Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's get real.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 560

Let's get real.

Jun 20, 2019, 2:17 PM

According to reports the drone Iran allegedly shot down cost $180 mil. It was alleged to be ~20 miles in the clear from being over Iranian air space.

I'll tell you right off, I don't believe a POTUS should attack anyone who hasn't attacked us. I'd leave it to the congress to make the decision if for nothing else to keep my promise of not dragging America into another mid east conflict. At least that's what I'd do for now.

I'd like to know how other lungers would deal with this situation considering what we know about it from the news.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's get real.

Jun 20, 2019, 2:21 PM

I like it, put it totally in the hands of the people and run it through Congress. If they do not support it, Iran will just keep poking until our appetite is ready for destruction. Then they will get what they deserve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D9vAItORgE&list=RDcHakH5MY0c8&index=4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our drone cost 4% of Iran's GDP***

Jun 20, 2019, 2:34 PM

null

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are we paying $180 mil for a drone?***

Jun 20, 2019, 2:35 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Freedom. Oh and Democracy.***

Jun 20, 2019, 2:37 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At 22 miles away horizontally and...

Jun 20, 2019, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Why are we paying $180 mil for a drone?*** ]

another 30K feet it can spy. How do you think we got the shots of the guys removing the mine from that tanker?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

inflation

Jun 20, 2019, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Why are we paying $180 mil for a drone?*** ]

?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Jun 20, 2019, 2:21 PM

How much did the Iranian missile cost?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 2:25 PM

Throw a couple more and I would say about 2,000 soldiers and 10-12 compounds with a sprinkling of women and children for the press to grovel about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A dollar two ninety eight.***

Jun 20, 2019, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's get real. ]

Step 1, stop being delusional hypocrites.

Jun 20, 2019, 2:30 PM

Step 2, learn a tiny bit of history between the US and Iran

Step 3, realize that government debt is a bigger threat to our way of life than Iran ever was.

The entire perception over this situation is so badly jacked up... there are several layers of erroneous thinking which are all twisted up and being hurled in every direction. Of all the topics I've seen on this board, I'd say people are more thoroughly lost here than at any other time. Maybe Syria is the only comparison.

'Nothing,' would have been sufficient.

Jun 20, 2019, 2:43 PM

No it wouldn't. "Nothing" isn't my answer.

Jun 20, 2019, 2:47 PM

I do not believe either side about the location of the drone. They would lie. We would lie. I think we are already the aggressor before this incident with our sanctions. I think our sanctions are wrong. I think our alignment with Saudi Arabia against Iran is wrong. I think our hypocrisy regarding their security situation relative to ours is wrong. I think our reliance on the petrodollar is stupid.

"It's complicated" would make more sense than "nothing."

That, I can appreciate.

Jun 20, 2019, 2:51 PM

Fool me once (Iraq) and shame on you...

I got fooled with Iraq. Anyone who falls for it again

deserves a lobotomy.... or they already had one.

We didn't even admit being involved in the coup until 2000

Jun 20, 2019, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Step 1, stop being delusional hypocrites. ]

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/thepangeablog/2012/02/07/history-of-u-s-intervention-in-iran-1953-until-present-58-years/

The middle east has been a problem since...

Jun 20, 2019, 2:48 PM

forever. We only complicate the issue by dallying around there.

Actually, it was less of a mess than Europe until after

Jun 20, 2019, 2:50 PM

the Renaissance. But... who gives a sh*t about history? Amarite?

It was a problem, but we made it worse

Jun 20, 2019, 3:26 PM [ in reply to The middle east has been a problem since... ]

and did so for the benefit of Big Oil and the MIC.

I'm just happy that we have a Raytheon exec in charge of the

Jun 20, 2019, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Step 1, stop being delusional hypocrites. ]

DOD. FINALLY, the military industrial complex has a voice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Step 1, stop being delusional hypocrites.

Jun 20, 2019, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Step 1, stop being delusional hypocrites. ]

I regret that I have but only one TU to give this post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

IDK

sounds like a lot of money can be made here, plus it is Iran. Trump can cement his legacy by sending in the troops and declaring Mission Accomplished after a few months.

With all due respect, no he couldn't.

Jun 20, 2019, 2:56 PM

War with Iran would be a disaster from the beginning. Trump knows that...and that's why he just said this...

https://abcnews.go.com/International/iran-shoots-american-drone-international-airspace-us-official/story?id=63825990

Despite Iran already saying this...

https://fox8.com/2019/06/20/iranian-commander-says-the-shooting-down-of-us-drone-sends-a-clear-message-to-america/

Iran has Trump Over. A. Barrel. He badly misplayed his hand. Now Trump may be forced into a war that he really doesn't want (political distatser that he gets saddled with). But Bolton, Pompeo, Lindsay Graham, Tom Cotton, and the rest of the military industrial complex do.

I don't believe Trump will go to war without...

Jun 20, 2019, 3:00 PM

most Americans calling for war. I don't believe congress will approve war without general consensus calling for it either.

Trump bombed Syria on BS and we continue to occupy their

Jun 20, 2019, 3:06 PM

sovereign territory. Nobody cares. We have soldiers fighting and dying in Africa. Nobody cares or knows anything about our deployments there. We are still in Afghanistan and nobody cares.

The American people are clearly not really that interested in finding out what the military does. Our corporate consolidated media has no motivation to investigate the veracity of our military claims and explanations. As long as we have our cushy standards of living, and our meaningless partisan politics to fight over, we let the system run itself.

Same will be true with Iran. People will gladly swallow it if the mainstream media rallies behind a military effort. People don't make decisions based on facts. Too lazy for that.

Re: I don't believe Trump will go to war without...

Jun 20, 2019, 3:17 PM [ in reply to I don't believe Trump will go to war without... ]

He campaigned on not going to war. He has said it time and time again. I know I know, you will point to the wall and whatever, but in this instance, everyone knows thta Trump doesnt want war and isnt a war hawk like many in Congress.

The President should not be who decides if we go to war.

Jun 20, 2019, 3:38 PM [ in reply to I don't believe Trump will go to war without... ]

I guess he can have an opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pompeo is even claiming that Iran has ties with Al Qaeda.

Jun 20, 2019, 3:02 PM [ in reply to With all due respect, no he couldn't. ]

That's absurd. A militant Sunni group is aligned with 90% Shiite Iran. This is Iraq all over again. When you put chickenhawks like Pompeo and Bolton in charge, this is what you get.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People don't care. They would rather argue about partisan

Jun 20, 2019, 3:08 PM

politics. Gladly follow the current of spoonfed corporate media narrative. We've been Orwellian for a while now. People have just enough pride to resist having to admit it to themselves... but not enough pride to keep from being run amok. Military Industrial Complex solved the equation of human nature.

Our republic is on autopilot... and the Military Industrial complex is engorging themselves beyond even Eisenhower's imagination.

Re: People don't care. They would rather argue about partisan

Jun 20, 2019, 3:21 PM

Yep, when you have a less than critical thinking public who equate military spending with military support and love of country you get the bloated mess we have now.

Disagree...

Jun 20, 2019, 7:00 PM [ in reply to With all due respect, no he couldn't. ]

And you and I both agree this is foolish, but disagree.

Bush Jr. is still hailed as a good president by many in America despite the result. History shows presidential supports rises with military conflict, even if later proven idiotic.

Don't be shocked if Trump rides this. John Bolton knows this fact.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Allow me to elaborate.... Unlike Iraq, a war in Iran will deteriorate

Jun 20, 2019, 8:42 PM

immediately, instead of after a successful invasion. Iran 2019 and Iraq 2003 are completely different animals. It will be a nightmare. The only thing that would keep it from being as big of a failure is Vietnam is that the military industrial complex learned it can't draft people any more.

Iran can shoot down our planes. Iran can threaten our support ships. Iran can much more severely punish our "allies" in the region well beyond what Saddam did to Israel. Iran learned from both Iraq wars and has closed the air defense gap. Plus their terrain is way more suited for defense. It's the freakin Persian empire. White people aint running this sh*t forever.

I would do the thing that causes the fewest people to die.***

Jun 20, 2019, 3:36 PM

This may be a stupid question...

Jun 20, 2019, 3:46 PM

But what if we didn't fly drones close to Iran? Would bad things happen? What is their purpose?

According to what our gov says the drone was used to...

Jun 20, 2019, 8:15 PM

surveil the gulf and straight and serve to watch transportation through the region. It's also reported to have been 20+ miles from Iranian air space.

Frankly, I don't know what to believe.

Whatever you do, don't trust the government.***

Jun 20, 2019, 9:28 PM

Jun 20, 2019, 4:38 PM

I think I woulf make sure that they paid for it, but it that wasnt an option I would do 10× the damage the other way.

Imo, it's already paid for.

Jun 20, 2019, 8:18 PM

The EU will not appreciate this and it should cause them to go all in with helping us keep the shipping lanes open. It may also be an advantage in preventing them from doing business with Iran during the sanctions. The political capitol with the EU may be priceless, imo.

Only fools will advocate for war with Iran.

Jun 20, 2019, 6:45 PM

But I posit we still have fools here who would based on their foolish support for Iraq.

Y'all still here? Spectre? Tiger TC? clempson93?

I know y'all lurking. War hawking. Come on. Holler.

Even many of the fools (me) who supported the Iraq war

Jun 20, 2019, 8:58 PM

realize how chaotically evil and fraudulent this run up to war is.

Replies: 39
| visibility 560
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic