Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So did I really miss that Lakebum is having a kid? Because
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 565

So did I really miss that Lakebum is having a kid? Because

Feb 14, 2019, 9:10 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*cough* *cough* *hack*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*burp*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh god, this is too much. Hahahaha..... *shart*

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will be interesting to see him change the next 5 years

Feb 14, 2019, 9:12 AM

Assuming he can even find the time to be here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still get people telling me how difficult marriage

Feb 14, 2019, 9:26 AM

supposedly is. I think my household dynamic may be a bit different than a lot of peoples.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think those people are usually referring to marriage

Feb 14, 2019, 9:28 AM

after kid(s)

Tomspeed

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Every. Thing. Changes.

Feb 14, 2019, 9:32 AM

Actually, you're kind of better off if everything is rocky before kids so you'll know how to cope.

If you think everything is perfect, or even if it really is perfect....much bigger adjustment coming.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True. The GF I’ve had for over a year moved in recently.

Feb 14, 2019, 9:52 AM

Has a 8 year old boy herself plus my 3, twins 6, and son 10. So I know she is very committed and know what it’s like to live together w the family.

I wouldn’t ever marry another woman without her living w us for a while to know it will work.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pigs?***

Feb 14, 2019, 9:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Agree, I think that's the best thing we ever did

Feb 14, 2019, 9:55 AM [ in reply to True. The GF I’ve had for over a year moved in recently. ]

We had some family give us some grief for "living in sin", but overall glad we lived together a few years before getting married. Made the transition seamless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Living in sin”

Feb 14, 2019, 9:59 AM

Lol. There wouldn’t be such a high divorce rate if people lived together first or had a child for a few years and see what it’s like together.

I read an article the other day that millennials divorce rate is much lower than previous generations, I suspect this is bc they aren’t rushing into getting married at 18 to their high school sweet hearts, and then would be divorced by 25.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same GF from the pic with the socks?

Feb 14, 2019, 10:19 AM [ in reply to True. The GF I’ve had for over a year moved in recently. ]

Well, good luck.

looking thru saved pics right now...***

Feb 14, 2019, 11:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

My marriage was on the ropes not long after

Feb 14, 2019, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Yep. Every. Thing. Changes. ]

we tied the knot.

Then had my daughter (wouldn't suggest getting preggers when you're close to divorce). Fortunately it worked out for us. Decided to work through the issues for her and been doing well ever since.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Truthy post is truthy

Feb 14, 2019, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Yep. Every. Thing. Changes. ]

Men love women

Women love kids

Kids love dogs

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still get people telling me how difficult marriage

Feb 14, 2019, 9:31 AM [ in reply to I still get people telling me how difficult marriage ]

My wife is super cool and chill. Even after kids she is pretty chill and I basically do what I want. But you just have to be willing to sacrifice some things to have this autonomy that I have.

Most of the people I know who biatch and moan about their wife either dont really help with the kids, stay out super late every weekend night, go slam beers all day on Sunday during NFL or overall are just douchey about the way they view their wife and kids. Like the wife is supposed to do it all.

Use discretion when going out or spending time away, help with the kids, help with dinners and such and you will be fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not most people you know then.

Feb 14, 2019, 9:46 AM

Actually, I've cut back a lot. I no longer unload the dishwasher or fold clothes. Kids now take out the garbage. I still do basically all the clothes washing, dishes off the table and into the dishwasher, grocery shopping, 80% of the cooking, maybe 30% on diaper changes, bathe the kids, read to then, tuck them in, make lunch in the morning, take them to school, cub scouts, karate, etc. Wife does the rest, like take to the doctor, buy clothes, etc. She only cooks when we're going to her family for some function and she wants to impress them, or I ask her to cook something on the stove because I need to watch the grill.

I watch Clemson football games. That's it. I don't even watch TV except for maybe 15 mins before I fall asleep at night. Less than 2 hours a week. Fully half my TV viewing for a year is probably Clemson football games. Wife acts like she's doing me a favor "letting" me watch that. Never go out to bars on the weekend, or any time. Drink maybe 2 beers/drinks a week if averaged out.

So anyway....

You may not be fine no matter how hard you try. You may find you're better off not trying. Most everything I do now is because of the kids. Wife's not in the equation anymore.

It sounds like you married high maintenance

Feb 14, 2019, 9:51 AM

How many friends warned you beforehand?

I sent him a MySpace message to not do it.***

Feb 14, 2019, 9:55 AM

Friend of a friend is engaged right now

Feb 14, 2019, 10:02 AM

They say every day they're telling him what a worthless POS his fiancé is and what a mistake he's making. Supposedly he has quit talking to a few friends over it, but they say it's like a slow motion train wreck. She's, of course, being a bridezilla. He just will not listen.

I had a neighbor in college who was like this, though. Lunatic of a girlfriend, if he didn't answer her texts within 10 minutes she was on the way up to Clemson from like 3 hours away. Finally broke up with her after she wouldn't leave his porch for 7 hours one day. Didn't take 6 months and he was back with that psycho, and eventually married her.

Yeah, high $$$$ maintenance would be easy.

Feb 14, 2019, 10:23 AM [ in reply to It sounds like you married high maintenance ]

As for warnings, none. She was very skillful during courtship. All of nearly three years.

Serious post

Feb 14, 2019, 10:36 AM [ in reply to I'm not most people you know then. ]

Tiggity® I have been there too. We were pretty much heading to divorce not long ago. Came to a head at the 2017 Syracuse game (don't ask.) An yway, we both realized we were selfish and have worked it out. It's not perfect, but much better it has been since before we had kids.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think every single marriage has that breaking point

Feb 14, 2019, 10:43 AM

some hit it the first few months after the honeymoon. Some hit it 15 years later. But every marriage will hit it at some point.

Now if you're hitting it every few months to years you might want to have a tough conversation with yourself.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Thanks.***

Feb 14, 2019, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Serious post ]

Your middle paragraph is 100% spot on.

Feb 14, 2019, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: I still get people telling me how difficult marriage ]

That causes HUGE problems 60% of the time, every time.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pro Tip: Change every diaper when home...

Feb 14, 2019, 10:16 AM [ in reply to I still get people telling me how difficult marriage ]

Maybe you won’t have to do anything else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So did I really miss that Lakebum is having a kid? Because

Feb 14, 2019, 10:09 AM

MauldinT gets to live vicariously through another jounger with that lactation seggs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It does taste good. So I've heard.***

Feb 14, 2019, 11:29 AM

Replies: 25
| visibility 565
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic