Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Officials took it away - - again!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Officials took it away - - again!

Mar 13, 2019, 6:22 PM

The last two fouls called on Clemson - Thomas’ 5th and the “clincher” on Trapp - we’re not only non fouls, there was no contact whatsoever! In fact, the replays showed Clyde Trapp nowhere near the State player. This was an obvious State bailout call to keep the NC teams in the tournament so they can sell more tickets.
And for all of you so-called Tiger Fans out there who are so “loyal” - get real about a basketball coach. Do you really think we can get a Roy Williams or a Coach K to come to a football school and recruit all 5-star players? NO! Ain’t gonna happen!
I really question the person that said he never goes to basketball games because of Coach Brownell. What a great Clemson fan you are! Thanks for your loyal support! How about thinking of the kids who play for once. Do you think they go out there night in and night out and try to lose? Guess you’ll stay home this Fall after we lose a football game! How spoiled we are!
I support all Clemson athletic programs through thick and thin. I am not a fair weather Tiger.
The best of luck to Coach Brownell and all of the hard working basketball Tigers whether we go to the NCAA or the NIT. I, for one, will be there pulling for you. GO TIGERS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Officials took it away - - again!

Mar 13, 2019, 6:49 PM

Shooting 8-41 to end the game had nothing to do with it?

Your takes are as bad as the movie you’ve named yourself adtee

Mar 13, 2019, 7:51 PM

No rational person is saying Clemson can be on par with Duke or UNC. That would be like saying those 2 could be on par with us in football. There’s a difference between being a supportive fan and being a lemming and at this point it’s clear to me Brownell isn’t the guy for the job. He got new facilities he had been asking for which were supposedly the reason he couldn’t get recruits. Now he’s getting slightly better recruits but can’t hold onto an 18 pt 2nd half lead in an absolutely must win game with a senior-laden team. You can be supportive of the program but also acknowledge the job isn’t getting done at the level it could or should be. No excuse not to at least be a tournament team every year/every 2 out of 3 years with an occasional sweet 16 run.

The Godfather was a bad movie? Granted the book was better,

Mar 14, 2019, 12:40 AM

but the movie is a classic

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Godfather 1 & 2 are great films

Mar 14, 2019, 7:03 AM

Godfather 3 is an abomination

Mar 13, 2019, 7:52 PM

Ditto!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2019, 11:58 PM

Blame it on poor coaching and losing an 18 point lead in the first half. The call is not the reason we lost.

True, there are many reasons we lost, but the fact is...

Mar 14, 2019, 12:40 AM

IF they hadn't called that imaginary foul call on Trapp, we would have won the game!! You can't deny that!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And there it is...Can't sum it up better than that***

Mar 14, 2019, 12:52 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm firmly against blaming fans that Clemson basketball...

Mar 14, 2019, 6:56 AM

sucks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2019, 7:24 AM

10 minutes without a bucket. We allowed the officials to get back in the game and make a call to screw us. It’s our own fault. It’s also brownells fault for allowing clemson to get picked on all the time.

Mar 14, 2019, 7:30 AM

Godfather 43, well said.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic