Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did ND make the case that they should be in a conference?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,050

Did ND make the case that they should be in a conference?

Dec 30, 2018, 11:57 AM

Will all the bias towards elevating ND when they don't deserve it now be quashed? ND has been living off their reputation for well over 50 years and is probably undeserving of getting the nod. They have proven time and time again as a failed team when going to the bowl games. With the destruction of ND last night can we finally drop the "Power 5 plus ND" nonsense. Personally, I wish that ND was told they would not be invited to the CFP as they are not a Power 5 member. While we all really enjoyed making an example of ND how can the leprechuans continue to be given preferential treatment moving forward. I think last night ND has made a great case why the CFP committee should not make this mistake again.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did ND make the case that they should be in a conference?

Dec 30, 2018, 12:05 PM

They also gave a great explanation why they are not in a conference. If they had played Clemson in the ACC Championship game they would not have been playing last night.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two legitimate reasons that this won't effect ND being in a conference...

Dec 30, 2018, 12:08 PM

1. Notre Dame's schedule wasn't "bad." They do a good job of consistently scheduling programs with a pulse. It's not their fault USC is down right now. Playing Michigan, USC, Florida State, Virginia Tech and Stanford would normally provide an extremely difficult strength of schedule. It was just bad luck that they are all (except for Michigan) down this year. Also, they don't have a FUrman on their schedule. We play an FCS school every year. They don't.

2. Being in a conference doesn't matter because conference championships are not a prerequisite for getting in the playoffs. They serve as a potential boost for those teams who win one, so it's a double-edged sword. Had UGA only had one loss, and Oklahoma been undefeated, then an undefeated Notre Dame may have been jumped. We already have multiple conference champs every year who sit out.

I think the biggest take-away from this game is that Clemson is awesome. Not sure why people are always itching to usher in change. We blew out an undefeated Notre Dame. Yay us. That's it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree w/you but the grey beards

Dec 30, 2018, 12:13 PM

ClemBert® I agree with your post 100%. I feel the same exact way. I don't think the ND love affair will stop until some of the long in the tooth, grey bearded, I remember Tony Rice, Rocket Ishmael and L. Holtz ND folks retire. As long as they are around and are influential in the conversation this junk will keep happening! As the younger folks come in who are influential to the discussion; they won't care about all that talk. Their vision of ND will be weak! In fact, they likely won't see them as a power 5 team.

Throw Southern Cal in there too.

Michigan too.

Texas as well! Although Texas and Southern Cal were more recently relevant. 2005 I think it was. Heck, Bamer hadn't started it's run at that time. Neither had Clemson!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did ND make the case that they should be in a conference?

Dec 30, 2018, 12:32 PM

There are two constants that never change:
1. The main-stream-media is the propaganda wing of the democrat party
2. The main-stream-media will always favor the drunks of South Bend

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,050
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic