Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Texas A&M Marching Band - Clemson Halftime Show
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Texas A&M Marching Band - Clemson Halftime Show

Sep 9, 2018, 4:07 PM

Here is the Aggie band's halftime performance during our game last night. I really hope they bring their band to Death Valley next year as they are a treat to watch. The Big10 may think they have the best bands in the land but those yankee bands don't hold a candle to these guys...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sl8S1q6WGs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Texas A&M Marching Band - Clemson Halftime Show

Sep 9, 2018, 4:17 PM

Impressive. I hate that the networks don't show the half time shows. The bands work so hard and it's a part of the excitement and pageantry of attending a game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 4:45 PM

I had the pleasure of teaching Aggie seniors Army military science for 3 years. What a fun assignment that was! The band was always spectacular!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very impressive!!

Sep 9, 2018, 5:17 PM

Thanks for sharing.

I was at the Clemson game at A&M 14 years ago, but had forgotten how spectacular the band performance was in the years between then and now. We seldom see band's march like this in 2018.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 5:25 PM

Clemson needs to invest in the band program...for a team of our caliber to have a band like we do is an embarrassment. Listening on tv last night, they were so flat and not tuned in. The uniforms need updating and the color guard is vanilla. The SEC bands put us to shame. I understand we don’t have a strong music program but we should demand excellence in all we do at Clemson, not just football.

First, that was not our full band.

Sep 9, 2018, 5:40 PM

That was a handful of volunteer pep band members. Uniforms need updating? They are 3 years old. “Strong music program” ...how about no music program. Clemson doesn’t have a music major. I’ll take our Tiger Band over any SEC school’s band. Tiger Band does a fantastic job.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Well put Tigerdrummer! I agree with everything you said***

Sep 11, 2018, 9:17 AM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Texas A&M Marching Band - Clemson Halftime Show ]

1. Tiger Band is 356 members strong. That’s larger than the Texas Fighting Aggie Band and on par with just about every band in the SEC.

2. Only 45 Tiger Band members were allowed to travel to College Station.

3. The current Tiger Band uniforms are less than 5 years old.

That’s pretty d a m n impressive for an ACC band that has never had a music major to support it. If you’re embarrassed by Tiger Band, then you just simply are not paying attention. I suggest you check your facts before you go spewing off about something of which you obviously know nothing about.

Re: Texas A&M Marching Band - Always Wins Haltime

Sep 10, 2018, 2:51 PM

The styles of marching and playing of the music are drastically different between the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band and pretty much every other University's Marching Band.

1) The Aggie Band Forms at the North End of the End Zone, and once they step-off they never stop playing.

2) Unless they are doing a special presentation, the Band typically never stops marching while playing continuously.

3) Nearly half of the members of the band are freshman, and this was their 2nd week on Campus, let that sink in, they had only a few days of practice to get that precision down AND learn the music.

4) As the largest University in America; ranked in the top 10 in nearly every measurable category; The First Land, Sea, and Space Grant University, A&M does have a music program. However, the members of the Aggie Band are members of the Corps Of Cadets, and most importantly are not required to have ever played an instrument. They are welcome to join and learn.

And finally, the only time the Aggie Band does not travel to away games is when the away game University Admin tell them they won't have space or time for them.

Looking forward to seeing Death Valley next year!

Gig'em

We Need A Battle Of The Bands!!!

Sep 10, 2018, 4:34 PM

The Aggie Band vs. The Marching 101. The second half of the game would have to be cancelled!!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Texas A&M Marching Band - Always Wins Haltime

Sep 10, 2018, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Texas A&M Marching Band - Always Wins Haltime ]

So,are you saying that none of the freshmen ("nearly half of the band") have access to the music until they get on campus in mid August? Seems like stretch of believability to me.

Sep 9, 2018, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Texas A&M Marching Band - Clemson Halftime Show ]

This is about the dumbest post I have ever read.

Sep 9, 2018, 7:13 PM

Some people don't think before getting facts. Everyone knows they don't take the full band to a lot of the away games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Texas A&M Marching Band - Clemson Halftime Show ]

We were at the game at the top opposite end zone corner of the stadium and could hear Tiger Band loud and clear. We didn't take our full band of 350+. There were maybe 40-50 band members playing through heavy rain and all - making Clemson proud! Love you, Tiger Band!

wait just one bleeping MInute

Sep 10, 2018, 2:26 PM

I thought you had to have a fiddle if you want to play in Texas?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: wait just one bleeping MInute

Sep 10, 2018, 6:10 PM

Yeah, everybody should know that!

Re: wait just one bleeping MInute

Sep 10, 2018, 6:46 PM [ in reply to wait just one bleeping MInute ]

I thought you had to have a fiddle if you want to play in Texas?

That song was played on the the loud speakers at game.:)

Good one Geeville! I liked it!

Sep 11, 2018, 9:14 AM [ in reply to wait just one bleeping MInute ]

Well played

What a FINE marching band....clever too!***

Sep 10, 2018, 5:56 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 9:11 PM

It would be extremely nice if Clemson could work it out and encourage A&M to bring their band next year. It would be plus for the A&M band and Clemson fans would enjoy it. Clemson people would stay and watch like we do for the Marching 101.

It reminded me on the old military style, high stepping, that the Summerville Green Wave high school band used for years.

I do enjoy the bands at half time. Those young people work hard. Besides, what would a tiger game be without Tiger Rag.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2018, 9:11 AM

Ag here...

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Aggie Band go to Clemson next year. I don't think there's a hard rule on where they go (the upperclassmen went to UCLA last year). They tend to make 2, maybe 3 away games a year. It all depends on a combination of what the opposing school will allot ticket wise, the travel funds available, distance/logistics, and "exposure" factor (which of course, Clemson would be great for that).

Thinking about our 2019 schedule, I see the away game candidates being (no particular order), Clemson, Georgia, Ole Miss, and LSU. We also play Arkansas in Dallas every year. But usually there's 2 long-distance trips plus the game in Dallas.

Since we play Ole Miss and LSU every year, I wouldn't be surprised to see them choose Clemson and Georgia as the travel games. We play Bama and Auburn at home in 2019. LSU is always around Thanksgiving, so maybe pass on that as an away game in favor of the holiday for cadets. And if memory serves (I am not sure it does), I think they've been to Ole Miss already.

I think if the Clemson administration reached out to A&M and allotted tickets, requesting the Band to come, my guess is that would be an obvious choice!

I hope they come, would be great to see them again. Here's a

Sep 11, 2018, 9:15 AM

little tip for your band though... if the band ever gets invited to Virginia Tech, DON'T DO IT.

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Virginia-Tech-puts-Tiger-Band-in-upper-deck-corner-28028

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic