Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Three things I hope KB learns from this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Three things I hope KB learns from this

Sep 27, 2018, 6:42 AM

1. Sometimes your best won't be enough. Take applying for college. I teach honors Algebra 2 and AP Probability and Statistics. I have had several students ask me to write recommendation letters to Ivy League Schools. While these kids are academically gifted, and have done their best throughout high school, I prepare them for the reality it may not be enough. I have written six letters and had one accepted. Life does not always work according to the principle, do your best and everything will go your way.

2. When emotion is high discernment is low. If your emotion is high it is in your best interest to say nothing, as it will almost certainly be something you will regret later.

3. Being loyal is easy when everything is going your way and people are praising you, True loyalty is tested when the praise stops and adversity comes.

That being said, our loyalty to a fellow Tiger is being tested. KB is one of ours, Now he is not making a decision we don't like and is saying things we wish he would leave unsaid. If we are true Tigers, we forgive him, hope he changes his mind and support him moving forward regardless.

Message was edited by: revmarkg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Three things I hope KB learns from this

Sep 27, 2018, 6:54 AM

Well said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 7:44 AM

A long time ago I was advised, " Anyone can be your friend when you are right, your true friends are there when your wrong." Dabo has handled this with dignity and love for KB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, your letter writing completion percentage is almost as

Sep 27, 2018, 7:48 AM

bad as Jake Bentley's.

Jk. Good points.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I didn't tell you is the ones that did not get in

Sep 27, 2018, 8:00 AM

all ended up being "interceptions". They went to another school.

POTD

Sep 27, 2018, 7:50 AM

You absolutely mailed it.

A few thoughts to each of your points:

1) My 1st choice for college was UNC. They wait-listed me, I ended up at Clemson and its the best thing that ever happened. Life is NOT fair, but it has a way of working out if you don't quit.

2) Every time without fail.

3) When the chips are down people show their true colors.

I could not agree more with your last paragraph. KB is a great kid/man and we should all wish him the best.

p.s. I think he must have gotten some bad advice. I would have told my son to stick it out because he'd regret leaving more than he'd regret staying one day. Just my 2 cents.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"...nailed it"

Sep 27, 2018, 7:51 AM

I need to pay so I can edit my posts...

Glad you ended up at CU. At least from a football

Sep 27, 2018, 9:57 AM [ in reply to POTD ]

fan's perspective, it could not have worked out better.

Excellent Take***

Sep 27, 2018, 10:00 AM

Amen

Sep 27, 2018, 10:04 AM

He has a lot to think about as far as his future is concerned. His former teammates are making a lot of money in the NFL and he probably thinks Dabo is robbing him of his chance when in fact Dabo is doing what is best for the team by playing the best player and giving Kelly the opportunity to prove his worth elsewhere. Classy move by Dabo to tell him now and not later but I can understand why Kelly would be upset. I don’t know about you guys but I said a lot of regrettable things at that age.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure I've said some regrettable things this week.***

Sep 27, 2018, 12:03 PM

Very good points

Sep 27, 2018, 10:49 AM

I have a feeling once this all blows over he'll retract some of what he said. He seems to be a great person, and I think he may have just gotten caught up in the moment.

Sep 27, 2018, 12:49 PM

Facts

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic