Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump as economic magician is starting to fade. Stocks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 522

Trump as economic magician is starting to fade. Stocks

Nov 20, 2018, 12:18 PM

started dropping at the end of the third quarter which is normal.

What’s not normal is for stocks to keep selling off through the holiday season which is historically one of the best times of year.

Many are calling for the huge sell off to continue. I don’t think it will. We’ll see..

Both the DOW and Nasdaq are in negative territory for 2018.

Trump is by far the worst human being to occupy the WH but at least when I was making money in the market, I could overlook some of that. I still can’t believe he intentionally created all this uncertainty with his tariffs. UNCERTAINTY is the worst thing for any economy. The only result so far is a slight tweak of NAFTA. Was this slight tweak worth creating all this uncertainty? Not sure but someone’s gonna have to show me some FACTS for me to believe it. That won’t be possible for several years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump as economic magician is starting to fade. Stocks

Nov 20, 2018, 12:33 PM

Unless the Chinese cave it will take a year. We'll revisit this in a year and see how I did. No searching CNN's financial sections to find some spin to play it down when it happens.

BTW, you can expect a short, small bump during Dec but it won't last long and it won't survive much after that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump is a grifter.

Nov 20, 2018, 12:35 PM

Nobody with any basic knowledge of economics believes he is an economic magician.

I do agree that he is by far the worst human being to ever hold the office. I am curious to see what additional corrosion he can do to the Republican Party in the next two years. Disembowel?

I don't expect the GOP to abandon him no matter how bad it gets. And it's going to get much worse.

Mueller's investigation has kept a low profile since August. These next few weeks should be interesting, to say the least.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many times did we hear...

Nov 20, 2018, 1:11 PM

From his supporters, "Yeah, he sucks, but at least my finances are good!" (I know you aren't a supporter; I'm just quoting them).

I'm not one to attribute much blame or credit to a president depending on the stock market's actions, but just a friendly to some folks who have kept their support of Trump conditional upon the economy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

The stock market and the "economy" aren't the same thing...

Nov 20, 2018, 2:49 PM

just pointing that out.

And for what it's worth, I think the tariffs were idiotic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but the argument I often heard...

Nov 20, 2018, 2:54 PM

Was regarding how well the stock market was affecting their portfolio due to Trump, so they claimed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

a few points

Nov 20, 2018, 1:33 PM

everyone knew it wqs gonna come down eventually.
The fed is killing it with raising rates after 10 yrs of setting them at almost 0%.

With that said, Trump still owns the ups and downs regardless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize why they are rising though, right?***

Nov 20, 2018, 3:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, 2 things

Nov 20, 2018, 3:28 PM

1. you can't keep the rates at 0 forever. It has been at historic lows for at least 4-6 yrs.
2. The economy was booming and they are afraid of inflation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"YAY!! The stock market is tumbling!!"

Nov 20, 2018, 1:49 PM

"MY TEAM WINS!!1!"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m not rejoicing and gave him much credit in

Nov 20, 2018, 3:04 PM

2017 for the initial spike.

I, like you, would like to retire one day.

The Skreet is afraid now that Dems own The House and can

Nov 20, 2018, 2:37 PM

slow down the Trump economic genius train.

Toot toot!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lulz

Nov 20, 2018, 3:03 PM

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-tariffs-soybean-china-trade-war-negotiations-xi-jinping-a8641671.html

Replies: 12
| visibility 522
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic