Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Travel Plans for Cotton Bowl?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Travel Plans for Cotton Bowl?

Dec 3, 2018, 2:52 PM

What are your travel plans for the cotton bowl? Anyone getting creative by flying into an airport not in Dallas and driving a bit? Would love to hear what fellow tiger fans are doing as I'm trying to book on a budget.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Travel Plans for Cotton Bowl?

Dec 3, 2018, 3:06 PM

I'm probably going out on 12/28 and extending my trip until 12/31 - looking at flying into Houston, renting a car and driving to Dallas that day. Hotels don't appear to be attrocious in Dallas area. On Sunday, I'm going back to Houston to catch the Jaguars @ Texans to see a little DW4 and NUK before flying back Monday.

Flights from Atlanta or Charlotte to Houston are still pretty cheap. And hotels seem to be reasonable. Just have to rent a car....

Similar to my plans. Great chance to see Texans on Sunday.***

Dec 3, 2018, 9:09 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 3:12 PM

Flying into Austin and driving 3 hours to Arlington.

Was a lot cheaper and Austin is great.

Dec 3, 2018, 3:45 PM

I lived in Houston for 8 years.....Many airports within 4-5 hour driving distance to Dallas (Love Field/D/FW): Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Shreveport, Lubbock, Norman....

Don't forget Southwest and if any of these are too far to drive, then flying to one and getting a quick SW flight into Dallas Love Field might be an alternative.

Thousands of hotels in the D/FW area so shouldn't be hard to find reasonable prices especially on business hotels that don't do much business over the New Year's weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm routed from the kitchen, with a short layover at the

Dec 3, 2018, 3:52 PM

fridge, then landing at the couch @ around 6:55

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm routed from the kitchen, with a short layover at the

Dec 5, 2018, 8:23 PM

You must have booked through the same agency. I'm looking at Publix to Chick-Fil-A to kitchen to den.

Re: I'm routed from the kitchen, with a short layover at the

Dec 6, 2018, 6:50 AM

Momma Sues Travel and Biscuits is who I like to use.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 8:09 PM

We are driving as far as i know and staying overnight in Mississippi with my brother in law...good times...

Dec 3, 2018, 8:24 PM

Driving from Atlanta. Making a road trip on the way back for the new year.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 8:32 PM

Same as I did for the Tampa Natty. I'm walking away from my house two days before the game, decked out in all orange with a backpack full of Cliff bars and enough essentials to last four days, and a $100 bill in my pocket. I'll hold out my thumb as I walk and should get a ride within an hour. I plan to meet other Tiger fans when I arrive and find someone who'll allow me to sleep on the floor in their hotel room and use their shower. I plan to invite myself into the best looking tailgate I can find at the stadium, eat their food, and hopefully meet someone to let me crash in their room after the game and give me a ride home. Five minutes after kickoff, I'll approach the gate and slip that $100 bill from my pocket to the dude scanning tickets to gain entry. Once inside the stadium I'll walk up and down steps and through rows as I watch the game. After the game, you'll know it's me because I'll be the first one at the 50 to sing the alma mater. Gonna be an epic adventure!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic