Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump says he would be willing to accept dirt on a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Trump says he would be willing to accept dirt on a

Jun 12, 2019, 10:07 PM

political opponent from a foreign government, would not call the FBI.

"Trump also criticized FBI Director Christopher Wray's comments during a congressional testimony last month in which he told lawmakers that “the FBI would want to know about” any foreign election meddling.

"The FBI director is wrong," he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-hear-dirt-2020-opponents-fbi

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/i-think-i-would-take-it-trump-expresses-willingness-to-take-opposition-research-from-foreign-governments

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's pretty unbelievable...

Jun 12, 2019, 10:21 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's pretty unbelievable...

Jun 12, 2019, 10:29 PM

Scary business from a U.S. President...no matter who he is.

and nothing will be done as we continually sink to new lows***

Jun 12, 2019, 11:01 PM

I would love to hear a politician say...

Jun 13, 2019, 6:17 AM

"I would not listen to "dirt" from anyone, from a foreign government, or an American citizen, on the opposing candidate, because I am not running my campaign on the bad things about my opponent. I am running because of these good things that I think I can do if elected."

That's what they all say. Right before they go meet with a

Jun 13, 2019, 7:20 AM

Source dishing out dirt. And actually the politician doesn't even do the meeting. A minion for the campaign does and reports back. That's how it works.

Onky saying this because I know several "menions". ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would love to hear a politician say...

Jun 14, 2019, 1:00 AM [ in reply to I would love to hear a politician say... ]

"I would not listen to "dirt" from anyone, from a foreign government, or an American citizen, on the opposing candidate, because I am not running my campaign on the bad things about my opponent. I am running because of these good things that I think I can do if elected."

A Bush campaign staffer offered the Gore campaign a copy of Bush's debate preparation notes.

The Gore campaign immediately called the FBI.

Unlike Trump and about a 3rd of politicians, some actually care about America more than their own political futures..

Re: I would love to hear a politician say...

Jun 14, 2019, 4:11 PM [ in reply to I would love to hear a politician say... ]

Tulsi Gabbard comes pretty close to that.

That's Trump begging for help he knows he needs from foreign

Jun 13, 2019, 8:11 AM

countries. I would imagine we'll see a lot of countries trying to curry favor from Trump by digging for dirt on Democrats given the lack of preventative action and Trump begging for help. Saudi Arabia, Russia, China, et al. will be working hard to give him what he's asked for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol..so you're (still) back to thinking the Russians won

Jun 13, 2019, 9:08 AM

Trump the election with Facebook ads.

Wow..this really was the gift that keeps on giving.

Re: lol..so you're (still) back to thinking the Russians won

Jun 13, 2019, 9:30 AM

You would have to be pretty naive to think it couldn't be a factor.

Anything could be a factor

Jun 13, 2019, 9:41 AM

but I've never read anything that said those ads swung the race for Clinton. She even said it didn't--she said it was Comey's re-opening of the email investigation. That, and ignoring some key states she thought she'd win.

And didn't Hillary have just as many ads placed for her as Trump did?

Re: Anything could be a factor

Jun 13, 2019, 10:03 AM

How would anyone really know if they were a factor? Could be or might not be. It's not odd to think they could have been. Anyway, my theory of what was a way bigger factor was the media. They told all of the libs that Hillary was a lock, so many libs didnt even bother to vote. They wanted to say they didnt vote for her, but they didnt realize Trump would actually win.

Jun 14, 2019, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Anything could be a factor ]

You walk into a bank and rob the cashier. Unfortunately the Brinks truck has just left and the bank has no money.

So, the bank robber leaves.

According to your logic, the robber shouldn't be charged because he didn't actually take any money.

And by the way, you keep refering to "those ads", apparently parroting Don Jr.'s referal to the Russian efforts as "running a few ads on facebook"

In fact, according to the Mueller Report the Russian effort was a 'widespread, multiyear sweeping effort to interfere with the election" 12 hackers working for the Military GRU have been indicted on clear evidence not to mention the Russian "Internet Research Agency" who literally employed thousands.

I'm ok with people who support Trump. Many are sane, reasonable and intelligent people. What I'm not ok with is the continued diminution of the Russian's efforts in an effort to suggest 'well it wasn't THAT bad. It's disingenuous at best and propaganda at worst.

I think it's wise to remember that Manafort/Gates turned over secret internal polling for Michigan,/Wisconsim, Pennslyvania and Minnesota. Where, not coincidentally the Russian focused a massive campaign of those lies and disinformation aimed at electing Trump right before election day.

But no, the Russians had no effect. But not to worry, Trump said yesterday that he's willing to accept theirs or China's help in his reelection.

Jun 14, 2019, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Anything could be a factor ]

but I've never read anything that said those ads swung the race for Clinton. She even said it didn't--she said it was Comey's re-opening of the email investigation. That, and ignoring some key states she thought she'd win.

And didn't Hillary have just as many ads placed for her as Trump did?

If I understand what your saying, the Russians didn't interfere in our political system to a meaningful degree, so it's ok if they or Iran, N.Korean, China...or Norway try it again.

Is that your view my friend?

How much money would I have to pay you to get you to actually read the Muller Report?

It's a fascinating read, you won't believe whats in it. https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

He seems to be uninformed about the hacking and realease

Jun 13, 2019, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Re: lol..so you're (still) back to thinking the Russians won ]

of emails and other efforts made by the Russians.

That is not surprising.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lol..so you're (still) back to thinking the Russians won

Jun 14, 2019, 1:07 AM [ in reply to lol..so you're (still) back to thinking the Russians won ]

You haven't read the Mueller report have you?

Fox News/Trump Jr/Right Wing media keep bringing up a "few Facebook ads."

American's diminish the efforts of the Russians to interfear in our democracy, all for the love of an Orange, rich, real estate salesman.

Hatred for liberals apparently overwhelms love for our democracy people may have once had.

I believe Mueller described it as a sweeping, multi year, multifaceted attempt to influence the presidential election in Trump's favor.

He also pointed out that although there wasn't sufficient evidence to support an indictment for conspiracy, he did note over 140 contacts between Trump's campaign and family and Russian operatives. He was unable to prove a quid pro quo.

Sen. Warren would run naked from Paris to Moscow

Jun 13, 2019, 9:32 AM

for a copy of the Trump-Russian golden shower video

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It appears we have a POTUS who isn't a politician and...

Jun 13, 2019, 9:48 AM

doesn't know he should lie every time a microphone is shoved in his face.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/06/russian_comedians_prank_call_rep_adam_schiff_promise_him_naked_photos_of_trump_from_fsb.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He lies every time he gets in front of a microphone.

Jun 13, 2019, 10:43 AM

But, I do agree, he's not a politician.

The simple fact is that he is a bigger liar than any politician in our history.

So he probably wouldn't take information from Russia?

Jun 13, 2019, 1:16 PM

I mean, that's exactly what Mueller found. Russia contacted the Trump campaign many times in many ways but Trump's campaign did not entertain them. No conspiracy to fix the election. That must suck for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Sorry. Wrong again. You should read the report.

Jun 13, 2019, 2:54 PM

Judging from your posts, you have no idea what's in it.

I'm tire of people telling me I haven't read the report.

Jun 13, 2019, 6:35 PM

Especially those people who haven't read the report because they can't read.

Then read it or shut up.***

Jun 13, 2019, 9:21 PM

Re: I'm tire of people telling me I haven't read the report.

Jun 14, 2019, 2:23 PM [ in reply to I'm tire of people telling me I haven't read the report. ]

You haven't read the report. Period. You posts are based on what you've been told was in the report and what you've heard others say about the report.

NO OBSTRUCTION, NO COLLUSION is not found anywhere in the report, period.

You're my friend, sit down for an hour and read it. I promise it will change your views.

Your humble, hard-headed servant. :)

You can read it free on the justice dept website:

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

Re: So he probably wouldn't take information from Russia?

Jun 14, 2019, 1:17 AM [ in reply to So he probably wouldn't take information from Russia? ]

I mean, that's exactly what Mueller found. Russia contacted the Trump campaign many times in many ways but Trump's campaign did not entertain them. No conspiracy to fix the election. That must suck for you.

Apparently it beer-thirty at your house. Mueller documented over 140 contacts between Russian operatives and the Trump campaign and family.

How do you know they didn't entertain them? Managort turned over interal campaign polling to Konstantine Kelemnik in order to share with Derek Derispaska, the Russian Billionaire who is close to Trump.

Please, for the love of all that is holey, your a very smart man. Read the Mueller Report, it' takes about 4 hours.

Jun 14, 2019, 2:16 PM [ in reply to So he probably wouldn't take information from Russia? ]

Jesus Christ, has no one actually read Muellers report? What Mueller actually said that the Trump Campaign "happily" embraced the Russian efforts on their behalf.

But he wasn't able to indict them because he could find evidence of a quid pro quo. In order for it to be a conspiracy, both actors must trade something of value.

Mueller documented over 140 contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian actors. He could not, however, find evidence that the Russians were given anything in return for the help.

READ THE REPORT, READ THE REPORT, READ THE REPORT!

Jun 15, 2019, 11:37 PM [ in reply to So he probably wouldn't take information from Russia? ]

For the love of Truth, read the freaking report. Literally NOTHING you just quoted is accurate.

Nothing. Mueller documented over 140 contacts betwee the family, campaign and transition with Russian entities. What Mueller couldn't find was payment to Russia. Mueller also pointed out that the Trump campaign embrced the help from the Russians and was "happy to benefit" from it.

READ THE FREAKING REPORT, OTHER WISE STOP TRYING TO CHARACTERIZE WHAT'S IN IT.

Your starting to sound like Memphis. You're far wiser than Memphis. :)

Re: It appears we have a POTUS who isn't a politician and...

Jun 14, 2019, 1:12 AM [ in reply to It appears we have a POTUS who isn't a politician and... ]

The Sitting President of the United States said, on tape, that he'd take dirt on an opponent from China, Russia or even Norway.

He said that wouldn't be interference in our election or democratic process.

While meanwhile complaining that Hillary hired Christopher Steele, a foreign national that they paid. A foreign national from our greatest historic ally.

But if Trump takes is directly from a hostile government, it's really ok.

But you guys go ahead and make jokes about microphones and naked pics.

Re: It appears we have a POTUS who isn't a politician and...

Jun 15, 2019, 11:33 PM [ in reply to It appears we have a POTUS who isn't a politician and... ]

Nice dodge, as usual, to the point of my original post. Trump now says collusion with a foriegn govt, even a hostile one "isn't interference" and we all know that everybody does it.

What a stark admission after 18 months of "No Collusion!".

Ok, so there was collusion and any future collusion to get re-elected is ok.

That is your Trump.

I wonder if he'd hire some British guy to subcontract Russia

Jun 13, 2019, 9:50 AM

to create an entire dossier of dirt on his opponent?

British guys don't count as foreigners because...

Jun 14, 2019, 3:20 PM

...well, I don't know why. But, apparently they don't count.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder if he'd hire some British guy to subcontract Russia

Jun 14, 2019, 4:24 PM [ in reply to I wonder if he'd hire some British guy to subcontract Russia ]

to create an entire dossier of dirt on his opponent?

I wonder why it's wrong for Steele to be employed by the Clinton campaign law firm, but it's not wrong for the Trump campaign to receive information from Russians?

I also wonder if you're aware of how much of the dossier has been verified as accurate?

NO COLLUSION.

Jun 13, 2019, 11:45 AM

(but if someone really wanted to collude, I'd totally be down with it). NOAMSAYIN?!?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic