Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Unpopular Opinion on Scar Next Year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 79
| visibility 1

Unpopular Opinion on Scar Next Year

May 10, 2018, 11:27 AM

Let me preface this post with the fact that I pull against South Carolina every time they step on the field. I want them to lose every game they play. However, I like to try to look at things objectively from time to time, and I have a bit of a different feel for this upcoming season in regards to the national implications of the Palmetto Bowl.

This opinion may be unpopular, but bear with me.

Much like Clemson, South Carolina's schedule next year is very favorable to them. They've got Coastal, UGA, Marshall, Mizzou, A&M, UT, and Chattanooga at home. Their road schedule is Vandy, UK, Ole Miss, UF, and then Clemson. Assuming they finally beat Kentucky this year, their toughest road game besides Clemson is UF.

September 1 Coastal Carolina W
September 8 Georgia ?
September 15 Marshall W
September 22 @Vanderbilt W
September 29 @Kentucky W
October 6 Missouri W
October 13 Texas A&M W
October 27 Tennessee W
November 3 @Ole Miss W
November 10 @Florida ?
November 17 Chattanooga W
November 24 @Clemson L

Let's say a miracle happens and they upset UGA week 2. Let's say they catch some steam throughout the middle of their season and they roll into the swamp un-defeated and somehow get a win. Let's say they roll into Death Valley next year undefeated. How insane would that game be? I believe it would be the first time the Palmetto Bowl had national implications and would most definitely be a top 4 match up. My buddies give me a hard time saying I'm a closet coot fan for even mentioning the possibility of this, but I just think about how awesome of a gameday it would be if they rolled into Death Valley undefeated. Slim chances, but my goodness that game would be nuts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfactual Opinion on Scar Next Year

May 10, 2018, 11:28 AM

There I fixed it.

null

^ JD..i will agree that Coot FB may shine bright again this year..

May 10, 2018, 11:42 AM

in that they are fixated in closing the gap with Clemson & the secEast..thus trying hard to recruit better players (and have with an incoming 4* QB from Ca & a #1 rated DL from jr college in SC arriving for 2018), raising more $, getting the fan base uplifted with that 2017 9-win season & bowl victory over Mich, having a pretty decent coaching staff that’s working their buttts off, etc.

Saying, they are coming & can surprise a cocky team not named gamecocks.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The biggest boon to SCar recruiting

May 10, 2018, 12:45 PM

is the success that Clemson has had nationally getting top-notch players. This leaves behind players that normally would be Tigertown-bound going down to Columbia instead.

Our rising tide is lifting that old shipwreck.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Listen to your friends...you're certainly as delusional as a

May 10, 2018, 11:35 AM

coot. The most awesome thing would be for them to come in with no wins and then we stomp the tee total $hite out of them.

Message was edited by: tigermaniac®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ I approve this message. ^^^

May 10, 2018, 12:11 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Listen to your friends...you're certainly as delusional as a

May 10, 2018, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Listen to your friends...you're certainly as delusional as a ]

Well I for one would like our rivalry to be as big as it is in baseball or be like Duke-UNC in basketball.

Re: Unpopular Opinion on Scar Next Year

May 10, 2018, 11:37 AM

Last year SC was the worst 9 win team ever. Squeakers over dumpster fire FL and TN. A miracle catch to set up a winning field goal vs LA Tech. Fortunately for the Coots they caugh Mizzou early. Had that game happened later in the year, another loss for SC. To their credit they found a way to win those games and that's all that matters but that hardly makes them good. I don't understand how people think they will beat UGA. UGA lost a ton on defense. The result will be the Dawg D will go from elite to very good. UGA's offense will be bigger and better this year. UGA will win in Columbia by double digits. SC will also lose to Clemson and at least two other games. 8-4, best case.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, like we trust UGA to hold up their end of this

May 10, 2018, 11:45 AM

equation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2018, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Unpopular Opinion on Scar Next Year ]

your D could be anywhere from good to very good but its not gonna win games for y'all

May 10, 2018, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Unpopular Opinion on Scar Next Year ]

Pretty much nailed it! Their schedule could hardly be easier. You just never know if they will get the same kind of breaks they got last year. Their game against Michigan was one of the most boring and pathetic college football games that I ever watched ..... from both schools.

May 10, 2018, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Unpopular Opinion on Scar Next Year ]

They where the worst 6 win team the year before, beat nobody with a pulse. Their best two wins last year were NC State and Michigan and that's because those teams beat themselves. Muschamp has them better, but they're still just an average team. 6-8 wins and that's it. Wait until Florida and Tennessee get back to being respectable, they'll be battling Kentucky for fourth and recent history doesn't favor them in that series.

May 10, 2018, 2:47 PM

Wouldn't do much breath holding on Tennessee's return to wonderful. They used to recruit like we do now. Instead of coming down and plucking a few from the Carolinas, we have stopped that and are plucking some of the Tenn. elites and western Tenn. is about as close to AU and Bama as it is to Knoxville.

Add in the miraculous win over NCSU opening weekend

May 10, 2018, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Unpopular Opinion on Scar Next Year ]

Outgained by 250+ yards but still win the game? Crazy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree

May 10, 2018, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Unpopular Opinion on Scar Next Year ]

I don't see how they do better than 8-4, 7-5 would not surprise me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2018, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Unpopular Opinion on Scar Next Year ]

AFDAWG said:

Last year SC was the worst 9 win team ever. Squeakers over dumpster fire FL and TN. A miracle catch to set up a winning field goal vs LA Tech. Fortunately for the Coots they caugh Mizzou early. Had that game happened later in the year, another loss for SC. To their credit they found a way to win those games and that's all that matters but that hardly makes them good. I don't understand how people think they will beat UGA. UGA lost a ton on defense. The result will be the Dawg D will go from elite to very good. UGA's offense will be bigger and better this year. UGA will win in Columbia by double digits. SC will also lose to Clemson and at least two other games. 8-4, best case.

You're going to have a good OL, and Fromm's got another year of experience...but you look weaker across the skill positions. You guys lost Isaiah Wynn on the OL in Round 1 but you guys have recruited so well at OL I think you'll replace him pretty seamlessly...but the same does not apply to Sony Michel and Nick Chubb, who were both not only first-round talents (I think Chubb's ACL injury is the only thing that knocked him down to Round 2) but were also seniors...your drop-off at RB is going to be substantial. You guys also lost your leading WR Javon Wims to the NFL draft...your next guy, Terry Godwin, caught all of 38 passes for 439 and 6 TD's, no other receiver or TE on the team caught more than 14 balls last season. That's more than poor, but you guys were so dominant in the run game it covered up a myriad of deficiencies in the passing game. That won't be the case this year. Swift and Holyfield are good, but they are not Michel and Chubb (or even close), and incoming frosh Zeus White is coming off an ACL tear.

Defensively? I dunno. Your strength - by a mile - was that LB corps in that 3-4 you run, and all four of those LB's are gone...losing Smith and Carter in particular is going to hurt huge. You guys also lost a couple of anchor DT's in Atkins and Thompson and frankly you haven't recruited near as well on the DL. You say "you're going to be very good" on D - I see a front seven that lost 6 of 7 and is going to be a huge, huge work in progress the first half of the season.

By midseason? Sure. There's talent there. But I do think UGA is going to be very vulnerable to fairly ordinary teams, especially the first half of the season.

I truly think Carolina's got a chance in Week 2. Sorry.

May 10, 2018, 1:40 PM

I can't disagree with most of your points. I think the RB situation will be better than some expect. If the RB corps develops in terms of pass protection, they are going to be very good. There's no lack of talent back there (including the #1 and #3 rated guys) and they'll run behind a bigger and better line. I agree UGA will miss Wims and it doesn't look like we've got another guy his size ready to emerge. I disagree that UGA is going to be any more vulnerable to ordinary teams than anyone else. Every season we typically see a great team lose to someone they shouldn't. It's a big game for SC but I doubt Kirby will be looking past SC to week 3 with Middle Tennessee. I'd be much more concerned about this game if SC's coach was named Spurrier and UGA's Richt.

As for SC, Bentley is inaccurate and inconsistent. Despite the inexplicable love he gets from pundits, I don't think he scares many DCs. Last year they had no ability to run the ball and they return the same bunch of backs this year (anyone game planning for Mon Denson?). Far as I know, they haven't had any earth shattering signees for the O-line. They have some big bodied, athletic receivers but only Samuel has emerged as a real threat and it remains to be seen how well he's recovered. McClendon's approach seems to be - go fast. We'll see how much that helps. SC's defense lacks depth upfront and in the back.

Always love your analysis Quozzel! +1***

May 10, 2018, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Unpopular Opinion on Scar Next Year ]

That is a lot of words. Let me offer a much simpler counter

May 10, 2018, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Unpopular Opinion on Scar Next Year ]

If the 2017 syracuse orangemen can beat the 2017 clemson tigers then any 1 can beat anyone on any given day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

That is a lot of words. Let me offer a much simpler counter

May 10, 2018, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Unpopular Opinion on Scar Next Year ]

If the 2017 syracuse orangemen can beat the 2017 clemson tigers then any 1 can beat anyone on any given day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I agree but that’s approximately twice the amount of words it needed to be.^^^***

May 10, 2018, 3:14 PM

May 11, 2018, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Unpopular Opinion on Scar Next Year ]

quozzel said:
I truly think Carolina's got a chance in Week 2. Sorry.

LOL. Would you care to make a friendly wager on that?

May 10, 2018, 11:39 AM

This is a team that struggled against Vandy, La Tech, Tennessee, and Wofford. There are no easy wins for them, especially with UF and UT getting new coaching staffs.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

May 10, 2018, 11:44 AM

USuCk will not be unbeaten coming into the Clemson game ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2018, 11:42 AM

Funny

Kentucky will get the 5Peat

May 10, 2018, 11:44 AM

UGA and Clemson WILL STOMP them

Tenn,A&M and Florida ,they WILL lose 2-4 of them. All 3 have better HC's than Chump

7-5 and what little bit of Cruiting Mo they have, will fall apart

May 10, 2018, 11:47 AM

But they have Jake! He has been their saviour against us every year! Hey...NEVER. AGAIN. He had a vision!

You either listen to too much Columbia radio, or you have

May 10, 2018, 11:47 AM

too many coot friends and relatives, or you are a coot.

Marshall is better than many believe and are not a guaranteed win.

Georgia lost a lot of talent. But, even if they didn't replace any of it with a truckload of four and five star recruits, which they did, would still be better than the coots.

I would make my TAMU prediction in pencil until we see what they have under a new coach.
Granted it is a rebuilding job but they will likely be better than last year.

Yes, Coot U will have more talent on offense and a new OC with a HUNH offense. But HUNH has been around long enough it won't surprise anyone. They have yet to prove their Oline can hold up. Until they do I'm not sold. defensively, they will be marginally better than last year.

Yes, they may catch lightening in a bottle and go 10-2. More likely 8-4 to 9-3 regular season.

Granted they are not the awful team some Tnetters think they are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's only unthinkable if you don't think it***

May 10, 2018, 11:49 AM

If it looks like a coot and smells like a coot...

May 10, 2018, 11:53 AM

more than likely it's a coot.

you are entitled to your rationale, but please for your sake don’t bet any money on this.

May 10, 2018, 11:59 AM

Gamecocks offense is weak. Their coaching sucks. They are going to play uptempo which means quicker 3 and outs. They will be disappointed this year but something will happen to make them think there is somehow some hope and we will flog them

Sorry, but not only is the opinion unpopular...

May 10, 2018, 12:01 PM

I find it a bit unbelievable:
Florida? and Georgia? ?????
Georgia is the only team on their schedule with talent similar to Clemson's. Florida will not lay down on their coach like last year and is far more talented than South Carolina.
Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Missouri, and Texas A+M listed as wins? The Coots have a good chance of losing at least 2 if not more of those games. Vandy will not be shell-shocked from Alabama this year. Missouri was a far better team at the end of last season than when the ##### played them. Kentucky is the "monkey on their back" that they always find a way to lose to, and Texas A+M is still a fairly talent laden group and trying to prove something. Better chance that they will lose all 4 of those than win all 4. The rest could be correct, but Ole Miss usually plays pretty tough at home. Personally without a Georgia win your prediction looks pretty miraculous to me.

May 10, 2018, 12:01 PM

8-4 is their ceiling, but I’m calling 7-5. Anything more and you need help.

Acting like Coastal, Vandy and UK are gimmes lol

May 10, 2018, 12:04 PM

Marshall beats them

May 10, 2018, 12:06 PM

Let's be realistic...this is prolly a good guestimation

September 8 Georgia L
September 15 Marshall W
September 22 @Vanderbilt 50/50
September 29 @Kentucky 50/50
October 6 Missouri W
October 13 Texas A&M 50/50
October 27 Tennessee 50/50
November 3 @Ole Miss 50/50
November 10 @Florida 50/50
November 24 @Clemson L

You take the 6 50/50 games and split them...which is 3-3...so, my guestimation is probably
7-5...and if they get lucky maybe 8-9 wins at max because the sec east is weak and TAM and Ole Miss are down. But, I would not be shocked if they went 6-6 or 5-7. But, them being undefeated coming to the valley next year is delusional coot logic. never again is not that good.

Here's my prediction...

May 10, 2018, 12:07 PM

September 1 Coastal Carolina L
September 8 Georgia L
September 15 Marshall L
September 22 @Vanderbilt L
September 29 @Kentucky L
October 6 Missouri L
October 13 Texas A&M L
October 27 Tennessee L
November 3 @Ole Miss L
November 10 @Florida L
November 17 Chattanooga L
November 24 @Clemson L

Hth, coot

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Here's my prediction...

May 10, 2018, 12:37 PM

that's much closer to correct than op

question marks beside uga and uf is nutty. those are losses. ut or a&m will be a loss. and on the road at vandy or uk will be a loss. i see minimally 5 losses on schedule.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

My Opinion on Scar Next Year

May 10, 2018, 12:11 PM

7-9 wins. The schedule is favorable. However, guaranteed loses to Clemson and Georgia. Also, SC will lose at least one game against Tenn, Fla, and A&M.

Re: My Opinion on Scar Next Year

May 10, 2018, 12:43 PM

Mizzo will beat them

They were a couple of miracles away from being 6-6

May 10, 2018, 12:23 PM

The talent gap is like the Grand Canyon between us and them. I hope this is some kind of joke?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: They were a couple of miracles away from being 6-6

May 10, 2018, 8:13 PM

Agreed with the talent gap but 2 years ago when we won it all we could have easily lost to Auburn, FSU, NCST, UL, VT, and Bama.

May 10, 2018, 12:31 PM

How are they going to beat Kentucky? Kentucky is their other daddy. They fixin' to get the thumb from a basketball school.

May 10, 2018, 12:43 PM

You are a closest coot.

Unless they all of a sudden found an OLine, DLine, new TE, an actual RB, and a qb who can see through the cage on his custom five head helmet theyll be luck to win 6 or 7. Spurs Up!

Sounds like a Todd Ellis broadcast.***

May 10, 2018, 1:02 PM

UGA and UF are likely L's

May 10, 2018, 1:22 PM

but still a slight chance at winning

I'd say UK, Mizzou, and A&M are all toss-ups. I would be shocked if they came into death valley with less than 2 losses

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2018, 1:36 PM

I understand what you're saying but I think you're giving them too much credit. They did give Georgia a great game, but they also caught them at the perfect time: right after Georgia was ranked #1 in a very long time. It was the perfect let-down spot and South Carolina did a very good job going after them, though ultimately it resulted in a loss. I think they'll be successful, but not nearly as successful as you have them. Here's what I see:

September 8 Georgia L
September 15 Marshall W
September 22 @Vanderbilt ?
September 29 @Kentucky ?
October 6 Missouri W
October 13 Texas A&M ?
October 27 Tennessee W
November 3 @Ole Miss W
November 10 @Florida L
November 24 @Clemson L

I think Georgia's roster is too talented and though South Carolina will likely give them a good fight, Dawgs come out on top.

I put Vandy & Kentucky as a "?" because I think they'll drop one of those games. You'd think that they would beat a team like Kentucky, but they have a 4 year losing streak against them (!!!) and they're playing on the road. Even though they've been successful against Vandy, I think they're a pretty good team and could give the Gamecocks some trouble.

Texas A&M goes to Columbia and they have a new coach...but that new coach is very good and their roster is still incredibly talented. Like Kentucky, Texas A&M has a four year winning streak against the Gamecocks. I think this would be the year to get the W, but it's going to be very difficult.

Despite being crummy over the past few years, Florida still recruits very well and their new coach is familiar with Gainesville and did very well with so-so recruiting at Mississippi St.

Overall, I think Jake Bentley is pretty good QB whose hype greatly outpaced his ability due to a hot start his freshman year against really bad teams. In twenty games he has two 300-yard passing efforts, one of which came against a horrid S. Florida defense. His benchmark wins have come against teams that were about to fire their head coach. In his two years against P5 competition, he has 61.2% completion, and averages 199 yards, 1.3 pass TD and 0.9 INT per game with an adjusted QBR of 59.6. I'm not saying he's terrible, but the hype train got way out in front of him. This year he could be improved, but I still don't think he's necessarily going to push out 10+ win seasons over his last two campaigns, especially considering their losses on defense (only 47% of meaningful defensive production returns this season; 119th in the nation). I think we'll most likely see 9-3, 8-4 seasons. For his final season in 2019, he'll have Alabama, @Georgia & Clemson on the schedule, with Florida, @Texas A&M and Tennessee in the second year of their respective rebuilds. That's going to be very difficult.

May 10, 2018, 1:42 PM

I don't often reply to these kinds of threads, but I had to this time. You must have been smoking something when you typed this out. There is no way the Lamecocks wins over TAMU or Florida. And, I can see them losing also to Kentucky, Tennessee, and Missouri.

Your opinion is not only unpopular but also highly unlikely. They had such a good season last year because the SEC East was in the toilet. Tennessee and Florida will likely be much better this year (they can't be worse). Missouri righted the ship after a terrible start to the season; I think they will make marked improvement as well.

I think it's way more likely USCjr has a five or six win season this year.

Message was edited by: alum94®

Message was edited by: alum94®

May 10, 2018, 7:40 PM

I agree. Also, could see Marshall giving them problems. Depending on what Marshall has coming back (I'm not sure.) Basically, the coots have 2 wins (Coastal and UT Chattanooga). Then they have the three 50/50 games you mentioned (UK, Vandy, Mizzou). I will put Tennessee and Ole Miss in the 50/50 category as well. That's 8 wins, tops and not likely. More like 5, imo.

May 10, 2018, 1:51 PM

8-4 with a bowl loss

DB23

May 10, 2018, 1:55 PM

In my humble opinion, the yardbirds will win 9 games in 2018 and be thrilled. They will lose to Georgia and Clemson by at least 2 touchdowns. They will either lose to ATM or Florida in a close contest. They will get a decent bowl game again and claim they have arrived, having back to back 9 win seasons. Then 2019 will see them descend back into the abyss as Florida and Tennessee return to their normal strength. Unless our guys just fail to show up, I don't see a lost to the chickens for many years. Go Tigers!

May 10, 2018, 1:56 PM

They, like us, also have a very favorable schedule and they're getting the toughest team in their division UGA early in the year with a completely new team. I still do not like their odds as UGA is uber talented still even though they're young but I can see a few young mistakes giving them a win in week 2. If they win that game in week 2 it could shift their whole season. I expect USuC to still slip up somewhere but it definitely would be nice to beat down an undefeated USuC at the end of the season.

May 10, 2018, 8:44 PM

Yes a reasonable person on this board. Lol

Seriously JD don't hold out now where you getting that stuff your smoking today?

May 10, 2018, 2:07 PM

You are seriously tripping!! Yikes

I actually like the way you think!

May 10, 2018, 2:08 PM

Coots have been an enigma for UGA, so shocking them at home would be doable. Beating the rest of those sec/sec-least and filler teams on their schedule would not take much.

Thus, they waltz into Death Valley full of themselves, probably a top 5 team (chanting sec-sec-sec!), and we kick their teeth in.

Then, bama walks on them in the seccg, and after we take out the Tide in the natty, we’ll all watch and listen as li’l Jakey says neither us OR bama was really that much better than them..,,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: I actually like the way you think!

May 10, 2018, 4:50 PM

Enigma for UGA? Where does the perception that SC has some historical advantage over UGA come from? In their last 10 games vs Clemson SC is 5-5. They are 4-6 in their last 10 against Georgia. Clemson has beaten the Coots 4 in a row. UGA has beaten them 3 in a row. Historically, SC has been far more competitive with Clemson than Georgia.

Because of like 3 times X years ago the game was closer than

May 10, 2018, 4:58 PM

we Clemson fans wanted it to be, and that one time they mudholed you circa 2012.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because of like 3 times X years ago the game was closer than

May 10, 2018, 5:02 PM

That 2012 beatdown of UGA was the high mark of their program. They still talk about it like it was a championship game. I wouldn't be surprised to see them hang a banner for it.

May 10, 2018, 2:12 PM

Wonder if in all that horse manure you just laid out if you considered that with all those wins, they were still at the end the 108th ranked total offense, the 99th ranked scoring offense, 110th ranked rushing offense, and the 77th ranked passing offense?
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p3
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/27/p2
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/25/p2
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/23/p3

May 10, 2018, 2:14 PM

They have to find a qb first...

I think you are out of the closet.***

May 10, 2018, 2:29 PM

LOLOL ROTFLMBO LOLERS!***

May 10, 2018, 2:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

May 10, 2018, 3:00 PM

I think it would be much better with all this hope of a 10 win season because of a weak schedule.
That the Coots only win 2-3 games , oh how sweet of a season that would be.
We don’t need them to be good , but we want them to suck.

only one underdog game?? c'mon dude...

May 10, 2018, 4:38 PM

you not only make us question your football acumen but your loyalty as well. yours are homer picks, something I would expect out of todd ellis and tommy suggs...

even in a step back year next year, uga is more talented and has a better coach. florida gets it back this year; they're at home and improved. UK is at home and they will maintain 2017 production. a&m will get the road win; they are going to be looking to kill anyone from this state after we wreck their house. and they better hope that UT is still a mental wreck because they have equal talent to usuck...

this was a nice ploy to get a thread going, but you gotta work on getting the TUs if that is what you really want... LOL

Yeah they have a pretty easy schedule but you forgot the other half

May 10, 2018, 4:43 PM

of the equation. They aren't actually going to be very good. They are going to lose 2-3 of those games that you have marked as Ws. I think best case scenario for them is 8-4.

Are you Manafort?

May 25, 2017, 7:52 PM

You sound like him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good on you..... For getting their hopes up!!!!***

May 10, 2018, 5:13 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also would like to meet the 5 butt nuggets who agreed with this...***

May 10, 2018, 7:49 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FWIW their O/U win total in Vegas is 7

May 10, 2018, 5:36 PM

and that seems spot on to me.

Re: FWIW their O/U win total in Vegas is 7

May 10, 2018, 8:49 PM

Might should take that over. They should go 8-4 but I could see them losing to Kentucky, UGA, A&M, UF, Mizz, and us. Possible another team really. They could have anywhere from 5 to 10 Ws imo.

Crump. the idjit filter is broken.***

May 10, 2018, 5:53 PM

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

May 10, 2018, 8:15 PM

Don't you love how people twist your post and act like you said that they would be undefeated heading into Death valley. I think it would be awesome. Would suck to hear the coots during the season but it would make it sweeter when we beat.

May 10, 2018, 10:16 PM

Dude you hit the nail on the head. If you read my post I clearly say there is a slim chance this becomes a reality, but it would only be an unbelievable game day if it did happen. Clemson would be the definition of electric if it was an un-defeated matchup in the Palmetto Bowl. Thanks for the reply brotha.

May 11, 2018, 3:36 PM

It would be crazy. Nothing like a great gameday in the Valley and that could possible be the best ever if it were us vs the coots both top. I don't agree with the people wanting them to suck. I didn't like the 5 peat they had but those games actually meant something. I hope they can become a consistent top 25 team atleast. I would love for them to come in this year with 1 or less Ls and a top 10 or 5 ranking. I'm with you on thinking that would be awesome stuff. It is nice to kick their butts bad but I love me a good close football game between two highly ranked teams.

Let me fix that for you...

May 10, 2018, 8:31 PM

September 8 Georgia L
September 15 Marshall W
September 29 @Kentucky L (the curse lives on)
October 6 Missouri W
October 13 Texas A&M L (Jimbo has Mushchamp's #, beating him 3 of 4 years by an avg of 20 points)
October 27 Tennessee W
November 3 @Ole Miss W
November 10 @Florida L
November 24 @Clemson L

I think you can flip flop the win & loss with Tenn and Florida there is more talent and depth at UF, and it's at their place so I say Florida. No way they beat both.

I say 9-4 going into Clemson game. Good thing they don't have the Citadel on their Schedule. LOL

May 10, 2018, 8:34 PM

If your gamecocks win less than 8 with that joke of a schedule, Muschamp should be fired. The worst division in P5 football and USC still can’t play for a conference title.

I fixed it for you

May 10, 2018, 10:23 PM

September 8 Georgia L
September 15 Marshall W
September 29 @Kentucky L
October 6 Missouri ?
October 13 Texas A&M L
October 27 Tennessee ?
November 3 @Ole Miss ?
November 10 @Florida L
November 24 @Clemson L

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2018, 10:23 PM

Unless you’re JD Davis, you are crazy.

May 10, 2018, 10:32 PM

Would not be first time with national implications.

May 10, 2018, 11:44 PM

anyone who post garbage like this is nothing but a full blooded COOT.
I see cootU losing at least 4 games this year. Good chance of losing 5. 6 counting the bowl game.
Have fun in Mobile, Alabama.....again

The Majority of their

May 11, 2018, 6:03 PM

STARTING DEFENSE IS NOT COMING BACK AND THEY AVERAGED A PEDESTRIAN 24 POINTS PER GAME ON OFFENSE LAST YEAR.

THEY HAVE AN EASY SCHEDULE - BUT NOT THAT EASY!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 79
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic