Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tua may be out vs. LSU...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Tua may be out vs. LSU...

Oct 22, 2019, 3:16 PM

Walt is saying that others are reporting Tua out for LSU.
Could this be setting Bama up for a mulligan vs. LSU with implications of getting a SEC champ (LSU) in and 11-1 Bama once again? Bring it. I'd love to go through both to get the next ring!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course the media will use that as an excuse for Bama

Oct 22, 2019, 3:17 PM

when they lose to LSU. Bama loses without Tua, he comes back, and Bama finishes the year strong. They will say that Bama deserves to be in the playoffs despite losing to LSU since Tua was out.

I think they would lose to LSU regardless, but this is perfect for the Tide.

I hate the SEC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Of course the media will use that as an excuse for Bama

Oct 22, 2019, 4:58 PM

I hope LSPU thrashes and trashes 'Bammer.

Bama has to play Auburn on the road. I'm picking Auburn in

Oct 22, 2019, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Of course the media will use that as an excuse for Bama ]

that one. I said after week 2 of this season that Bama will lose two games during the season. My picks to beat them were LSU and Auburn.

We'll see.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tua may be out vs. LSU...

Oct 22, 2019, 3:20 PM

Although yes, that also sets up this narrative. Alabama loses to LSU without Tua, LSU loses rematch vs UF in the SEC champ game (if UF wins out).

UF 12-1 LSU 12-1 Alabama 11-1 all with asterisks as UF would avenge their only loss, LSU have signature wins vs Auburn, Alabama and UF and one of the 2 head to heads vs the team it lost to, Alabamas only loss being without Tua vs SEC west champ. I trust we would still get in but I don't want my faith going into the bias of the committee on this one.

Oct 22, 2019, 3:21 PM

I think he is out or extremely limited for the rest of the year. They were beatable before this ... only strengthens my resolve.

Keep cool heads. Clemson will win out for the season and playoffs are 100% sure ...

Oct 22, 2019, 5:00 PM

I concur. The committee is a much more representative group than the AP (Absolutely Pathetic) and will do it right.

Oct 22, 2019, 3:25 PM

It's no secret that the committee considers injuries while ranking teams. We received the benefit when Deshaun went down vs Syracuse few seasons ago.

Kelly Bryant not DW***

Oct 22, 2019, 3:30 PM

Oct 22, 2019, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Tua may be out vs. LSU... ]

And we won that game something like 59-0

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 22, 2019, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Tua may be out vs. LSU... ]

And we won that game something like 59-0

And we lost that game...

Oct 22, 2019, 5:11 PM

and eventually lost to Bama in teh playoff.

Oct 22, 2019, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Tua may be out vs. LSU... ]

Clemson also beat more ranked teams that year than any other of the teams going into the playoffs if I remember correctly with road wins vs NC State, Virginia Tech, home win vs Auburn, road win vs U5C.

Oct 22, 2019, 3:26 PM

I think it is too early to tell if he will play, but I hope he does play so they have no excuse if they lose and therefore less chance of the SEC getting 2 teams in the playoffs.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 4:20 PM

You “hope he plays so they have no excuses”??? Have you been following the last 9 months? They have a warehouse full of excuses at the ready.

Its insane this is even a question

Oct 22, 2019, 3:28 PM

No way he should be allowed to play 20 days after surgery!

Sorry Excuse Conference***

Oct 22, 2019, 3:30 PM

Oct 22, 2019, 3:36 PM

Sounds like he will be out for sure.

Oct 22, 2019, 3:39 PM

I think it'll be a talking point without a doubt if that were to happen. However, I don't think the Bama case for making it in at 11-1 in that case would be very strong if we had unbeaten LSU, Oklahoma, Clemson, and Ohio State, or perhaps even a 1 loss Ohio State that wins the Big 10.

Let's say someone was trying to compare them at 11-1 to Clemson at 13-0. A loss to LSU would leave Auburn as the only current top 25 team on Bama's schedule. A&M was ranked at the time Bama played them, but Clemson also played A&M who was ranked even higher at the time of the game. Bama's cross division opponents were a very bad Tennessee team, and South Carolina who Clemson would have also beaten. The rest of the West division wins for Bama would have been Arkansas(currently 2-5) Miss State(currently 3-4) and Ole Miss(currently 3-5). How impressive the Auburn win would look would depend on how the rest of the season goes for Auburn, but if Auburn lost to LSU and Georgia they'd still be somewhere in the top 25, but certainly not in the top 10 any longer.

So best case would be that Bama would have 1 win over a ranked team(2 if you count A&M) compared to 0 for Clemson(1 if you count A&M) and that's only if Wake losses again and falls back out of the top 25, or if the Coastal winner ends up not being ranked.

Members of the media could talk it up all they'd want, but no way would that 1 win over Auburn get them in ahead of a 13-0 P5 conference winner, especially not the defending champions who beat them 44-16 less than a year prior.

Oct 22, 2019, 3:41 PM

Yes, zero chance a 1-loss Bama (or 1-loss anybody) gets in ahead of undefeated Clemson, Oklahoma, or Ohio St.

A 1-loss Bama could only bump another 1-loss team.

Oct 22, 2019, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Tua may be out vs. LSU... ]

'Bammer not as strong this year. But if they do prevail over LSPU without Tungaviolet, then the paper tigers will be out.

Oct 22, 2019, 3:39 PM

Auburn will beat Bama and make this irrelevant.

From the Bama games I have seen, that defense has legit issues that are not going to be fixed this year.

Oct 22, 2019, 3:47 PM

Tua will be OK because of this;

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/SEC-Shorts---Alabama-fan-set-to-donate-ankle-to-Tua-26191543

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to steal Walt's thunder, when I first heard the news

Oct 22, 2019, 3:51 PM

I thought the same thing ... they are setting things up to put two $EC teams in the CFP.

If I can see that, everyone on the CFP committee members should see that and punish UAla for trying to play the system and use the media's $EC bias.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Nobody knows that yet. I'm sure both Tua and the Alabama

Oct 22, 2019, 3:55 PM

staff are hoping he will be able to play against LSU and that's almost certainly going to be a game day decision. They aren't going to rule him out this far in advance.

And there's just no way Alabama wants to punt that game and attempt to lobby their way in. 11-1 Bama, Tua or no Tua for the LSU game, is not getting in ahead of any of the following:

13-0 ACC Champ Clemson
13-0/12-1 SEC Champ LSU or 12-1 SEC Champ UGA/Florida
13-0/12-1 Big Ten Champ OSU or Penn State
13-0/12-1 Big XII Champ Oklahoma

There's also no guarantee they would get in ahead of:

12-1 Pac Ten champ Oregon
12-1 ACC champ Clemson

That leaves them on the outside hoping for other teams to slip up.

They are much better off letting Tua give it a go at 75-80% and attempting to beat LSU - which they can absolutely do. LSU and Bama are very similar this year - two of the best offenses in the country but with defenses quite a bit below their usual standards. With a healthy Tua i guarantee you that Bama at home would've been favored over LSU by something like 4-7 points. Vegas would have Bama as a slight favorite on a neutral field and then throw in ~4 points for home field. With Tua gimpy but likely to play it might be closer to a pick'em. Without Tua LSU probably becomes at least a TD favorite.

Oct 22, 2019, 3:57 PM

If bama losses to LSU that could mean by the end of the year that they only have one top 25 win (Auburn). I'm not sure how a non conference champ with that resume would even be considered for the playoff.

It would be very difficult. They would need a lot of help.***

Oct 22, 2019, 4:05 PM

Oct 22, 2019, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Tua may be out vs. LSU... ]

Meh.....like I've said - I don't think they beat LSU and Auburn with Tua. If....HUGE if here...they are playing this game (and I 99.9% don't think they would even attempt it), it would be very risky move because 2 loss non-SEC champ Bama ain't getting in. If Big10, Big12 and ACC champ go undefeated, no non-SEC champ is getting in.

Period.

Oct 22, 2019, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Tua may be out vs. LSU... ]

Because in the SEC, it just means more?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 4:23 PM

they're not putting out information like that this far in advance. fake news.

If Tua doesn't play and LSU beats Bama by 10+ points while

Oct 22, 2019, 4:42 PM

putting 35+ on Alabama, then the argument that Tua's absence resulted in the loss may not hold much water with the CFP. At the end of the day, the CFP is going to look at Bama as a whole (offense AND defense) and if Bama's defense gets smoked then Tua's absence in the game will probably not count for much with the CFP Committee. Bama is not a balanced team (rely on passing for 68% of their offensive production) whose defense struggles at times - the CFP Committee will see this and make judgements accordingly.

Where the trouble may come in is if this is a 3 point or less game regardless of who wins. My gut tells me that LSU is going to beat Bama, in Tuscaloosa with our without Tua. However, LSU has repeatedly found a way to lose to Bama in the Saban era so who knows what will happen. While I prefer that LSU win, at the end of the day, I just want a decisive victory for whoever wins so we can put the "two teams from the SEC in the CFP" talk to rest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 4:52 PM

The video I saw (https://www.scoi.com/patient-resources/education/tightrope%E2%84%A2-fixation-ankle-syndesmosis) says the patient will initially not be able to bear weight and it takes 6-12 weeks, then when Dr has determine the patient has healed properly, then the patient can begin rehabilitation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 5:00 PM

He was back in 4 weeks last year when he had the procedure done on his other ankle.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was that for a normal person using a normal doctor

Oct 22, 2019, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Tua may be out vs. LSU... ]

and doing normal PT, etc? Because none of that is true here.

Oct 22, 2019, 4:54 PM

I don't think he will play and regardless I don't think Bama wins this game. I don't have faith in either teams defense, nut to this point I like LSU's offense more than Bama's.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama would be favored with both teams at full strength***

Oct 22, 2019, 5:09 PM

Oct 22, 2019, 6:00 PM

TigerPaulS said:

Walt is saying that others are reporting Tua out for LSU.
Could this be setting Bama up for a mulligan vs. LSU with implications of getting a SEC champ (LSU) in and 11-1 Bama once again? Bring it. I'd love to go through both to get the next ring!

Is this today's TNET conspiracy theory?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

Well, if that happens, and Bama beats them soundly with

Oct 22, 2019, 6:27 PM

a backup QB, that ought to end any noise about LSU getting into the playoffs. I still say Joe Burrow has a cubic zirconia game in his pocket, and he pulls it out for Bama. Maybe even for Mall Zone and Awbarn this weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 7:19 PM

You're assuming Bama beats Arkansas next week without Tua.

I dunno about that. Bama looked highly suspect against Tennessee after Tua went down. I know Arkansas is really, really bad and all...but is Bama a lock to win that game?

Bama doesn't run well and their D is distinctly mediocre this year. And Matt Jones looked wretched against Tennessee.

They're favored by 35 even without Tua

Oct 22, 2019, 7:25 PM

The +35 bet is definitely interesting, but there's almost no way they will beat Bama.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic