Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
U of SuCk would be the second best team in the ACC?? And yet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 4,043

U of SuCk would be the second best team in the ACC?? And yet

Feb 14, 2019, 1:32 PM

they were destroyed 28-0 by the mid-level ACC team The Other White Meat. Sure eSEPpn. Sure.

eSECpn is so obvious. it's disgusting.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25988761/clemson-tigers-get-best-alabama-crimson-tide-again-fpi-preseason-rankings

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

They are desperate to keep the sec teams ranked higher

Feb 14, 2019, 1:43 PM

than they deserve.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: U of SuCk would be the second best team in the ACC?? And yet

Feb 14, 2019, 1:49 PM

I totally believe that below statement was meant to put a big target on our back through out the ACC!!!

The ACC is thin on upper-tier teams. In fact, after Clemson, it has basically ... nothing. Clemson is more than 17 points per game better than every other team in the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...and the SEC, B1G, Big12, Pac12, or any others. Watch.***

Feb 15, 2019, 5:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you aren’t 1st your last!!

Feb 14, 2019, 1:50 PM

FPI= Fantasy prognostication index.

Feb 14, 2019, 1:52 PM

Clearly, you don't understand. They are SEC. They didn't want to be there against UVA.
Also mental errors. And they were worn out from playing those 'tough' teams in the SEC least.

Cuse would beat them like a drum.***

Feb 14, 2019, 1:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does this mean we'll play the Citadel in the ACC title game?

Feb 14, 2019, 1:58 PM

I'm so confused by all this fake news.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2019, 2:03 PM

I get what you're saying, however what would the spread be if Scar played any team in the ACC? FSU/Cuse/VaTech/Miami vs Scar. I see Scar being favored slightly in probably all those games on a neutral field. Doesn't that by default mean they are second best team?

No - I'm not a coot, just playing devils advocate. FSU being ranked 22 FPI preseason is also suspect...what have they done to warrant being in top 25? They have 1 QB

Again this is all on paper during preseason. We know Scar sucks in reality but at this point in time I don't know how you can say they shouldn't be ahead of other ACC teams.

Feb 14, 2019, 2:50 PM

Scar was only favored by 4.5 against UVA who went on to beat the crap out of them. So your saying that Cuse, NCST, BC would all be underdogs? I don't think so. In fact NCST was the favorite to start the season last year.

FPI uses recruiting as a factor in its rankings. My guess, it is used as a heavy factor for preseason rankings. ESPN ranks 11 of 14 SEC teams in the top 25 of recruiting. Now I know Clemson benefits as well, but do we really think the South out recruits the rest of the nation by that margin? How do other teams even compete?

null

Feb 14, 2019, 3:12 PM

NCST was the favorite to start the season? I'm not sure what that means they didn't play last year.

UVA beat Scar in a meaningless bowl game when Scar didn't have their best player. I don't think UVA wins 28-0 if that game is played week 1. Not making excuses for Scar (glad they lost) but we're not comparing the same thing - I'm saying for the upcoming season I think Scar would be favored over any other ACC team (besides clemson) week 1 on neutral field while you are brought up Scar losing to UVA week 13 last year when you have the entire season's data points

I would assume that FPI uses returning starters/production as the lead input for the calc, followed by recruiting to a much lesser degree.

Feb 14, 2019, 4:53 PM

Will scar get their best player back next year?

Feb 15, 2019, 6:21 AM [ in reply to Re: U of SuCk would be the second best team in the ACC?? And yet ]

Predictions are one thing, projections the same, but results on the field count more. 28-0 says all I need to know about the coots on how they would do in the $EC. THe $ec aura is heavy within E$ecPN, always has been, always will be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...u of 5c wouldn't be the second best team in the SoCon***

Feb 14, 2019, 2:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: LOL...u of 5c wouldn't be the second best team in the SoCon***

Feb 14, 2019, 5:18 PM

Go Citadel is all I have to say????

The chickens will take a step back without Deblow

Feb 14, 2019, 2:27 PM

as we saw in the Belk bowl.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They would struggle to finish .500 even with Debo***

Feb 14, 2019, 2:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 14, 2019, 2:39 PM

That is one of the sorriest excuses for a sports article I have ever read. Ridiculous assertions, supported by nothing and he just declares it to be so. Same garbage as the “Bama could beat a Pro Team” lie, from last year. Ridiculous, stupid, unprovable.........and a lie.

Feb 14, 2019, 5:14 PM

I’m all for some good ole coot bashing, but it’s hard to argue that any other team in the acc is better. The acc was god awful last year. Just pathetic. Sure USuCk isn’t a great team by any stretch of the imagination, but they could beat any team in the acc except clemson on any given Saturday.

Feb 14, 2019, 5:24 PM

...and yet they got boatraced by the tied-for-sixth-place ACC team in the bowl game. Come on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Feb 14, 2019, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: U of SuCk would be the second best team in the ACC?? And yet ]

NOT THIS ****

dude what are you smoking? Can you back that up with any facts at all, other than a matrix of guesses passed off as measurable facts ?

Number of returning starters - what if your starters suck.

Recruiting ranking - What if your coaches suck. Plus we just saw on Tnet a fake player got 3 stars.

Any metric that has them listed as a pre-season top 20, is by definition seriously flawed.

Feb 15, 2019, 6:39 AM [ in reply to Re: U of SuCk would be the second best team in the ACC?? And yet ]

Clemson Va, Syracuse, NC State, Miami, Duke, BC, Pitt, VT, and several others would beat them in 19. They shouldn’t be in the top 50.

I would argue that UVA is better than the coots

Feb 15, 2019, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: U of SuCk would be the second best team in the ACC?? And yet ]

But some would disagree based on being stupid

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2019, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: U of SuCk would be the second best team in the ACC?? And yet ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Feb 14, 2019, 8:23 PM

I lost interest when they started defending, them using Tennessee as evidence as to how good the sec is.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2019, 8:43 PM

This says it all about the cooties.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Willie Muschump better watch his chomping. Ballooning fast.***

Feb 15, 2019, 5:32 AM

Feb 14, 2019, 8:50 PM

Clemson’s second string is the second best team in the ACC.

Feb 15, 2019, 7:07 AM

I stopped reading at " people fail to take their eyes off of the W-L record". So I'm assuming he meant a 3 loss sec team is better than any other team with a better record. When will it end?

where does it say any of that?***

Feb 15, 2019, 8:26 AM

Best Is The Standard

Re: where does it say any of that?***

Feb 15, 2019, 11:32 AM

see the table of FPI rankings?

they have Clemson's FPI ranked at #1. The next ACC team is FSU at #22. U of the Suck is ranked by eSECpn at #19.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Tell that to UVA 28-0***

Feb 15, 2019, 10:25 AM

Feb 15, 2019, 3:12 PM

UVA was hardly better than them, if at all, so it definitely stands to reason.

GO TIGERS

Replies: 32
| visibility 4,043
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic