

I think it was DGAURTECHTIC who had the great experience

Jan 22, 2019, 9:47 AM

with a home warranty contractor. What's 6 more weeks without heat, anyway?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Home of the TRUE BRUE WARANTRY

Jan 22, 2019, 9:48 AM

Y'all remember that commercial?

Spring***

Jan 22, 2019, 10:24 AM [ in reply to I think it was DGAURTECHTIC who had the great experience ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you is correct.

Jan 22, 2019, 10:55 AM [ in reply to I think it was DGAURTECHTIC who had the great experience ]

I've def come out way ahead in my dealings with them....but it comes at a cost, and usually that cost is time, repeat visits, a couple of rounds of ###### techs, etc...

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic