Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's Go Braves!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,645

Let's Go Braves!

Oct 3, 2019, 6:20 PM

Just turned it on. Skeeta56®, I hope you are there or watching somewhere nice!

If somehow the Braves and the Nats meet again, you should come up to Nats Park for a game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Just got home from meeting with my Seed Advisor . . .

Oct 3, 2019, 6:44 PM

Sounds like a dream . . . Hope we both find a way to survive!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dodgers were scary good tonight, especially as game

Oct 4, 2019, 12:40 AM

progressed. I think Braves will be okay, the mistakes were correctable. I don't know (haven't looked it up), but I imagine that it is rare that you score 6 runs and still lose in the MLB playoffs and if the call at 1st was reversed then that HR would have tied it up.

Acuna is such a fun player to watch, one of the best in the game, and future of the team. Don't know what the manager will do. You have to run out every play.

If Dabo was managing the Braves, he would probably sit Acuna down for a game - right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Tough game for Acuna...

Oct 4, 2019, 5:41 AM

Incredible talent, but still a kid in many ways...and that's a positive...with negative potential. He's why the Braves won the East...he's why they lost tonight.

He shouldn't have been stealing in the first inning...especially being his first game returning from injury...with the best catcher in baseball behind the plate. That cost a run.

Not running out the ball off the wall...should have been standing on second. Then to get doubled-off on a line drive in front of you...sheesh. Josh was seething!

Flipping the narrative a bit...it can be said the Cardinals won by a total of 3, maybe 4 feet, with most of that distance on Carpenter's bloop to left that Duvall made the throw at the plate. That was an rbi hit. Then, the doubles (not bad pitches, btw) over the 3rd and 1st base bags...mere inches on each and they're foul...and I'm not convinced the one over first wasn't foul...or wasn't fair, for that matter. More runs as a result.

Lastly, less than an inch higher on the throw to first and Albies is safe ahead of Freeman's blast...and it's a tie game. Cards had the rabbit's foot tonight.

I'm a Snit fan, but his bullpen management last night wasn't too good. Removing Keuchel was a bit hasty. Using Fried that early in game 1...surprising, but with the efficient inning (14/9) he had, at least let him start the next one.

Being a Braves fan is a lot like being a Tiger fan during the Bowden years...roller-coaster.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tough game for Acuna...

Oct 4, 2019, 8:46 AM

Spot on analysis.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

agree about Fried

Oct 4, 2019, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Tough game for Acuna... ]

If he had pitched the 8th, the Braves win.

Acuna did more than enough good last night to cancel out his mistakes. The loss rests on the bullpen IMO.

And I also agree that double over first was probably foul. Would like to see that play from another angle.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Acuna solution is very simple..

Oct 4, 2019, 9:51 AM

They've tried "warning" him by benching him in the game in August and giving him a stern talking to regarding hustle and hurting your team... With this second occurrence... Especially with it being in the playoffs.. It's time to let him know he will be hit with a fine next time around. A $15k hit to the pocket book for loafing should correct that type of play really quickly.. If he does it again, Up it to $25k. It's unacceptable for a player of his caliber and future leader of this team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bullpen management cost The Braves in the Cox-era playoffs

Oct 4, 2019, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Tough game for Acuna... ]

as well. Must be a Braves thing to over-manage the pitching in the post-season...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^That thought

Oct 4, 2019, 6:17 PM

Crossed my mind! ;)

Just saw the score from today, didn’t realize they were playing the

Oct 4, 2019, 6:52 PM

First two games as earlier as they did/are. Box score looks good for your Braves.

The Braves are hanging their hopes on a

Oct 4, 2019, 6:55 PM

Folty Duvall strategy. ;)

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,645
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic