Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Toughest game next year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Toughest game next year?

Jan 15, 2019, 11:38 AM

Schedule:

8/29 (Thursday night) vs GT
9/7 vs A&M
9/22 vs Charlotte
11/2 vs Wofford
11/30 at UofSC

Unscheduled:
BC
FSU
Wake
At Louisville
At NCSU
At UNC
At Syracuse

I want to say A&M but they won’t surprise us next year, it’s at home and TL isn’t a rookie. Plus, looking at their depth chart, they lose seven starters on defense and their starting RB and TE...who was their leading receiver.

GT in a crazy environment with a new coach?

Maybe Syracuse. They lose Dungey and a good bit of their OLine but it’s in the Carrier Dome and their coach has them believing.

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Toughest game next year?

Jan 15, 2019, 11:40 AM

At Syracuse

Jan 15, 2019, 11:41 AM

a&m by far, they have plenty of talent, and it's his second year. GT is at home btw.. not many worries with that game. Cuse loses their best qb in over a decade.

Jan 15, 2019, 11:42 AM

The game on Sunday will be tough with the Charlotte Black Cats.

?? 9/21...not 9/22***

Jan 15, 2019, 11:45 AM

null

A&M will be the best group of athletes we will face in the regular season next year***

Jan 15, 2019, 11:42 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

U of SuCk because SEC

Jan 15, 2019, 11:43 AM

Actually none are hard. I see 12-0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: U of SuCk because SEC

Jan 15, 2019, 11:44 AM

At cuse

Bama in New Orleans.***

Jan 15, 2019, 11:45 AM

My first thought, too, but maybe... maybe Georgia.***

Feb 4, 2019, 2:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 11:46 AM

Vs. Alabama at a neutral site, but still not much of challenge.

Today, I have to say A&M (subject to change). A&M loses some players and the Tigers lose some and both have great recruits coming in. Jimbo knows the Tigers pretty well from FSU and Dabo knows Jimbo well also. I think our D Line will still be trying to find themselves and this game will tell us a lot. Advantage Tigers because of the offense.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange & White Spring Game

Probably A&M

the next one***

Jan 15, 2019, 11:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 11:49 AM

A&M mostly because.... uggg... Jimbo actually does know how to coach and they will have a lot of prep-time for that game while we would be coming off a legitimate "P5 member" game against an unknown coach.

If GT even keeps it close (20 points or less0, give the new coach the Dodd + Bryant award immediately.

I am less worried about the 'Cuse at this moment as without Dungy (their quasi-Renfrow player against us), I am not sure how they will hold up next year.

The NATTY against BAMA version 5***

Jan 15, 2019, 11:56 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 12:08 PM

@home:
Texas A & M

@way:
Syracuse

But honestly, I see 12-0 after this regular season, then..........

@CFP
Alabama

A&M and Syracuse...

Jan 15, 2019, 12:17 PM

On paper (talent wise) A&M should be our toughest game. However, I wouldn't make too big a deal from last years close game. A lot of folks forget that Texas A&M had a big advantage over us last year in terms of game prep. We had practically no game film to study of Texas A&M running Jimbo's and Elko's schemes last year as compared to the treasure trove of game film A&M had of Clemson. That won't be the case this year as we will have plenty of game film for study and doubt we will have to make as many on the fly adjustments as last year. I'm not discounting A&M and their talent but I think we will be the better team and should win this one in Death Valley.

We have not finished a Syracuse game with our starting QB for the last 3 contests - and not by choice. That stuff needs to change this coming season and Trevor needs to light them up in the Dome. For some reason, Babers has come alive against Clemson the last two years and we need to go full bore on these guys. Not sure what Cuse will have for a QB this season (thank goodness Dungey is gone) but knowing Babers he will have the Cuse ready to play.

Similar to the A&M game last year, the GA Tech game could be a little tricky in the beginning since we won't have any game film of the GT players running the new offense under their new coach (GT Spring game will be the extent of it). The talent deficit of GT, however, will be noticeable and I expect us to be comfortably ahead by the 3rd quarter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A&M and Syracuse...

Feb 4, 2019, 10:01 AM

I agree with that! It’ll definitely be helpful that TA&M is at home and that we have film on them. Glad that running back is gone... our dline will be good, but still trying to find its groove. Talent wise, TA&M is definetly our toughest matchup. May start a little awkward against GA tech (new coach), but not a challenge due to talent and the fact that this guy is a first year. Cuse has a new qb, and we need to keep TL safe in the dome, no more concussions!

Jan 15, 2019, 12:25 PM

The spring game

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Feb 4, 2019, 11:11 AM

Lol, I was gonna say none, but you nailed it.+1

Feb 4, 2019, 2:08 PM

A&M

Feb 4, 2019, 3:13 PM

The last one!

Feb 4, 2019, 3:16 PM

The Aggies will face the best offense they will see all season in week 2. They have to replace alot on defense and won't be ready for it. That being said Jimbo will have a good game plan and Mond will give us some trouble but will not have the game of his life since he had that this year. It will be close early and we pull away starting middle of 2nd quarter on.

Texas A&M***

Feb 4, 2019, 6:30 PM

Orange and White***

Feb 4, 2019, 7:24 PM

At NC State. Not because they will be best team we face,

Feb 4, 2019, 7:29 PM

but it could be for the division title and Raleigh can be a difficult place to play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic