Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Listening to Monte's Postgame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Listening to Monte's Postgame

Jun 3, 2018, 11:33 PM

He sounds like Dabo did in his C-ing rant post GT. Pure emotion, you can tell that he knows that people weren't going to be satisfied (i.e. half this board) but he doesn't care. He cares about this team, he wants them to get the recognition they deserve, you can't ask more from a coach after a defeat like that.

I think that all the people calling for his job already should give it a listen.

Message was edited by: TurnerK28®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Listening to Monte's Postgame

Jun 3, 2018, 11:42 PM

He may not have given us the results we want but can you find a coach that loves his players and team more than he does? I doubt it. He loves Clemson and this team and will do everything in his power to get us to Omaha next year

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2018, 11:43 PM

Yes, he coaches the team across the street

Two things there:

Jun 4, 2018, 12:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Listening to Monte's Postgame ]

First, I've either played for or coached with around a dozen college baseball coaches. They ALL love their players. Trust me, you don't put in the hours these guys do because of winning and losing. Second, he's absolutely doing everything in his power to get us to Omaha. ####, he's doing everything he can to get us to a Super. But his best isn't good enough right now. Real life doesn't reward effort, it rewards results. His best better get better or we can find someone else to come here and love their players.

Re: Two things there:

Jun 4, 2018, 12:38 AM

I understand where you’re coming from but as a coach you can only do so much, sooner or later the players have to come up clutch and get a hit with RISP for example. All Monte can do is teach them the best way to put a good swing on the ball and be ready for different pitchers and their approach at the plate. Hope Monte can get that big freshman class with the “it” factor in the next year or two to help us get there

To an extant that's true...

Jun 4, 2018, 12:44 AM

hut we've seen a trend in these teams that's getting more and more exaggerate too. It looks like philosophy on offense. Every year we're hitting for more power but with more Ks, and less base knocks.

Jun 4, 2018, 5:04 AM [ in reply to Two things there: ]

"Real life doesn't reward effort , it rewards results "

You reckon getting a regional every year he has been here is a decent result for his efforts ? Or winning the ACC ?
I think his 3rd year was fantastic , just didn't have a pretty ending .
I can live with this teams effort , the results were tepid but there's no doubt the baseball team is in good hands .
Of course , I am not a coach and haven't been around or played for at least a dozen college coaches . Am I disqualified in my assessment ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 4, 2018, 5:52 AM

I was surprised we won as many games as we did this year considering we had zero starts returning from the pitching staff and losing Pinder and Rohlman's bats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Jun 4, 2018, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Two things there: ]

Who can you find right now? I’ll wait!

Jun 4, 2018, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Two things there: ]

lol another coach superstar on Tnet.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Jun 4, 2018, 12:03 AM

Anyone calling for monte's job is a absolute moron. Literally doesn't get baseball and should stop commenting about it in tnet. Monte will get us there eventually.

It sounds like someone who doesn't get it...

Jun 4, 2018, 12:27 AM

If he thinks he can hang his hat on winning some regular season games and a cute record of most 1-run wins in CU history than he is mistaken. This is big boy baseball, not CofC. We don't give participation trophies here and we surely don't stroke off a team that loses home Regionals three straight seasons.

If he wants to whine about getting the respect they deserve than do something to deserve it. We won a bunch of games on a pathetic schedule, and then got embarrassed... at home... again.

He's either begging for some validation or he actually thinks they accomplishes something this year. Either way, come out and say you love your guys, but don't come at everyone else telling us we've gotta love what they did too.

I still can't figure out if you're a bad fan or a coot troll***

Jun 4, 2018, 12:45 AM

Re: It sounds like someone who doesn't get it...

Jun 4, 2018, 1:00 AM [ in reply to It sounds like someone who doesn't get it... ]

As far as the three major sports, baseball coaches have the least influence on the play of the players. IMO. It comes down to the players. We were up and down all season. yes, the record is good, but we were not a consistent team, we won a bunch late, at the end on a HR, etc. Gotta get a few better players, need some hitters for average, a couple pitchers,. It's about the players playing.

What a sad life you must live...

Jun 4, 2018, 8:13 AM [ in reply to It sounds like someone who doesn't get it... ]

...take your childish foot stomping somewhere else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

I’m guessing that’s exactly what the dozen coaches

Jun 4, 2018, 9:50 AM

hes either played for or coached with told him as well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, they accomplished a lot this year. There’s a big

Jun 4, 2018, 12:53 PM [ in reply to It sounds like someone who doesn't get it... ]

difference in fans being critical or being an asshat...you are falling on the asshat side. If you demand perfection then you shouldn’t be a college sports fan. Sounds like the pros are more your style. HTH.

Re: It sounds like someone who doesn't get it...

Jun 4, 2018, 2:28 PM [ in reply to It sounds like someone who doesn't get it... ]

lol @ this BS.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Jun 4, 2018, 12:05 PM

Well, I am not calling for him to go. But I did question some big blunder decisions IMHO. I didn't think the starting pitchers were the right mix for Vandy #1, St John or Vandy #2. But the biggest blunder was putting Meredith in Slot 1 in the batting order. Kid hasn't played since April. I mean, OK you want to play him. Let him bat 7-9 range. Not #1.

Jun 4, 2018, 12:25 PM

The goal is to get on base and get the runners around to score. A walk is as good as a hit, except you can't ever get an extra base walk. Bunch the guys up that get on base the most and you will score the most runs usually.

We hardly ever hit off speed stuff when we swing for power. put the bat on the ball. Choke up!!!

A good season, we just fell short. We just have to get over the hump...one day!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2018, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Listening to Monte's Postgame ]

The goal is to get on base and get the runners around to score. A walk is as good as a hit, except you can't ever get an extra base walk. Bunch the guys up that get on base the most and you will score the most runs usually.

We hardly ever hit off speed stuff when we swing for power. put the bat on the ball. Choke up!!!

A good season, we just fell short. We just have to get over the hump...one day!

The second baseman for the Gamecocks when they beat Clemson in Omaha, was a Clemson legacy player that never got offered, if I remember correctly. He almost single handily beat Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic