Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A potential great addidion at running back/fullback
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

A potential great addidion at running back/fullback

Dec 17, 2018, 1:35 PM

Anybody ever heard of this guy. He has gaudy numbers but, according to the Bleacher Report, is being very lightly recruited. Looks like a little tank.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2810851-run-charlie-run-70-touchdowns-later-high-school-back-still-seeking-attention?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A potential great addidion at running back/fullback

Dec 17, 2018, 2:28 PM

My god, how are we not recruiting this guy?? He's going to be an incredible addition to someone's team at RB? Are our folks asleep at the wheel?

Dec 17, 2018, 2:31 PM

First, I know you are trolling.

Second, Hunter Johnson who was a 5 star player from Indiana had trouble adjusting to the complexity and speed of the game at Clemson's level. Now you want to recruit a no star player from Indiana to come make a huge impact?

I'm not buying it.

Dec 17, 2018, 2:41 PM

Hunter Johnson wisely left because he was playing behind a QB less talented than him (read KB), and because we had the best HS QB in the country (TL) coming in. This guy is not all talk---look at his record!! I'm just saying give this guy a look. Are you trying to tell me that because he has no stars, he's not an outstanding player. "Stars" and two dollars will get you a hamburger, and nothing more. Get the "stars" out of your eyes!!

Dec 17, 2018, 2:50 PM

Regardless of why Johnson left, it was reported several times that the reason he could not separate from Cooper is that he struggled to learn the offense and adjust to the way the game was played at Clemson's level. He was the best of the best from the state of Indiana.

The stars are a representation of potential seen in a player. Are you trying to tell me that people aren't looking for potential in a player setting state records and winning the state championship? The fact that people don't seem to think he projects is telling.

No, stars are not everything. I'm sure he would be a good player at a small school or in an option offense.

I hope the best for the kid but he has no business being compared to the athletes that Clemson is recruiting at RB. I hope he doesn't attempt to come to a school like Clemson because he would likely get moved to a position such as "H" back where his ability to carry the football would be wasted.

Dec 17, 2018, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: A potential great addidion at running back/fullback ]

Actually $2 and 5 stars get you a burger and a national championships.

$2 and 2-3 stars get you an invitation to the Bell Bowl... I prefer natties.

Dec 17, 2018, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: A potential great addidion at running back/fullback ]

Trolling from where? Huh?? You are as full of S##t as a Christmas turkey. So anyone who doesn't agree with your Neanderthal-level observations is a troll?? Gee, forgive the rest of us for having an opinion----and then return to the Middle ages from when you emerged. Your cave still available?

Dec 17, 2018, 2:54 PM

It's not your opinion but your history that allows me to consider you a troll.

Also I'm not shocked that a coot thinks that a Christmas turkey should be filled with s##t. It explains why the "s##t" spews from the cesspool that is Columbia.

Honest question. With most people on here knowing your game, why do you get upset when someone suggests what you are truly here for?

Dec 17, 2018, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: A potential great addidion at running back/fullback ]

Parnell Burnside. We have actually been recruiting him for 17 years. A little slower now than when we began recruiting him but still a diamond in the rough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we trust anyone from Palestine?

Someone with some juice please call our coaching our coaching staff.

Dec 17, 2018, 2:33 PM

It's been done. We just gave him Crouch's spot. You can move on now.

Here...sip your 'juice'

Dec 17, 2018, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: A potential great addidion at running back/fullback ]

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LeadingGrizzledKissingbug.webp

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being white probably hurts him when it comes to recruiting.

Dec 17, 2018, 2:34 PM

Because many people assume that white = slow, less athletic, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Being white probably hurts him when it comes to recruiting.

Dec 17, 2018, 2:37 PM

To be fair, he listed a 4.6 40 yard dash which is not exactly coveted at the RB spot.

Definitely a valid point.***

Dec 17, 2018, 2:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

He looks slow and probably plays poor-quality competition

Dec 17, 2018, 2:58 PM

Maybe show up to a camp or 2 if you're that good and not getting any attention? I doubt that 4.6 40 is legit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A potential great addition at running back/fullback

Dec 17, 2018, 4:23 PM

...kinda reminds me of Larry Czonka from the early 70's.

Dec 17, 2018, 4:48 PM

Didn't mean to stir up so much controversy but he comes from a 5A school (not the largest - that would be 6a) but he is only a junior and a national leader. He likes to hit people. What are we usually missing in a back - blocking. Look at his power stats. Unless this this is all a lie, which I choose not to believe since it came from the Bleacher Report, he looks like a great H-Back that that would be perfect in the red zone and short yardage situations.

For more I checked out the national stats for running backs:

http://www.maxpreps.com/leaders/football/offense,rushing/stat-leaders.htm?classyear=all&position=all

Wait a second....is that Mike Alstott's

Dec 17, 2018, 5:57 PM

High school footage?

Dec 17, 2018, 6:09 PM

Enjoy just watching him run through people!

Guess Anna's Wednesday surprise is ruined now***

Dec 17, 2018, 6:15 PM

Re: Guess Anna's Wednesday surprise is ruined now***

Dec 17, 2018, 6:37 PM

Yep, you broke the story. In all seriousness, I’d offer him. Bet he’d be one heck of a blocker the way he hits people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic