Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA ranked #6
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

UGA ranked #6

Nov 4, 2019, 8:17 AM

almost makes me want to quit watching college football.

How can a team lose AT HOME to a team like South Carolina who is down to their 3rd string QB and be ranked ahead of multiple undefeated teams?

What a joke.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would you put money on Baylor or Minnesota to

Nov 4, 2019, 8:19 AM

beat UGA straight up on a neutral field?

Me either.

UGa lost at home to uof5c so anything is possible***

Nov 4, 2019, 8:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I agree that it's possible

Nov 4, 2019, 8:32 AM

I still wouldnt bet on it

Re: Would you put money on Baylor or Minnesota to

Nov 4, 2019, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Would you put money on Baylor or Minnesota to ]

Kirby Dumb would get out coached by both

Probably but fortunately for him he has about 60 more

Nov 4, 2019, 8:33 AM

blue chip recruits on his roster than either of them.

Nov 4, 2019, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Would you put money on Baylor or Minnesota to ]

So this is all based on feelings....why am I surprised?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

A Home Loss to a Garbage USUCK Team - Baylor or Minnesota

Nov 4, 2019, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Would you put money on Baylor or Minnesota to ]

Would win that game 50-50.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2019, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Would you put money on Baylor or Minnesota to ]

What has ugay done to make u think Baylor couldn't beat them. Beat FLA, ooooh?

I didn't say they couldnt, I said i wouldn't bet on it.

Nov 4, 2019, 11:02 AM

It wouldn't be 50-50. Georgia would be like 75-80% favorites to beat either of those teams. The line would likely be double digits.

Clemson would be 14-17 point favorites over either team.

Maybe not, but I definitely wouldn't put money on UGA

Nov 4, 2019, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Would you put money on Baylor or Minnesota to ]

in that game either. How can you trust that they are good?

During this century, have they ever been really good?

Nov 4, 2019, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Would you put money on Baylor or Minnesota to ]

People are haters. The Pitt team that beat us our Natty year was probably about the same level as Usuck is this year. Btw we were at home that game incase some people forgot. UGA is certainly a top 6 team in my eyes.

Nov 4, 2019, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Would you put money on Baylor or Minnesota to ]

It's pointless to try and point out the obvious. The anti-UGA, ESPN, SEC, Finebaum sentiment has destroyed any common sense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia may win the $EC Least...

Nov 4, 2019, 8:28 AM

but they won't beat Bama (with Tua) or LSU.

Georgia still has to play Missouri, Auburn, and Texas A&M. Frankly, I think they lose one of those as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Georgia may win the $EC Least...

Nov 4, 2019, 9:15 AM

I can already see them fall all the way down to 7th haha.

Or we can use the Kirk Herbstriet method and their quality loss means they should move up to #5 because of how good they looked losing.

Re: UGA ranked #6

Nov 4, 2019, 8:29 AM

It’s pretty simple. They are better than those undefeated teams. They would be favored by two touchdowns at least against Minn or Baylor.

Sure they lost against a very bad team. A very very bad team, but that doesn’t mean USuCk is a better team than them. They played terrible, made critical mistakes, and lost. If UNC happened to make that two point conversion against us and we lost, that wouldn’t mean we are a worse team than UNC. It would mean we played terrible for one game.

I think his point is...

Nov 4, 2019, 8:35 AM

if Clemson lost at home to an unranked opponent with a losing record, we would drop so far in the polls there would be virtually no chance to recover and get back in the CFP discussion.

Re: I think his point is...

Nov 4, 2019, 8:42 AM

You mean like losing to a 4-8 Syracuse team 2 years ago and ending up as the #1 team in the CFP?

Syracuse wasn't 4- 8 when we played them.***

Nov 4, 2019, 8:43 AM

They were when we got ranked #1 in the final CFP rankings

Nov 4, 2019, 8:47 AM

though - which is all that really matters.

But but but....the meeeeeediaaaaa!***

Nov 4, 2019, 8:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly***

Nov 4, 2019, 9:15 AM [ in reply to They were when we got ranked #1 in the final CFP rankings ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Syracuse wasn't 4- 8 when we played them.***

Nov 4, 2019, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Syracuse wasn't 4- 8 when we played them.*** ]

They were 3-3 though which still isn't impressive, and we only dropped from #2 down to #7 in the next poll. I'm only pointing this out because I see so many people on here say it's only the SEC teams that barely drop when losing games.

Re: Syracuse wasn't 4- 8 when we played them.******

Nov 4, 2019, 10:49 AM

Re: Syracuse wasn't 4- 8 when we played them.***

Nov 4, 2019, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse wasn't 4- 8 when we played them.*** ]

They were 3-3 though which still isn't impressive, and we only dropped from #2 down to #7 in the next poll. I'm only pointing this out because I see so many people on here say it's only the SEC teams that barely drop when losing games.

If I’m not mistaken UGA dropped 7 spots, and rightfully so, for the loss to SCu.

Nov 4, 2019, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I think his point is... ]

Clemson lost on the road to Syracuse with a injured Kelly Bryant. What's ugay excuse?

Well...in fairness...

Nov 4, 2019, 9:09 AM

they played like **** but still should have won the game.

Nov 4, 2019, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I think his point is... ]

You also tend to forgot a lot of top teams lost that year that let us back in to it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup...

Nov 4, 2019, 10:34 AM

and that could happen for UGa this year too assuming they continue to win as well.

Nov 4, 2019, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: I think his point is... ]

All 4 of the CFP teams had 1 loss that season, and we were ranked #1 so the playoff committee still valued us above the other teams even though we had a bad loss. Georgia shouldn't get in if they lose another game this year, but I don't think the South Carolina loss alone should take them out of consideration.

Nov 4, 2019, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: I think his point is... ]

On the road on a friday night and we lost our QB early in the game.

UGA was facing a team at home who was down to their 3rd string QB who can't throw the ball over 10 yards.

The SEC gets the benefit of the doubt every year in these polls. Rarely do you see a team with the same record ranked higher than an SEC team.

Nov 4, 2019, 5:58 PM

I totally agree with you on this one.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2019, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I think his point is... ]

So what about when we lost to Pitt at home? Ofcourse we had some luck with other teams losing that night but UGA should be in the top 6 or 7 for sure still imo.

Nov 4, 2019, 8:35 AM

Both Baylor and Minnesota have had a very soft schedule so far... now they will play against teams with a pulse is still up for debate.

We know Georgia... they will Georgia it. Plays well against any first string QB but will get wrecked by a backup.

UGA played worse against SCar than Clemson did against UNC

Nov 4, 2019, 8:49 AM

but that doesn't mean that they aren't a good team.

I absolutely think UGA is one of the 6 best teams in College Football. I hate them. I think Clemson would beat them by 2 TDs. But I think they're a very good team.

I think UGa is a top 10 team...

Nov 4, 2019, 8:56 AM

I don't think they are a playoff team.

I also think they would crush Baylor.

I haven't seen Minnesota play enough to accurately assess that match-up.

Re: UGA played worse against SCar than Clemson did against UNC

Nov 4, 2019, 9:13 AM [ in reply to UGA played worse against SCar than Clemson did against UNC ]

Been a life long Georgia fans and long time supporter of Clemson. Don’t disagree with anything you said ... finally glad to hear the true attitude of a champion on TigerNet this season. (Long term member. )

A true champion doesn’t have to degrade anyone to get there point across.

- Sure Georgia is not where Clemson is, program wise.

- Sure CKS is less experienced than Dabo and more apt to make mistakes.

- Sure, Georgia has a much harder road to make the playoffs than Clemson.

- Sure, Georgia had a horrible game and lost to SCu. No excuses from this Dawg fan. Hard to win a game when the DL is in your backfield every single play. As if game decisions were not tough enough but this just multiplies it. (By the way Georgia is not the only top 10 team that has had a tough game. )

In the end, it will play out on the field and Georgia has beaten two teams currently in the top 15, lost to an unranked team, still has a top 15 team on it’s schedule. If and only if they make it through that they will have a top 5 team to play to even possibly earn a trip to the playoffs. Would rather them have Clemson’s odds, but that’s not where they are.

Nov 4, 2019, 9:27 AM

To be quite honest with you I thought Ugay would win CFP this year. Ugay is loaded across the board except at WR. I took off the orange colored glasses and said "well maybe this is the year off the mutt." You guys kept bringing in top 3 classes hard to ignore. Still might have a shot though. But if Cager is your best Wr I dont know.

two things in this photo that uga can't get past....

Nov 4, 2019, 9:31 AM
ks.jpg(87.9 K)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2019, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA played worse against SCar than Clemson did against UNC ]

That is fair. Georgia would be in a world of hurt without him. Perkins still has to develop his skills on getting open. Robertson has not developed as I hoped.

Georgia will have to get much better to have a shot ... much better. All I have is hope at this point. Nothing more, nothing less.

Look at the bright side...

Nov 4, 2019, 9:48 AM

you're in a better position than Florida and you'll both likely win your regular season finale against your in-state rivals.

SEC is overrated; results in bias

Nov 4, 2019, 6:38 PM

Why are we giving Florida credit to some of you defending the Georgia dogs? Their "2nd toughest team on their schedule was Florida. Florida beat up the bottom of the SEC least. UT Martin(fcs). Miami who I believe may have just gotten back to .500 in the ACC. They also beat fcs Towson.

Every large school will play an FCS opponent; but two. Vanderbilt, Tennessee, South Carolina is the bottom of the SEC least.

Georgia gets the benefit of the doubt for playing a team with those credentials, really?

That's what some of you are missing. It's the giving the benefit of the doubt - sight regardless of what they actually show on the field. They(Florida) played toe to toe with their back up QB; and Georgia still gets the SEC-Credit. Really? Why?

Must all be true since all those SEC teams are ranked right? Wrong! Of course they are ranked - the Wyoming Cowboys beat Missouri and yet at one point after that game Missouri was ranked 22nd.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC is overrated; results in bias

Nov 4, 2019, 11:17 PM

C'mon man!! You cannot seriously think UGA isn't a top 7 team. Florida may be overrated idk but they would probably beat Baylor or Minnesota. The SEC is the best conference this year but it is close I believe.

Nov 4, 2019, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA played worse against SCar than Clemson did against UNC ]

Well..

In the defense of many around here your fan base is a close 2nd to U5C in regards to arrogance and delusion. I live around intolerable UGA fans everyday here in GA. Although there are some good ones, like you seem to be, but many of your people are a dread to be around.

That makes it easier to dislike UGA...That and Smart is paying for players.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Nov 4, 2019, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA played worse against SCar than Clemson did against UNC ]

Well..

In the defense of many around here your fan base is a close 2nd to U5C in regards to arrogance and delusion. I live around intolerable UGA fans everyday here in GA. Although there are some good ones, like you seem to be, but many of your people are a dread to be around.

That makes it easier to dislike UGA...That and Smart is paying for players.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Because they started #3. Thats how the AP works and why

Nov 4, 2019, 9:15 AM

the CFP committee system is in place now. This has always been the issue with the AP and Coaches polls

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Because they started #3. Thats how the AP works and why

Nov 4, 2019, 10:41 AM

So you honestly don't think the committee will have Georgia somewhere in the 6-8 range?

It's all about ensuring the SEC gets a team in the CFP.

Nov 4, 2019, 9:33 AM

Now that UGA will represent the East in the SECCG, look for their ranking to go up as far as #4 before the game. That way, no matter who wins the game, the winner is in. Period.

Re: It's all about ensuring the SEC gets a team in the CFP.

Nov 4, 2019, 9:47 AM

Don’t think that will happen. Without decisive wins ... much improved would be required.

Nov 4, 2019, 9:56 AM

I don't have a problem with it. It's just the media. It'll work itself out. IF UGA beats Bama/LSU in the SECCG than we can have a discussion but based on what they have shown thus far I don't think there is even a remote possibility of that happening

Nov 4, 2019, 10:56 AM

Stop dude.

They spared us when we lost to Sh*ttsburg at home...

With a few lucky loses from teams ahead of us we slid right back in. Absolutely no problem with UGA being where they are at.

Nov 4, 2019, 12:11 PM

I would be fine with them sliding back in if teams in front of them started losing but to be ranked ahead of multiple undefeated teams after losing to South Carolina is ridiculous.

Nov 4, 2019, 6:19 PM

You keep talking about being in front of multiple undefeated teams but the two they are in front of are Baylor and Minnesota. We have had a grueling schedule compared to those two so far. If Minnesota beats Penn State this week (I think) then they will probably jump Georgia and they certainly will if they win out. Same think with Baylor, if they win out they will get into the top 4. Nobody expects either to win out, though.

Nov 4, 2019, 11:20 PM

Yep UGA is better than those 2 teams even with the Usuck L. Now I agree if those teams win out they will earn respect but UGA would be a huge favorite in Vegas against Baylor or Minn and with good reason.

Nov 4, 2019, 10:59 PM

If your team loses at HOME to a 5-loss bunch of scrubs, then your team should not even be allowed to sniff the Top Ten. 'nuff said.

Nov 4, 2019, 11:21 PM

You realize we lost to Pitt at home, made the CFP, and won it right?

Nov 4, 2019, 11:21 PM

Exactly what I posted yesterday. They are so proud of Georgia climbing back to #6, after getting spanked by the 120 ranked team in the country. It’s full of media driven sec garbage

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

As much as it pains me to say this, if UGA goes on to win

Nov 5, 2019, 4:52 AM

their remaining four games and the SEC Championship, they deserve to be in the conversation. It’s no different than Clemson losing to Pitt in 2016.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic