Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Two sport Stars?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,384

Two sport Stars?

Jun 27, 2018, 8:10 AM

None of us besides Joe21 were probably around to see Banks McFadden play, so I have a question. Who is your vote for best two sports star at Clemson?

Mine would be Mike Eppley. Great option QB for Saint Danniford, and a much underrated point guard for the basketball team. Others?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two sport Stars?

Jun 27, 2018, 8:14 AM

yep, I met Mike after Clemson as he called on my company for business reasons. Very nice young man.
Another on this list should be Stan Rome who played hoops and football. Eventually had sever years in the NFL as I recall

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 9:04 AM

Stan was tutored by my mom when he was at Clemson. He was certainly a fine young man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 9:19 AM

seemed to be. I always wished his son had signed w us

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 8:16 AM

DJ Reader or Kyle Parker

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nuk played a year or two of basketball at Clemson

Jun 27, 2018, 8:16 AM

Didn't DJ Reader play some baseball?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did Obed Ariri and Donald Igwebuike keep playing soccer

Jun 27, 2018, 8:50 AM

after they started kicking for the football team? I know the
seasons run together so it would have been awfully difficult.

Jun 27, 2018, 8:22 AM

Jacoby Ford if counting track stars. There was a period where track stars were our best players. We had multiple wrs and dbs play both sports

Jun 27, 2018, 8:42 AM

Billy Wingo.

Jun 27, 2018, 9:20 AM

very true and I knew him. My bad for not getting him here

I'm sure we've had plenty of kickers that were soccer stars

Jun 27, 2018, 8:49 AM

Kyle Parker played baseball, right? Can't remember if he was good at baseball.

Snowflake Basher........Out

He was drafted by the Rockies....

Jun 27, 2018, 8:53 AM

and played for the Ashville Tourist for a little bit, but now hes on tv/radio for big baseball games in Clemson

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

He could have gone pro in baseball his Jr year.

Jun 27, 2018, 9:02 AM

All we had for a QB had he left was Tajh. Kyle got speared in Auburn while he was on the ground. It did some serious damage to his rib cage and he became gun shy. We lost that game due to his injury and he wasn't the same the remainder of that season. The officials didn't flag the hit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here

Jun 27, 2018, 9:26 AM

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=205704750

Roger Collins is an interesting one.

A number of 3 sport Hall of Fame Members.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Two sport Stars? Babalola (?sp) played football

Jun 27, 2018, 9:30 AM

for about 5 minutes at Clemson. Does that count?

Jun 27, 2018, 10:50 AM

In the last 50 years, I'd have to go with Mike Eppley. It's hard to top being the FB QB and BB Point Guard.

Second choice for me in the last 50 would be Kyle QB. Again, being the Football QB carries a lot of weight with me, especially for a guy whose best sport was baseball.

My third choice is Stan Rome. Rome was an excellent receiver and a nice basketball player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 7:09 PM

The Spiers family has some good dual sport athletes I believe, punter on the football team and all American on the diamond

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,384
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic