Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"I have never seen a more biblical president than.. Donald Trump"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 753

"I have never seen a more biblical president than.. Donald Trump"

Apr 16, 2019, 9:13 PM

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1117807221310664704
Podcast link:
https://www.oneplace.com/ministries/understanding-the-times/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "I have never seen a more biblical president than.. Donald Trump"

Apr 16, 2019, 10:42 PM

It takes a special kind of stupid to believe a lifetime NY Democrat pro-choicer who ran a staged reality show and appeared regularly on pro wrestling is actually sincere when he claims to be a man of God.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re:

Apr 17, 2019, 5:40 AM

He is God for many of his followers. I think many of his followers abandoned the other God they used to believe in. As an agnostic I am fine with that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on now.

Apr 17, 2019, 6:52 AM

You know better than that. We respect what he's doing not who he is or his peripherals including all the womanizing and trash twitter trolling. Our affections for Trump pale in comparison to how the left viewed and treated Obama.

You have two candidate who are trying to channel the spirit of the Barack. Buttigieg gave a speech using identical tones and identical rhetoric as The Barack. O'rourke works hard to mimic The Barack but he's not nearly as close to the original as Buttigieg.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Come on now.

Apr 17, 2019, 7:25 AM

Who he is is partially what he is doing. He is influential. I don't think there are any "true Christians" that support him. Whatever that meant in the first place. It's all a sham anyway. He is a bad a human being. I am glad people are losing their faith in religion and God. They have always beem faking it anyway. That's the best thing Trump has done. He is making people more real to who they really are. They are showing what frauds they always were. That part is refreshing. The less God the better imo.

Wait, first he's demonized for being such a godless soul...

Apr 17, 2019, 7:53 AM

then he's become your hero for outing fake Christians? Sometimes it makes me wonder if you guys can stick to a story.

The fact is that I, proclaiming to be a follower of Christ, view all politicians as liars and thieves. Shake em all up in a sack and sling one out. From a moral standing, which ever comes out first is as good or bad as any left in the sack. Christians don't try to out-righteous others. We freely admit that all we (mankind) are equally deep in sin. I don't respect any man's righteousness. No man is morally superior to another, we've all sinned and fallen short of being righteous.

You on the other hand, are claiming a moral superiority to Trump which indicates or suggest you are declaring a righteousness of your own definition. That's ok if that's how you want to do it. However, it's my burden to explain that your self-righteousness is as filthy rags, no better or worse than Trump's or mine.

I'll give you this, Trump believes exactly the same as you. He justifies himself by how he lives just as you do. Unlike a Christian, you, the rest of the world excluding those covered by the blood, and POTUS Trump go about to work your own justifications to please yourselves that you're good outweighs your bad.

We may be better than Trump, our good may so out weight the bad in us to give us comfort and satisfaction but it will not save us to eternal life.

I like Trump for all the promises he fulfilled. That's why you don't like him. No sense in you deceiving yourself about this. You have an opposite political view of how this country should operate, how to move it forward and what's best for America and Americans.

As far as I'm concerned, you can have the title of moral superiority. I would find no comfort if it was bestowed on me for I know that I'm morally just like everyone else, rotten to the core, a sinner with a black heart and without the blood of God's Lamb I'd end up in eternity without the presence of God.

Sometimes I wonder if being where God isn't might be just what some folks want.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wait, first he's demonized for being such a godless soul...

Apr 17, 2019, 8:05 AM

You're a fraud to an extent when it comes to being Christian in my mind. You don't walk the walk. I can tell you really don't believe that junk down deep. I don't think most people do anyway. They are just hedging their bets "just in case". That's good though. All Christians that are Trump supporters are frauds to an extent. Like I said, it's refreshing. The closer we get to agnosticism the better. We're well on our way.

Forgot to add....I have no moral superiority. I am just a person who isn't a religious person and I don't believe in the words of the Bible are that of a God. I am the same as most Christians in that regard even though I am agnostic.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

Re: Wait, first he's demonized for being such a godless soul...

Apr 17, 2019, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Wait, first he's demonized for being such a godless soul... ]

I respect you view but must disagree. I think you give him too much credit. I don't see that he, himself, can take credit for policies that he signed. I believe the credit goes to the Republican leadership in the Senate and House. I know of no policy that he's developed himself other than his clear disdain and mistreatment of immigrants.

As for his character, that many supports are willing to overlook matter to God and should matter to us Christians. It makes it seem that Christians care nothing about being Christ like as long as their wallets are enhanced. Further, Christians embracing such a man for personal gain makes the the idea of belief in Christ nothing more than hypocrisy.

In my view, those who follow God should act out is wishes and desires as best we can. As far as God's desires for us, one can begin in Proverbs.

Proverbs 6:16-19
"There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers."

Serving those whom God hates is, in my view, contrary to the basic tenets of faith in Christ.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Come on now. ]

“ He is making people more real to who they really are. They are showing what frauds they always were. ”

This is spot on. There are many people in my life that have lost my respect the last couple years.

Apr 17, 2019, 8:52 AM

I didn't lose respect for anyone because of it. I am glad they really don't believe in that junk. It's refreshing for them to show who they are to admit they really don't believe down deep either. I kind of respect them more actually.

Apr 17, 2019, 9:37 AM

Well they are still claiming to believe. They are just ignoring all of trumps faults and the fact he doesn’t act Christlike at all and it’s damaging the perception of evangelical Christianity for supporting him.

Apr 17, 2019, 10:02 AM

True, but now we know those are just words. They really don't believe what they are saying.
It's just talk .

Apr 17, 2019, 8:08 AM [ in reply to Come on now. ]

You know better than that. We respect what he's doing not who he is or his peripherals including all the womanizing and trash twitter trolling.

Maybe not you, but the OP just gave an example of that adoration. People are getting the man to sign their ####### Bibles. I don't have to scroll too far on Facebook to see some meme attaching Trump to sainthood/Godliness. Even in a place that's a bit saner than the rest of SC like Charleston, the worship is abound.

There are people on this board who echo and worship anything he says or does. Memphis. X. APM. Bengaline. They're here.

Our affections for Trump pale in comparison to how the left viewed and treated Obama.

I didn't see it anywhere close with Obama. But I lived in SC during the entire Obama admin, so maybe it was more rampant elsewhere.

The problem is, I kind of get why some folks would worship the man. I get why a black American would adore him unconditionally. I know some gay people who did because of his LGBT stances. I get why a raging liberal would. Misguided, but I get it.

The issue with Trump is that there is no reason to adore him. He is a con artist on so many levels. He lived his life as a NY Dem. He was pro choice his whole life until (magically) now. His life pre-presidency was entertainment, celebrity, showmanship, and lies.

And suddenly, a mass of Americans are dumb enough to believe this man has suddenly become a pro-life, conservative Christian saint. How stupid does a person have to be to fall for that?

He's a bad person. A bad president. And not a bit conservative. He is not worthy of any real Republican's support or adoration.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I'm going to disagree with you...

Apr 17, 2019, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Come on now. ]

in my neck of the woods, you almost never saw even an Obama Sticker on a car that wasn't left over from the election throughout his 8 years. I see Trump 2020 stickers everywhere on my drive to work. I never had any clients tell me about how much the loved Obama during his eight years, but about half of them tell me that the republicans and democrats just need to get out of Trump's way because doing what he wants is the only way to save America.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah...no.***

Apr 17, 2019, 7:27 AM

Re: "I have never seen a more biblical president than.. Donald Trump"

Apr 18, 2019, 1:44 PM

It’s going to be hilarious when Jesus looks at trump and his supporters and says depart from me I never knew you.

Replies: 15
| visibility 753
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic