Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who will stand out in this year's spring game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Who will stand out in this year's spring game?

Apr 4, 2019, 8:41 AM

I have to admit that even though Trevor played well in last year's game, I was not as impressed as the media was with his bomb for a TD. I thought it was kind of thrown up for grabs. Wrong or right on that particular play, Trevor proved that he was the real deal.

I am looking forward to being in the stands Saturday, and am anxious to see who shines. Expectations are off the charts for all of the offensive skill players, so my money is on a youngster on the defensive side to grab the spotlight. What do you think?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the young DE’s

Apr 4, 2019, 9:04 AM

Foster looked close to unblockable last year and I’ll call my shot and say it’s Mascoll this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who will stand out in this year's spring game?

Apr 4, 2019, 9:28 AM

Drew Swinney

Tyler Davis

Apr 4, 2019, 9:58 AM

baby Dex! well I wont say that yet, but i'm excited about him.

Re: Tyler Davis

Apr 4, 2019, 10:02 AM

+1

Re: Tyler Davis

Apr 4, 2019, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Tyler Davis ]

I will prob have to agree with you on baby Dex having a great spring game. We have all heard great things about him from coaches so I am lookin forward to seeing what Tyler Davis looks like. I also think Shaq Smith will have a big spring game. Other players I will be watchin I’ll have to say to see is what Kendricks looks like at CB, Carmen is another big one I want to see play well. Then prob the freshman WRs, even tho we have awesome wr talent infront of these guys I def think one maybe 2 with ngata and ladson making a good impact to the offense, I don’t think it will be like Ross last year but maybe like Tee his freshman year or Cain’s freshman year, started off slow but caught fire towards fbe end of the season. Go Tigers!!!

Apr 4, 2019, 10:02 AM

KJ Henry

Kind of hope it's Carman

Apr 4, 2019, 10:13 AM

I think we are going to be strong at DE again this year and if Carman wins that battle I'll assume that he's doing a great job rather than our DEs across from him struggling.

Re: Kind of hope it's Carman

Apr 4, 2019, 10:53 AM

Bad part is that if I'm correct, Carman would likely normally line up with Xavier Thomas on the line...don't know if they'll be on opposite teams in the spring game, but I'm sure he's been a handful for Carman to get used to blocking.

Re: Kind of hope it's Carman

Apr 4, 2019, 10:56 AM

kendrick

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Apr 4, 2019, 10:17 AM

Damm Griff ... you have high standards. After spring practice I’d heard TL16 was legit. After spring game, I knew it. With TL16 considered the #1 draft pick if draft eligible his frosh year, you don’t improve on that.

That said, this team is bursting with potential — at DL, LB, DB, everywhere. Building depth and rotations will be key over the spring, summer and fall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure I understand

Apr 4, 2019, 10:46 AM

I was impressed with TL after the spring game last year...just didn't think that one particular throw was as spectacular as most people thought. I wouldn't trade him for a zillion dollars. I agree that it appears there is little apparent room for him to improve, but he will probably get even better, in spite of that.

Apr 4, 2019, 10:21 AM

Shaq Smith

That's another one I'm certainly hoping for

Apr 4, 2019, 2:00 PM

I hate to label a kid a "disappointment," especially when he has 2 years of eligibility remaining, but he was a 5* coming out of HS and he's barely contributed during his first 3 years in the program. We really need him to make the leap this year.

Apr 4, 2019, 10:23 AM

ETN on offense

XT on defense

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Apr 4, 2019, 10:29 AM

I have a low football IQ so can't really answer this question, I just hope that XT has been told that he's not allowed to sack TL!

You and me both!

Apr 4, 2019, 10:48 AM

+1 for your honest post

I am not much of a football coach, and really ignorant on recruiting, so every time I make a "football" post, I get called out. I guess I should just stick to my normal sunshine pumping, no substance posts, and let the experts talk about what happens on the field. LOL!

Re: You and me both!

Apr 4, 2019, 6:19 PM

Sounds like a good plan for me too!

Apr 4, 2019, 10:39 AM

In response to your first comment, do you play on the Bama defense?

As an answer to your question I will go with Taisun P.

I think the young WRs will be better than the young DBs and I think Taisun will get the benefit of that later in the game.

I think it will stand out because nobody is talking about him and expectations are almost nonexistent.

Apr 4, 2019, 10:51 AM

LOL, I thought about that when I posted that. But that was what I thought of one throw, 9 months before the national championship game, and without the benefit of having seen him play a meaningful down against another team.

FWIW, the comments attributed to the Bama D were just sour grapes excuses. Dead wrong (as was I, apparently).

Frank Ladson.. mark it down.***

Apr 4, 2019, 10:41 AM

Isn't it great to have so many to choose from for the stand

Apr 4, 2019, 10:57 AM

out of the game? Since we have heard so much about him pre-game, Derion Kendrick.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

The first string

Apr 4, 2019, 11:03 AM

and second string

and probably the third string.

Apr 4, 2019, 2:04 PM

They had better put TL and Ross on different teams, otherwise the score will be very lop-sided. Add Tee Higgins to that too. Those guys have to be separated to keep it interesting.

the practice after the youth event that month it was Ladson

Apr 4, 2019, 2:57 PM

who made the most plays. At the same time he has more to prove in practice than Tee and Ross so i understand that aspect but...he looked like a player for sure.

Apr 4, 2019, 2:07 PM

Aidan Swanson

Chase Brice

Apr 4, 2019, 2:32 PM

TL will see limited action. I’m hoping Chase lights it up and continues to do so all season long in extended mop-up duty.

Re: Chase Brice

Apr 4, 2019, 6:24 PM

TL is going to see the same amount of action as the rest. The QB's aren't going to be live and he's a big part of the recruiting showcase.

As Always

Apr 4, 2019, 2:37 PM

the young persons who surf down the hill.

Apr 4, 2019, 3:40 PM

TY LUCAS

Apr 4, 2019, 9:53 PM

Ngata, Ladson, and the raw talent along the DL.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic